Who knew Chrono Trigger was so complicated

I wish the CT/CC discussion was still around cuz this kinda stuff would have fit in perfectly. I knew the storylines were bizarre and extremely complex, but all the other things I missed regarding Magus is crazy.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/viewstory.php?t=113

These people have a lot of time on their hands. I give them much respect. Blue hair dye? Heehee.

I wont even go into the FATE/Chronopolis articles I read. I have to read it over a lot more to catch a lot of its content. And here I was thinknig I understood what was going on in Cross.

it’s amazing what a boring afternoon can accomplish.

EDIT: I also remember saying recently that CC’s characters were all much too flat and uninteresting. I should dig up more links explaning each and every character’s purpose.

Norris was actually the one who saved Kid from poisoning?Huh

Some of the older Cross characters participated in Porre’s overtaking of Guardia? Wow.

Like i said I can’t believe I missed so much after playing both games. That page linking to a discussion of Magus is just an example.

And ho hum, looks like a Chrono Break wont be around for awhile, if at all.

The blue hair dye has been mentioned quite a bit and it actually does make sense IMO.

The CC Shrine hosts a story FAQ that has all the crazy stuff you’d ever need. :sunglasses:

The Chrono Compendium offered to affiliate with the FFC, but I told them to wait until they got some actual content. ^^; Let’s see how long it takes.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
[b]The blue hair dye has been mentioned quite a bit and it actually does make sense IMO.

The CC Shrine hosts a story FAQ that has all the crazy stuff you’d ever need. :sunglasses:

The Chrono Compendium offered to affiliate with the FFC, but I told them to wait until they got some actual content. ^^; Let’s see how long it takes. [/b]

I like the dark magic theory over the plastic surgery, dye and contacts theory, myself ^_~

And yeah I thought of your site instantly when I got directed there. That would be interesting.

EDIT: THe story guide thingy is a lot more readable than the one I read at GameFAQs, thankfully o.O

The Chrono games rock for exactly this reason.:mwahaha:

All that gave me a headache. Magus is cool, but Kefka doesn’t have a background story so complex it gives you headaches. Long live Kefka.

I’ve seen pages with far more contents. I didn’t find about the meanings of the names in CT in this one, for example.

Remember that trio of lackies under Magus command, Ozzie, Slash and Flea? Ozzie is from Ozzie osbourne, Slash is for the guy from Guns’N Roses, and Flea was named after the bassist from RHCP.

Originally posted by Nulani
All that gave me a headache. Magus is cool, but Kefka doesn’t have a background story so complex it gives you headaches. Long live Kefka.

Magus is just more badass. :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s why he’s my avatar.

Originally posted by Nulani

I wrote a cool story about Kefka’s background story once. At least, I remember it being cool - I wrote it a long time ago though. Maybe it’s pretty dumb. I dunno.

Oh, I didn’t look at the link. I’m just getting a…

FREEPOST!!! lolz

Seriously though, I’d be surprised if the Chrono games DIDN’T have a crazy plot beneath them - even though Square is kinda big on throwing all their themes right OUT there, in a sort of blunt, non-artistic way, it’s still really cool. And they’re fucking video games, man, who said they had to be artistic? Though some (like Lufia 2, and Soul Blazer) actually do have the touch of the Art in them, and that’s kinda why Square RPGs aren’t really my FAVORITE favorites. But that’s neither here nor there.

-Mazrim Taim

Originally posted by Ren
[b]I’ve seen pages with far more contents. I didn’t find about the meanings of the names in CT in this one, for example.

Remember that trio of lackies under Magus command, Ozzie, Slash and Flea? Ozzie is from Ozzie osbourne, Slash is for the guy from Guns’N Roses, and Flea was named after the bassist from RHCP. [/b]

Yeah my boyfriend told me that last part. Silly, and I really don’t believe it. And yeah I wouldn’t have known Flea is a guy if it wasn’t for the in-battle details depicting the monster’s gender (yes, I do miss a lot ahem it’s been awhile since I played)

To further complicate things, give Radical Dreamers a playthrough. 8)

No thanks, the most recent timeline I read through consisted of Radical Dreams, CT and CC. =D So much to take in.

I made that connection with the band members and the lacky names a long time ago, but I don’t think that’s who they’re named after.

There’s a good chance that Ozzie, Flea and Slash are referencing the trio, though. Square has a history of referencing popular culture (the “I’m fixin a hole” guy in Besaid, the 3 Stooges in FF6, etc.)

Does the “real” Flea have a history of crossdressing?

I think its pretty obvious that they are referencing those three band members.

Other than that… uh… yeah- guess what guys:

Chrono Trigger isn’t that deep or weird. Magus has blue hair for the same reason that many video game characters have weird colored hair: because it looks cool. Jeez. Look at CHRONO’S hair- nobody’s hair is that shade of orange. X_X

Well it’s deep in the sense that you miss a lot of shit. There’s a whole history of Guardia falling to Porre and who was present and whatnot that was hardly even explained in the games. little things here and there fit together and make one giant story, and it is, a big story to tell. I would have said the same thing as you if I wasn’t looking for Chrono history yesterday. There’s much in the game unspoken and hidden if you aren’t looking for it.

And well, yes Magus has blue hair cuz he was created that way :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s interesting how people can come up with logical reasons and backgrounds to such a simple minor detail in a game.

CC: The question wasn’t about Magus, it was about Schala.

Chrono Cross In CT Schala had blue hair, but in CC she was shown with blond hair. It’s not because CC is any less anime-style (Serge has blue hair). So the hair dye thing makes sense.

As for the musician thing, note that none of the three names are anywhere near the original Japanese names (which were Vinegar, Soysauce, and Mayonnaise). They were a creation of the translation team. So I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say they were named after the rock icons.