Women and justice

Well that’s one way to spend the whole afternoon cleaning the puke off of my monitor.

Ah, Janet Reno. The one I used to think of if I had to stand up in front of class when I had an erection. This happened pretty often, sadly. Janet had saved me from many an embarrassment. I’m sure that Kagan would do the same if necessary.

Actually, to be serious, looking at her credentials, it was a horrible pick. Another person from New York City (would make four in all). Another Harvard/Yale law school attendee (only the outgoing Stevens didn’t attend those schools; Ginsburg graduated from Columbia after attending Harvard Law for a year). And someone with only around five years of practical legal experience. I have no problem with non-judges or academics being appointed to the SC, but I’d prefer they have more than five years of legal experience. My understanding is that the very first case she tried was last year’s Citizens United as Solicitor General.

For what Harriet Miers lacked in intellectual rigor, she made up for it, I think, in experience. Kagan is the exact opposite: a fine resume of academia devoid of real world legal experience. And they’re both ugly. Kagan should be Obama’s Miers, but that won’t happen because the Dems won’t beak rank on what is a rather unqualified nominee the same way Reps did.

Scalia’s honestly uglier, I have to say.