Which summer movie so far has been the best?

Shrek 2? Harry Potter 3? Spider-Man 2? Or another one?
My favorite so far has been Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Askaban. Not only because I like HP, but because I was impressed by the story. Very well done!

I haven’t seen Shrek 2, so I’ll probably go with Spidey-2. Harry Potter wasn’t as good as it could’ve been.

Some people haven’t seen all three > _ < but I wish I could see them now. Have only seen hp3, it was pretty decent actually, better then 1 and 2 IMO. Good idea for a thread though :cool:

Uh, Zatoichi. But I’ve seen that and Van Helsing, which isn’t, technically, a summer movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

ASpiderman2 is by far the best!

I’ve seen all three.
HP got the best story
Shrek was the funniest.
Spiderman was the best overall. =P

Spiderman 2. Troy was a let down. Havent seen the other ones, but i’m in no hurry to. Anchorman is gonna own too.

Spider-man 2!

Fahrenheit 9/11

I’d have to agree with Walhalla, Zatoichi is probably the best movie I’ve seen in the last few months.

I was surprised at how good “The Day After Tomorrow” really was. It’s a great flick, so that gets a nomination from me.

Farenheit 9/11 was good.

Spiderman 2 was great.

Never saw Shrek 2.

I thought Troy was great, I loved the fight scenes.

And Harry Potter 3 was a big dissapointment. They cut so much out of the book that it’s almost kinda-sorta related.

Anyway, yeah.

I’ve only seen Shrek 2. I want to see Zatoichi and Spiderman 2. They both look good.

Zatoichi? never heard of that one,could you tell me what is it about?

And about the topic since i rarely go to the movies i haven’t seen none of those.

I assume no one here has seen Dodgeball? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s EASILY the funniest new movie I’ve seen in years. You’d all do well to go see it.

No, I haven’t seen Dodgeball, but I want too.

I’m trying to get a hold of “Badder Santa”, which is also supposed to be a funny ass movie.

I don’t often go to the movies, not because I don’t enjoy going (I do) but because I don’t like going by myself, and most of my friends and loved ones have been too busy lately. But, of the ones I’ve seen:

-The Day After Tomorrow was surprisingly good. While I don’t believe the premise for one second, the SFX were GREAT, and I actually cared for the characters, even the ones who were shown briefly (like the couple making out in the LA building.) Not bad.

-Wanted to see Van Helsing and Hellboy, but didn’t get the chance. Ditto Troy. Oh well, I’ll wait for the DVD. They should be out soon enough. (And man, isn’t movie piracy getting ridiculously sucessful? They’re even keeping tabs on the most illegally downloaded movies in E! News!!)

-Shrek 2 was even better than the first. Highly recommended.

-HP 3 was indeed kind of disappointing.

-I’m definitely going to see Spider-Man 2 and I expect it to be really good as well.

I was also going to see Around the World in 80 Days but that one bombed faster than you can say Gigli. I may or may not see Catwoman, not sure yet. One movie later this year I WILL not miss is Pixar’s latest CGI movie, The Incredibles, about a family of superheroes. I expect it to be very good both in story and visually, like all Pixar movies.

Here is a link to info on “The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi” from cinema-montreal.com
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi

I have to say I also enjoyed “The day after tomorrow”, and believe it or not their doomsday scenario isn’t as far-fetched as it might seem. I took a class on sustainable development last semester and the course covered several climate change models. One of the ones we looked at was how the melting of the ice sheet would dump a large amount of fresh water into the Atlantic current and might disrupt the north Atlantic climate in such a was as to possibly bring about another ice age. Alright, I’ll be the first the admit that they did speed up the process by a few hundred years and those giant storms weren’t part of the original model, but they did at least bother to do their research…

i’ve seen a couple of summer movies lately.

shrek 2 i thought was excellent. it’s better than the first one and it’s hilarious. :hahaha;

the day after tomorrow was good. it had spectacular effects but i was kinda disappointed with the film overall.

van helsing had a class story-line and i thought the film was well put together.

they were the best movies i’ve seen lately.
now bring on spiderman 2…

I’m inventing a movie called Group X: The MOvie

Get it? x the movie.

Yeah, Will, the premise is actually a real theory as to future effects of global warming.