Winning the hearts of the world

Take notes , Bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-2793991,00.html

“take notes, bush” is right…

If only Bush had the capacity to even think of setting up such aid organizations.

Now THAT is fighting terrorism. Even though the rebels threatened to use gratuitous violence against innocents because of the american presence there the medicals stood still helping people. I wish just those rebels would not be such assess threatning people like that.

These news restored my faith in humankind for now.

Why is it if hostile civilians get fired upon during a demonstration in Iraq, the blame is on President Bush’s wayward foreign policy, but he is exempted from any credit when special forces units aid nonhostile civilians somewhere else? The last time I checked he was still the Commander in Chief of all our forces. I’m not trying to suggest that he ordered those troops to help that kid with the pox, but it’s not as if he ordered troops to fire upon Iraqi civilians either.

Yay, someone doesn’t get my point. As usual. Waging war to solve issues doesn’t help in the end. Its with the introduction of services right in the middle of the populace that you start to make people think you’re watching their backs. The Iraqis certainly don’t believe that, for a variety of reasons. Essentially, the administration dropped the ball after they blasted their way through Iraq. If the admin wanted to look good and really show that it meant to get rid of bad undemocratic governments, it’d be helping out Africa A LOT more, for example. We all know why the emphasis is on a few key countries.

Originally posted by Merlin
I’m not trying to suggest that he ordered those troops to help that kid with the pox, but it’s not as if he ordered troops to fire upon Iraqi civilians either.

All the civilians who were shot were so for the safety of american soldiers. It’s the bombing that should be taken as evil thing. And since a lot of evil things happened and Bush was the chief who said what could be done and what couldn’t, he’s the one to blame.

As for Colombia, I think it’s from some treaty that reaches back to Clinton times (now THOSE were good times), so it’s not something made by Bush so he gets no credit.

edit: Sin said it all. 100% agreed.

So you’re saying Bush should become a doctor and go to Columbia to give kids with chickenpox medicine? Knowing how “stupid” Bush is for only Cing through Harvard, do you really expect him to get a doctorate? NOW how is being stupid?

j/k

Didn’t Bush fall over on a Segway? Aren’t those things impossible to tip over?

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
If only Bush had the capacity to even think of setting up such aid organizations.
my post was more in response to that comment than yours Sin, I knew what you were getting at and it had some merit to it.

Doh. facepalm

And Wiz: I think the “build schools , not bombs” panels I’ve seen protesters waving around did the trick. Punishing people doesn’t teach them and make em believe what’s right. It teaches 'em not to be caught doing something other people call wrong. Humanitarian services are the key to the middle east.

Originally posted by Merlin
Why is it if hostile civilians get fired upon during a demonstration in Iraq, the blame is on President Bush’s wayward foreign policy, but he is exempted from any credit when special forces units aid nonhostile civilians somewhere else? The last time I checked he was still the Commander in Chief of all our forces. I’m not trying to suggest that he ordered those troops to help that kid with the pox, but it’s not as if he ordered troops to fire upon Iraqi civilians either.

Because he shouldn’t have started the war in the first place.

I blame Bush for the undetonated cluster bomblets that exploded in the hands of children and civilians , maiming, if not killing them. Quite different from soldiers and self defense.

Originally posted by Sinistral
[b]Doh. facepalm

And Wiz: I think the “build schools , not bombs” panels I’ve seen protesters waving around did the trick. Punishing people doesn’t teach them and make em believe what’s right. It teaches 'em not to be caught doing something other people call wrong. Humanitarian services are the key to the middle east. [/b]

I agree 100% Sin. If you get caught, you will always just try harder to not get caught next time.

Except replace “Humanitarian services” with “U.S. controlled psydo-governments” j/k