Why are we always left out?

Take a look at this screen-cap from a Futurama episode, and tell me what’s missing…

Newfoundland! That’s what. Futurama isn’t the only thing that leaves us out. On David Letterman, there’s no Newfoundland on that map of lights he has. There’s many others, that I could dig up if I had the time and felt like it >_>

Anyway, that’s just a little thing that peeves me off, when a globe or map of the world or something is used in some mainstream popculture thing, and other smaller islands get depicted, but we get left out.

Futurama could pull off the “Newfoundland is underwater now!” ploy. But Letterman… well he has some more explaining to do. :ah-ha!:

However, I live in the continental U.S., so I don’t quite know what you’re feeling. >.> gives Spoony a cookie anyway

Newfoundland? More like NewLOSTland… Ha ha ha ha… Yeech… Does the David Letterman collar pull thing

And Nessa, it would be pretty cool to see a globe of the world and Oklahoma be missing or something.

It’s a friggen cartoon, who cares…:noway:

If it were isolated to Futurama, I wouldn’t care Exo. But I see this a LOT, it only seems to be stuff that comes from the US.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
If it were isolated to Futurama, I wouldn’t care Exo. But I see this a LOT, it only seems to be stuff that comes from the US.

Meh not my problem, nor anyone else on the boards :-\

That’s because Newfoundland have a stupid name. We won’t recognize you as a land mass until you change the name.

Yes, but that can be said of 90% of posts. I don’t see you badmouthing them.

-sets off to find Newfoundland once and for all-

That’s not omission, it’s wish-fulfillment fantasy.

Although to be honest, I do have one use for Newfoundland: So that Cape Breton has a place to secede to.

Yeah, that’s the ticket. Get someone with a great big boat to tow Cape Breton up to Newfoundland, and everybody wins.

*Cape Breton gets away from Nova Scotia, so they stop bitching about how everybody only cares about Halifax
*Newfoundland gets more land mass
*Newfoundland and CB accents are interintelligible
*Nova Scotia’s average employment rate shoots up by 60-75% overnight

On the other hand, CB does sort of belong with Nova Scotia; Cape Bretoners have the Nova Scotian drinking habit.

Ah, sigh. I miss living in Halifax.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
Yes, but that can be said of 90% of posts. I don’t see you badmouthing them.

Yeah, usually thats me badmouthing them. Meh, it’s no surprise New Found Land is missing. After last time I was in the states about 20 Americans asked me if it was snowing in Canada and if it wasn’t was our national igloo melting? And they didn’t seem to be kidding.

And guys, when Ori says that about Americans, HE’S NOT KIDDING.

Look at the bright side, spoons; at least you’re part of so many newfie jokes, so Newfoundland is found in some places.

Amazing, they remembered Iceland. It’s placed a bit wrong though, to the degree that it’s likely to assume they’ve done the same with Newfoundland and integrated it into the Canadian mainland somewhere.

Wait, so are you saying your national igloo ISN’T melting? Oh man… Where has all that foreign aid from yours truly been going to?

Originally posted by Martin Jigmar
*Cape Breton gets away from Nova Scotia, so they stop bitching about how everybody only cares about Halifax

Well it’s not like they can escape the truth:yipee:

And at least they remembered Labrador! /end of brilliant, witty sarcastic comment

Good thing no one ever leaves out Vancouver.

I’ll tell you what else is wrong. Quebec is 10 times the size of Ontario!

Newfoundland? A new country! And nobody knows it! It must be a sekkrit~! :eek: Spoony is living in an invisible country! It must be a con…a cons…A CONSPILLEPALLLIMENATTOOOO!!! runz

Guh, of COURSE Newfoundland is missing. Duh. Its whole gimmick is the FOUND thing. Once it’s found, bam, no more novelty. So obviously people lose it on purpose so it can be found again, making things interesting. Like hiding the remote under your pillow to drive your husband insane…

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Guh, of COURSE Newfoundland is missing. Duh. Its whole gimmick is the FOUND thing. Once it’s found, bam, no more novelty. So obviously people lose it on purpose so it can be found again, making things interesting. Like hiding the remote under your pillow to drive your husband insane…

I feel dirty saying this, but … X has a point.