What is the Meaning of Life?

Hmm?

To attain Happiness, which is done differently by different people. Some want love, some want fame, some want power, etc. so I guess it’s “All of the Above.”

IIRC there was also a long thread about that a few months ago.

To make life better for others.

The first step in this is, of course, the acceptance of naked lesbian twins as a natural coupling to be encourgaged.

Ooo! I’m sorry, but the correct answer is 42!

But then again… Having 42 sets of really hot naked lesbian twins in a massive 85 way within an equally massive pool filled with gelatinous goo (not completely filled mind you, just enough to cover 85 people with a little bit left over to serve breakfast lunch and dinner for the next couple of days), and preferably without any fatal STDs being passed around either (although by that point it wouldn’t really matter since even if you do manage to live through that there wouldn’t really be anything greater left to achieve except to tell your tale or to go for a second attempt) would in my opinion would be an acceptable compromise to fulfilling the ultimate answer to the questions of life, the universe, and everything.

Dying.

Naked lesbian twins.

How interesting: I just had a long discussion on Frankl’s “Man’s Search for Meaning.”

Live each day to the fullest, for tomorrow you die, as a result of the earth’s destruction by Volgons. AKA 42.

I believe it’s survival and just to live. I don’t really care, it’s pointless to argue about it. All I care about is to enjoy life, even when it’s hard to, and protect everything that has meaning in my life. Life’s annoying most of the time, so it takes strength to live through it. It’s harder to live than to die.

What’s taking The 984 so long to edit this poll?

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich justice of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.

Vogons, you infidel! Let’s sample an eclectic taste of Vogon poetry:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don’t!

In my opinion The attaining of physical wealth/power

I can’t believe I forgot 42 in my original poll. Thank you, to whomever edited it.

For what purpose? The physical part I mean. To control? To destroy? I mean just to have it for no reason seems pointless.

You also forgot making yourself happy, GAP.

You jerk. :frowning:

“Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.”

Thank goodness 42 had been put in by the time I got here. I was clutching my towel with anxiety.

An improptu translation from the epic of Gilgamesh:

You, Gilgamesh, fill your belly.
Revel all day and all night long,
A feast of joy make each day,
All day and all night long dance and play.
Have clean clothes,
A clean head, take water and bathe.
Show tenderness to the young’un held by your hand,
Let your woman enjoy your hug.
This is the mission of men.

And a couple of verses later he bolts off seeking immortality :stuck_out_tongue:

The meaning of life is just to experience it…