What is the greatest Japanese anime series for you?

I love anime so I want to ask you what the best anime is for you…

Trigun, Wolf’s Rain, Cowboy Bebop.

The greatest for me would be Pokemon (First Season)

However, others I like include Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Zoids Chaotic Century, Dragonball (series) and Claymore! There are probably more that just can’t think of right now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Favourites? I’m gonna go with Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, and well, although I’m not particularly interested in it anymore, Saber Marionette J was the series that got me into anime in the first place, so it kinda has to be included.

Hmm… Some of my favorites have already been mentioned. Slayers, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Other than those, I really like Twelve Kingdoms, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Black Lagoon, Escaflowne… Well. A lot of anime.

Martian Successor Nadesico.

Nothing gets even remotely close to One Piece.

The new Berserk anime is going to shatter absolutely everything. The manga is the greatest piece of artwork ever to grace the planet

Sorry but “Japanese anime” seems redundant to me. Isn’t it only anime if it’s from Japan?

And so I don’t look like too much of a jerk, FLCL is probably my favourite anime series, although Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty cool too. Especially due to the tokusatsu influence.

It’s not like the old Berserk Anime was bad in anyway. They just… stopped producing it because it was too mature to be aired during the day. It was bad ass enough to make me start reading manga.

I am unconditional Gundam franchise devotee, and I liked MSG 00 in particular – cried like a baby when Lockon got killed.

I have liked quite a few but I’m going to go with Princess Tutu today. Its premise seems absolutely ridiculous. It’s about a duck who wears a magical pendant in order to turn into a girl and in order to turn into Princess Tutu. She wants to find all the pieces of her prince’s emotions. So she starts by giving him loneliness, sadness, and fear. Go Princess Tutu!
Since it’s magical girl I was expecting a comedy about peace and love and all that other silliness magical girl animes preach. But then I watched the second half of the series. It was quite well done.

Not if your Wilfredo Martinez

Mine are Azumanga Daioh, Slayers, FMA, Elfen Lied and Sailormoon

Or from Japan. They call ANYTHING animated “Anime”. Even OUR stuff. :wink:

As for best show? Rats, that would take some thinking… let’s say Mazinger Z (since it was the first Japanese anime I was a big fan of) for now.

I haven’t watched anime in a long time, but my favorite has to be my first: Record of Lodoss War.

DR, just out of curiosity what did you like about Azumanga Daioh? I watched that in amine club in college and I thought it was boring.

I get how you would think it was boring. I just liked the chemistry between the group and their individual personalities. I loved the style of humour. The slow, reflective moments carried an air of sentimentality.

And Osaka.

You know why? It’s because that’s what they call animation. Calling all animation anime is like calling beef beouf. Even calling Japanese animation anime is a little pretentious.

Double O Gundam was actually pretty good right up until the second season, then its “Hi. I’m Lockon’s identical twin brother. Care to throw me into both his Gundam and his relationships?”, and “Wait, that chick who got her life shat upon is suddenly an enemy ace, except terrible? WTF?”, and also “MUSTA BUSHIDO!!! LOLOLOLOL”

Death Note. Death Note is just pure epicness :stuck_out_tongue: