What makes a life fulfilled?

Sorry if the wording is awkward. But I am curious to see the responses, (if there are any) because naturally, the answer is subjective and varies from person to person, but is there a general starting place? a certain feeling when you know that your life is fulfilled? I have been toying with this question today and wanted to get a couple of different takes on it.

If I were to boil down my philosophy on this to its simplest form, it would be this: be happy and make others happy. It goes into it more than just that, with conditions and such, but that’s it basically. Everything else is just window dressing.

Determining whether or not I truly am the butterfly.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=28861

XD

Life foam. That shit takes up space like nobody’s business

You could probably tinker with your chemicals until you produced a state that made you feel right. It’s a totally subjective thing in a non-biological sense. A sociopath would have different preconditions for reaching fulfillment than a monk. At least, most types of monks. Some of them are all funny. I don’t think there’s such a thing as a continual state of fulfillment. More of a point of view you do (and should) fall in and out of according to circumstances. Otherwise, stagnation. Very Bilbo Baggins-ish view of life, I think. “I want to see mountains again.”

REVENGE!

(Actually, what Cav said is pretty accurate. :P)

Um, if you do what you think will make your life fulfilled :stuck_out_tongue:

see thats the problem…my life seems to be falling apart so much as it is. that i realize that i havent lived a fulfilled life for a long time, it has disintegrated through experiences. And now, i am trying to rebuild it. but there are many outside factors, and i am trying to design a framework for the reconstruction of my life.

Seriously dude, we can’t help you there. You have to personally pick out and do things that you feel is worth your time here on earth. And if you still don’t know what it is, go look for it.

I know. i am simply gathering data from many sources. Then I shall ponder and sift through the ideas into the ideal framework for reconstruction.

Of all the messageboards about psychology on the Internet, I never cease to be amazed at the people who wander in here seeking help with life. From some of the people HERE no less.

Well, it is not without disgression naturally, simply a method of getting many opinions, eventually, you come across a good one that you might not have thought of.

I can see that, though, I’m not really more successful at life than you are. My suggestion:

Don’t create a master plan or framework. Get yourself a definite, real goal. Fulfill that goal. And then, get another goal. And keep going like that until you feel better.

Hedonism.

Well, that is good advice. I’ll think about it.

One’s life is fulfilled when they get laid the first time. After that, they’re just sorta there.

Death.

Time and time again through political and philosophical debates, the caretakers of RPGC have demonstrated their deep wisdom and ceaseless dedication to the life of the mind. Now quite complaining and get your ass back to the Female Ejaculation thread.