What would you liked Sequeled

As we all know. FF7 has been sequeled several times (with possibly more to come) . FFX/10 had X-2 and FF12 had FF12RW for DS. (and supposingly theres a sequel for FF4 on mobile but i ain’t seen it)

But i’m just wondering what other final fantasys people would like to see a sequel too and why (Just for the sake of interest and to keep the forum moving)

I’d like to see FF8 sequeled (oddly enough). Asfar as i see, there’s potensial for a prequel (laguna’s story) or maybe a sequel with any possible after effects of the compression perhaps?

what do you people out there think?

this is my first post…so…woo hoo…

anyways, a sequel…ahhh…idk, ff8 would be good for a sequel…i just dont know what kinda story there would be…i mean everything seemed to fit together in the end, maybe ff8 should be left where it ended…idk…maybe they shouldnt make sequels and just continue the main series…but hey, im open for anything

I don;t want to see sequels. I would, however, be interested in prequels.

Several games feature mention and allusions to fantastic events that happened long before the game itself, that I think could be really interesting to learn about. The War of the Magi from FFVI, for example. We know so little about that war - it set the world back 1000 years, drove the Mage Warriors into seclusion at the end, and that one flashback involving Odin is pretty much all we know. What were the inciting incidents? Who were the heroes of each side? How did it actually come to a conclusion? This is what I want to know.

In a similar vein, FFV. We know about the spirits of the warriors sealed inside the crystals, that the light warriors call upon. But who were they? Where did the twelve weapons come from? How did Enuo begin his war to return the world to nothingness? I want to know!

Of course, any idea that I come up with would be a million times better than what they present, I jsut know it, so that’s the sort of thing best left to fanfiction… bad as most of it is.

First of all: welcome, Vegnagun! :moogle:

As for sequels, I’ve always believed that the whole point of having a game titled “Final Fantasy” is that it should showcase the ultimate adventure set in that particular universe. Afterwards, it should be Happily Ever After for those characters, roll out the next completely-original game now please.

THAT said, not all FFs meet that standard; many have left questions that I’d like to see resolved.

Now, alternate or new versions of each game- as is being done with the DS adaptations- are perfectly OK with me. Can’t wait for FFVI to get the FFIV DS treatment.
:mwahaha:

thanks for the welcome, and to what you said, your right about that…the games are supposed to have happy ends, but sometimes they leave some stuff un-answered…i think when they make those games, they sorta leave some stuff for the player to use their imagination…which is cool, so yea, they should just continue on with the series…we could have been past ff13 already if they didnt make a bunch of spin offs…but who knows…

and ff6 made for ds? i didnt know about that…too bad i dont have a ds, it would be cool to see those characters in 3d, i have had ff6 since 2003, and it was only a few weeks ago that i finally played it, it was great!

I concur with VE, I’d love to see some prequels. A game centering around the Machina wars in FFX or the cetra’s battle with Jenova in FFVII would be awesome.

Personally I don’t want to see any sequels. After all the sequels/prequels they did for FF7, I am sick and tired of them. I want them to move on and do something new.
But hey that’s just me.

I want them to start a new series. Plain and simple.

Metal Arms: A Glitch In The System
This game needs a sequel more than any other game in the world. This game was the greatest sleeper hit ever, and a sequel would be SO. COOL. They even leave a scene at the end of the game where Dr. Exavolt escapes the destroyed space station and shakes his fist while zooming away in the escape pod, shouting… “You’ll never catch me, you rut-busted rejects!” or something of the sort.

boltgunmetal. we talking about the final fantasy series. but a good idea all the same.

Oh yeah, so sorry. I only saw the “What would you like Sequeled?”…

fair enough. but a good idea all the same

The whole prequel idea sounds pretty good since a lot of the FF games have some background story that for the most part, is pretty well unanswered.

What games should have a prequel though? You could do FF3 (instead of the light warriors, you got the dark warriors!), FF5 with the Dawn Warriors, and the list goes on…though I would like to see more about the War of the Magi.

I’d rather see a sequel to Phantasy Star 4 than any FF game (and don’t get me wrong I’d rather leave the PS series dead and buried rather than forcing some horribly ill-conceived sequel on the masses). Though I might be a little more forgiving if their next [STRIKE]victim[/STRIKE] game isn’t nearly entirely retconned into obscurity, or at least doesn’t have it’s characters/ending/both cheapen or completely devalued.