What's a good Gameboy emulator?

I don’t think I’m violating any rules here…I’m not requesting for you to link me to one, I just need to know the name of one. I’ll find it myself. I’ve already tried Hello GB and this one I cant remember the name of.

A good GBA emulator is called Virtual Boy.

no emu threads.

No, emulators and ROMs are different. Thread reopened.

I never liked Virtual Boy really… I used Rew for my Gameboy emulation. It’s actually really pretty nice.

Do you mean Visual Boy? Virtual Boy is that red and black thing that sold like 10 consoles. :stuck_out_tongue:

Visual Boy is good for GB, GBC and GBA, it supports Gameshark and some other codes I don’t remember now, it has an instant save feature with a good amount of slots, the sound is great and the image can be adjusted for better quality.

My friend had a Virtual Boy. Those things gave you head aches if you played them for more than 20 minutes!

VisualBoy Advance is a good emulator, it supports both GB, ans GBA games.

I’ll also recommend Visual Boy Advance. It’s great even for shrining. Sound can be sketchy on some GBA games, though, for me, at least.

http://vboy.emuhq.com/

REW Or HGB for GB & GBC emulation.

VisualBoyAdvance is the best for me, even though GBA games run way too slowly on a 400 MHz comp. It’s still usable though. :sunglasses:

I’m with Cid, but I have a 1.7 Ghz computer so I don’t really have any problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

Er, yeah that’s what I meant Flint =P. I remember the Virtual Boy… what a disaster.

Virtual Boy wasn’t bad… other than the fact you went blind trying to play it!

If you don’t like Visual Boy Advance, you can use BGB if you’re looking to emulate at least Game Boy color, and if you only want to do Game Boy, you can use Rew. All three are really nice.

I tried Visual Boy…it wouldn’;t work for me. I’ll check out a few others.

EDIT:Rew works for me perfectly. Many thanks. :slight_smile:

Man, I dont remember stores selling any games for virtual boy other than the one that came with it.