Which up=coming FPS(First Person Shooter) are you looking most forward too?

Topic

PD ZERO! damn you buying out rare microsoft >_<

I’ll need to see more info on PDZ untill I start hypin’ it.

StarCraft Ghost is an FPS right?

StarCraft: Ghost ISN’T a FPS.
It’s in 3rd person.

Then Halo 2.

Half Life 2…

There really shouldn’t even be any other options.

Half Life 2.

Why does everyone one act like Half-Life 2 will be the 2nd coming of Christ of FPSers?

PS: I’m not Christian!

Allow me to explain.

Nobody expected the original coming of christ, Jesus. He came, he swept, he performed miracles, he sacraficed himself for our sins (or something, I’m not christian either.)

Nobody expected Half Life to be the monstrous FPS god that it turned out to be, but it did. It came, it dominated, it performed miracles with the Quake II engine and pioneered wire frame character models. Now, it must sacrafice itself for the next coming of christ, Half Life 2.

Make sense?

Another great thing about Half life was the absolutely <b>beautiful</b> mods that it spawned.
Sure, there were a lot of crappy ones, but the big three really made Half-Life popular
(Big three: Counter-Strike, Firearms, Natural Selection)

I admit Half-Life was an amazing FPS, but I just don’t think it was THAT great.

Just because you don’t think it was great doesn’t mean that it actually wasn’t - which it truley was. Half Life revolutionized First Person games forever.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Half Life revolutionized First Person games forever.

In what way did it revolutionize?
What new things did it bring to the table?

And where did I say I didn;t like HL?
Nowhere. Thats where.

It was extremely versatile on and offline, especially with the openness of what you could do with it.
It allowed you to not only play the game that was given to you, but make a new one of your own. Max Payne followed suit, and I’m pretty sure a lot of other games did. (Yeah, you could point out Quake 2 having mods as well, but Half-Life was a more popular and long-living example)
Which brings me to another point. Look at how long Half-Life has stayed very popular, nearly 5 years after it’s creation in 1998. Not to mention the ‘innovative AI’

HL still rocks the candle… ehm cradle

Half Life popularized the game modification and turned it into something popular and profitable. Look at Counter-Strike, that originated as something some guy did in his basement in his free time, and now it’s the most popular online game of all time.

Half Life was the first game to use wire-frame models. Half Life’s story telling mechanics were startlingly orginal, despite being somewhat obvious in their technique.

And where did I say that you didn’t like Half Life?
Nowhere. That’s where. Don’t put words in my mouth, and don’t get an attitude.

[b]Half Life 2…

There really shouldn’t even be any other options. [/b]

Just because you don’t think it was great doesn’t mean that it actually wasn’t - which it truley was. Half Life revolutionized First Person games forever.

There. Proved you wrong.
Now say your sorry.

Why should I say that I’m sorry? You’re making yourself look like a fool - where in that phrase do I say that you didn’t like Half Life? No where. I said, and I quote:

Just because you don’t think it was great doesn’t mean that it actually wasn’t - which it truley was.

The above phrase was in response to you saying:

I admit Half-Life was an amazing FPS, but I just don’t think it was THAT great.

You yourself said that you thought Half Life was an amazing FPS, just not all that great. In response, I said the above, which perfectly fits with what you said, because, and I’ll repeat myself, Just because you don’t think it was great, doesn’t mean that it actually wasn’t.

Christ this is retarded. Stop being such a nitpicky little shit.