Wow, this is a brutal critique of Bush. I mean BRUTAL!

http://onlinejournal.com/Commentary/031004Madsen/031004madsen.html

Damn, pretty interesting isn’t it.

Comparing Bush to Hitler, wow.

This article seems to show most of Bush’sbad sides, while not showing much of his good sides, and while not trashing the media, I can say that a lot of it is opinion. Most of this article is an opinion that one person has on Bush, and this article is what he believes in. Wayne Madsen has a real bad opinion on Bush.

Hitler and Bush had also broke their own beliefs. What Hitler did was that homosexuals that supported him could have full rights, while those against him were put in the death camps with the Jews.

By the way, one last thought, don’t we here in America have freedom of speech? Radio stations have banned the Dixie Chicks’ songs, since they had spoken against Bush?

I feel a warm fuzzy glow. And Gemini, he quotes example after example, so though it is opinianted, its not entirely opinion.

I find the examples to be quite interesting. With some of them it is like, “Oh yeah, they did do that.”

Psst…JFGemini…they don’t mention the good about Bush becuase there isn’t really anything to say.

The things he says ring true. Sadly.

Never thought of it like that dances and jumps for joy on a headstone for dubya

This ain’t new. Other people have been saying the same things for ages now.

Originally posted by Ren
This ain’t new. Other people have been saying the same things for ages now.

Only they did not back it up nearly as well as this person did.

I feel sorry for Bush. He went from being the savior of America to being a dumb phony. Somehow, it doesn’t seem right. I feel sorry for phonies most of all…

But anyway, about the actual article, I think America is destined to become an empire and that “democracy” as we know is destined to be destroyed. September 11 was only the beginning of the process of the transformation from ‘republic’ to ‘empire’.

Originally posted by Curtis
But anyway, about the actual article, I think America is destined to become an empire and that “democracy” as we know is destined to be destroyed. September 11 was only the beginning of the process of the transformation from ‘republic’ to ‘empire’.

We never have been an actual “democracy”, we really are a republic no matter how much we call our selves “democratic”.

Yes, but I believe we will lose the pretext of ‘democracy’ or ‘republic’ or whatever you want to call it. We will become an empire, simple as it sounds.

Yes, but I believe we will lose the pretext of ‘democracy’ or ‘republic’ or whatever you want to call it. We will become an empire, simple as it sounds.

And all empires must fall.

Of course, all peoples or civilizations or nations or whatever are destined to eventually fade away. The same with America.

I think America is destined to become an empire and that “democracy” as we know is destined to be destroyed.
It will be if the neoconservatives have their way, but they’re not going to have it without a fight. The fact is that no one knows our future. What you’re saying might be true, but I’m sure that some intellectual sitting in Germany during the thirties might have provided similar reasoning for why Germany was “destined” to become a fascist dictatorship forever, when in reality that dictatorship lasted just ten years. Yet from his vantage point, it would have looked completely plausible.

Obviously Bush isn’t Hitler, but the neoconservatives want the same kind of imperial power, and have no problem with creating the repressive society and perpetual war that always accompany empire.

I’ve already seen people compare Bush to Hitler, just not all in one article. I HAVE seen a ‘george bush is the antichrist’ argument before, which was farfetched but offered evidence (which I do not actually believe)

http://www.geocities.com/trebor_92627/Bush.htm

Bush was never America’s savior.

NEVER.

Halliburton’s savior, maybe. Enron’s savior, possibly. But never America’s savior.

For the first 8 months of his regime – er excuse me I mean presidency – he was the Goofball in Chief. Butt of jokes everywhere. We were all having our fun teeing off on him being a not quite legitimate president and being a not quite so smart guy (we all knew, deep down, that he stole the election but we didn’t really bother to make a fuss too much because, hey, it’s not like we’re gonna need a real president. Besides, denial and sinking back into our shells of bread and circuses and playstations and reality TV is easier than taking out country back. And we don’t really need to because Bush won’t get a chance to fuck anything major up, right?)

Then 9/11 happened.

All of a sudden we realized we were in the shitter and we DID need a real president and a real leader. But we were stuck with George W. Bush. So we tried to pretend he wasn’t the boob we’d spent the last 8 months making fun of and trying to undermine.

Let me put it this way: one of my really liberal friends, the day after 9/11, was talking about trying to support the president and set aside the whole partisan thing because this was so big and scary that it was time to set aside petty squabbles and take care of the important stuff. That’s how scary the “new normal” was in the first couple days.

Turns out we couldn’t get away with having a goofball in chief. We needed one of the best presidents of all time. So the simple, logical psychological reaction is to try and pretend and delude and believe that George was or could be one of the greats, because the idea of being in a crisis with a leader unwilling/unable to lead us out of it is a DAMN FRIGHTENING proposition.

We are in a time when we need somebody like Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln or a George Washingon. We have someone like James Buchanan, Millard Fillmore or Rutherfraud B. Hayes.

People want Bush to be “the savior of America” because there’s a common sense that we need a president to be one now. But he ISN’T. And he never was. And he never will be. His only skill is giving tax breaks to his dad’s cronies and other rich people who don’t need them. He was propped up for the position and went into it with that being the only expectation of what he’d have to do for four years.

He hasn’t gone from savior to dumb phony. The American people are gradually remembering that he is and always was a dumb phony.

I wouldn’t compare him to Hitler (partly because I don’t think that should be flippantly done. Calling every badguy “a Hitler” gradually desensitizes us to the horror of the Nazi regime). He reminds me more of Kaiser Wilhelm II. Not an evil genocidal butcher, but a selfish incompetent child in a middle-aged-man’s body, equally capable of running one of the finest nations in the world into the ground.

I wouldn’t capare bush to hitler becauce i think that Hitler must have been far more inteligent than the idiotic Mr Bush.

I’ve never liked the “Bush-Hitler” comparisons, and I never will. Bush is a complete moron that wants an empire. Hitler was a hateful bastard that systematically exterminated millions of people, destroyed half of Europe, and set events into motion that have profound impacts on modern society even today.

But most of all, Bush will be forgotten in a few generations. Hitler will never be forgotten.

Originally posted by vyse the legend
I wouldn’t capare bush to hitler becauce i think that Hitler must have been far more inteligent than the idiotic Mr Bush.

Hitler was smart/clever enough to go over his 10,000 or 100,000 army limit, and get away with it. That was how WW2 Started.

All these Bush threads just end up with people calling Bush Hitler anyway, this one just got started much faster then the others.

Yeah, i think its well known that we all hate the current president, so shouldn’t we look more into say, that little election that is comming up in November rather then spewing the same old crap over and over?