Wow, what a fucked up night.

You are a dumbass, X.

Yer comparing a message board on the internet to real life. It’s the internet. Who cares.

X, I didn’t almost break into a house, I DID break into a house:

Myself and Molly had been breaking into houses around her neighborhood for quite sometime and stealing keys to the houses so that we could go into them later and smoke them up, drink them up, spray paint over the walls…just have some good fun at the expense of someone elses coin. The house had been worked on recently, so a number of our taggings and such had been painted over and cut out of the wall. So we had to climb in through a window since the locks had now been changed. Anyway, we examine the house, and I notice that theres a security system panel on the wall. I take a look, and see that the indicater light under the words “Trouble” was on, and I quickly get everybody out of the house and up the driveway.

No I didn’t what? I don’t really understand what you’re talking about.

You said you were in the car the entire time.

No, dude, I was directly refferring to the part where we were at Sims house and watching him get wailed on by his dad, I thought I made that clear when thats what I was talking about at the time. Perhaps I should have said “I was in the car the entire time while this was happening.”

Old school saying - “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

That’s the only reason I’m not saying anything else. The rest of you can do whatever you like.

I don’t believe in that saying - I personally think its bullshit.

In any case, if you did do the things that you said that you did, I hope for the sake of your community that all offending parties are caught and punished accordingly by law. They deserve it.

Can I ask you something, Sorc? Why do you do this stuff? Drinking, ok, most likely to get yourself lost in a haze of pleasure, escape from reality (or whatever, I’ve never drank, nor do I ever intend to - but I can think of alot things which’re more pleasurable and don’t involve nasty side effects) But breaking into buildings? Getting in a car with someone who’s drunk? Does it give you some kind of thrill? Does it make you feel more complete as a person? And no offense, but if I want to hear about this kind of stuff, I can go back to my high school and eavesdrop on 90% of the population… It’s pretty typical idiocy.

Umm. Not all alcohol tastes like shit, sometimes it even enhances taste. Especially red wine.

Originally posted by Astral
Can I ask you something, Sorc? Why do you do this stuff? Drinking, ok, most likely to get yourself lost in a haze of pleasure, escape from reality (or whatever, I’ve never drank, nor do I ever intend to - but I can think of alot things which’re more pleasurable and don’t involve nasty side effects) But breaking into buildings? Getting in a car with someone who’s drunk? Does it give you some kind of thrill? Does it make you feel more complete as a person? And no offense, but if I want to hear about this kind of stuff, I can go back to my high school and eavesdrop on 90% of the population… It’s pretty typical idiocy.

I drink because I like the taste, and fun stuff usually happens with drunk people. The swimming and the pool - that was a lot of fun. The only reason we went to the house was to see what work had been done on it since we hadn’t been there in a while. The getting in the car with a drunk driver was an idea I wasn’t keen on. This story was not about me - which is why I didn’t throw in all my personal commentary (not only would that have made it unneccessarily long, but it wasn’t the point of the story and I didn’t think you guys would care - 2/3 aint bad.), which is why I took the wheel when we were on the road back to mollys house the first time. It was hardly a thrill, but I have faith in my friends, and he said he could drive, so I believed him. Only when he almost ran over people was when I drove.

As for the high school comment, I’d think you would hear much more of this idiocy in college - with no parents anywhere around at all, so don’t pull this highschool bullshit on me.

You people act as if I have no regard for my personal safety what so ever, and your wrong. I do the things I do because they’re fun, but when I do them I make extra sure of my surroundings. I’ve never been so fucked up that I don’t know who I am or whats going on (although, I must confess that will most likely change this weekend, but then again, I don’t plan on going ANYWHERE once we start up, no matter what anyone says, I am staying put.)

