Wild Arms 3

I had a copy of ToDII and I didn’t really like it, mainly because I don’t like that button mashing shit they call a battle system :\

I can see how some like it, it’s a lot more interactive than traditional RPG battle systems, but it gets too cluttered for my tastes. The game also looked like SO2, which is a plus because while I didn’t really like that game either, the game had awesome backgrounds and settings.

I’m trying to play SO2 right now, and I don’t really like the battle system at all, mostly for the way that enemies and your char have to line up exactly when they’re attacking, leading to lots of running-around-each-other-like-morons when it fails. ToE kept it 2D, which is why it works. Plus I always played Manually rather than let the Auto control my movements, which gets rid of a lot of the button-mashing you mentioned.

The Good: Very interesting graphical style. A curious blend of polygons and cell shading.l

Great spahgetti western music, the opening song is one of my favorite game/anime tracks.

Fun battle system

Interesting Characters-'cept for jet who is the “atypical anime badass loner”

Great script
Interesting Plot

The Bad-
I couldnt keep on it for more than a half hour at a time.

The puzzles are frustrating as all hell, especially in the last castle. It’s a good thing I outgrew my throwing hte controllers, otherwise I would’ve gone through several.

The Ugly
That god damn millenium puzzle! Why the hell is the accept button the same as the dash button?

The save system is messed up as well. You can save anywhere, provided you have Gimel Coin. If you have none, well… your SOL.

The Ex Missions are a bitch, and the rewards, well nice, just arent worth the trouble.

And yeah, the Idea of renting an RPG is silly.

The save system sounds kind of like the Typewriters and Ribbons from a Resident Evil game. How often do you get them? I’m thinking of lending it now but if it’s stupidly hard/annoying to find a save I might not bother.

well, theyre pretty abundant, but if you’re one who saves rather compulsively, like I am, then you can find yourself in some trouble.

I don’t think renting an RPG is that silly, i mean thanks to memory cards you can play it for two weeks to see if you like it, and then buy it if you wanna finish it and start back right where you left off.