What was your first anime?

That’s when you sneak around at night, handing out old videotapes of various classics.

Just wait a month and dress in red and you’ll be fine. :wink:

Fixed (on account that nobody has a fully functional VCR anymore).

I do. I use it to watch old Disney movies.

My mom used to show me these old animes of Japanese folk tales—Momotaro, the Crane Wife, and the like. I don’t know who produced them, however.

The first one made way back in the 70’s I think. Great anime I remember watching anime on the Sci Fi channel way back before they took it off, anything that’s cool must be removed from TV I suppose.

Umm… it came out in 1985, and you say “of course” as if it’s automatically the first one everyone has seen.

1. That was kind of the point.

2. I have a fully functional VCR. >_>

I remember watching Hunter X Hunter it was my first anime and after watching it I got addicted with anime already

For me, my first anime was no doubt the original Pokemon series (Indigo league) and yes… i did get the occasional glimpse of Sailor Moon as it was right before Pokemon in the mornings on Cheez TV (which no longer airs… but was the best kids show on Earth).

I also have a fully functional VCR.

The first one I ever watched was sailor moon & Dragonball Z.

Berserk

My first anime was Death Note.

Mine was Dragonball Z, started watching it when i was 6. Man i loved that show

I can’t recall exactly when I started watching various series, but Sailor moon was probably my first series. Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Digimon, and Pokemon were the only ones I really got into as a child, and I stopped watching sailormoon not long after that pink haired brat showed up. I probably would have gotten more into anime as a child if I could be bothered to actually wake up early enough to watch the saturday morning cartoons on a regular basis.

The first subtitled works I watched were Papuwa island and Planetes, back when I was still grabbing my anime from the rpgc fserv as my only source of the stuff. I should find someplace to watch the rest of Papuwa, that shit was trippy.

I’m thinking it was either Sailor Moon or Dragonball, or Samurai Pizza Cats; it was so long ago I can barely remember. Of course, being no older than 8, I had no idea any of it came from Japan.

I was into Dragonball Z growing up, but otherwise it was high school and series like Outlaw Star and Saber Marionette J that really got me started on it.

I think Pokémon and Digimon is my first anime I’ve watched. I start watching when I was a little kid.

That’s why it puzzles me when someone who loves anime, doesn’t like J-games (JRPGs, Fighters, etc) or vice versa. It sounds weird, but they are out there.

For my first anime I’d say Dinosaur War Aizenborg or maybe UFO Robot Grendizer.
I rewatched them recently and they gave me the greatest nostalgic feeling ever.

Not totally sure. Somewhere between Voltron, DBZ, and Sailor Moon. Honesty, I have no clue.