None of this is really very difficult to understand. People fill underage drinking and drug use with “they are crying for help” and “they want to escape their problems” - thats crap. The main reason people do things like these are because they’re fun. As long as you keep an eye on whats going on, you won’t get hurt. That and boredom is a bit of a key factor - sit on the computer all day talking to my e-friends, or go hang out with real life friends, get sorta messed up and maybe go skinny dipping or something? Really, it’s no contest.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Why shouldn’t be doing any of that stuff? He’s a teenager, he doesn’t necesarily have any responsibilities, he doesn’t have to work yet, so why can’t he have fun? I know you guys probably have totally different ides of fun than him, but really, if he’s at least being semi-responsible about it, and knows what he’s doing, then I don’t see the problem. Sorc isn’t an idiot.

How is any of what he did being responsible at all? He was clever enough to notice the security panel, but that’s not responsible - he’s still breaking laws and doing things harmful to other people, and treading all over the laws that govern personal property and the ideas that govern personal responsibility.

I hadn’t responded to this thread earlier because I really had nothing to add - I find Sorc’s justifying of his behavior
and that of his friends in his account disgusting. He’s a criminal. Nothing nice to say about that. Dismissing illegal events like that is a smack in the face to anyone who argues that teenagers shouldn’t be discounted so much by society as immature, rash, and untrustworthy - because some are. And they’ll spoil it for the ones who aren’t.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
You people act as if I have no regard for my personal safety what so ever, and your wrong.

Some of us are probably less concerned with your personal well-being (me, for example - I don’t give a damn whether you hurt yourself) than in how you may harm others. I’m with Sir Percival when he says:

“I hope for the sake of your community that all offending parties are caught and punished accordingly by law. They deserve it.”

Yep, I’m a criminal. No more stories for you guys.

I’m gonna go with Perc and RPT on this one. I know you don’t give a fuck what I think, but what you’re doing is what makes people think that teens can’t be trusted. If you’re going to brush this off, it shows how self-centered and ignorant you can be. Well, you can brush it off from me, because I already know you will, but listen to RPT.

Strawberry Sunset Screwdrivers @_@

Originally posted by Ramza
but listen to RPT.

Sweet Jesus, noooooo…

If people listened to me we’d have the entire state of New Jersey covered in couples dancing the Clarinet Polka.

Ahem…anyway, it’s not so much that you’re a criminal (I am too - we’ve all probably broken some law at some point. It’s hard not to, with all the stupid ones floating around). It’s more that you’re unrepentent for what seems like a serious transgression to some folks. And maybe that little quirk you have about tending to call points you don’t agree with bullshit or crap outright.

I think drinking is stupid, pointless, and wrong in most cases. But I’m not going to get on your case for it unless my opinion’s solicited, because you doing it really isn’t causing any trouble. I will get on your case for breaking into a vacant house and vandilism because those are things that indirectly affect me through the influence they have on society. People used to not have to lock their doors. If all people followed certain laws, they wouldn’t have to now. If we didn’t have to lock our doors, I wouldn’t’ve been stuck outside during a thunderstorm having to go to the bathroom really bad because I’d stopped for dinner with a friend and had a really big water soda after working eight hours at CVS because I’d forgotten my keys that day. Why are the doors locked? Because people don’t trust people. Why don’t people trust people? Because there are some spoilsports who can’t follow reasonable laws or respect the rights of others.

In short, I’ll think of you every time my bladder’s about to explode.

Sounds like a really retarded evening to me. And alcohol is purged from your system at about half an ounce per hour. Sobering up takes a while 8P.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
In short, I’ll think of you every time my bladder’s about to explode.

That’s so beautiful, it’s going in my sig.

…What the hell?

While drinking isn’t that bad, I can’t believe that I used to respect someone like you…all you are is scum.

People do funny things when drinking…

I’ll just say this:

I don’t see how drinking something (alcohol), no matter if you like the taste or not (I think it tastes like shit), and acting like a complete asshole can be thought of as “fun”. I agree with Perc, you should all be caught, thrown in jail for a night, and hopefully you’ll wake up with your senses again.