What games are you delaying your completedness on?

See, when I buy a game, I play it for a while, and if I don’t beat it before I buy another game, which is usually 0.5-1.5 weeks later, I just quit the first game, and move onto the second game. This has been a recurring thing.

What games have you put off completing for the sake of playing another game?

Here is my list.

Jade Cocoon
Legend of Dragoon
Amplitude
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy V
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil
The Thing
Grandia
Xenogears
Vagrant Story

And tomorrow, I’m buying 3 games (Dark Cloud, Arc the Lad: TotS, Resident Evil CVX), so it’ll be set back EVEN MORE. ;o

I don’t put off beating games because I got a new one, I usually do it because I don’t have the time or would rather do other things.

Parasite Eve
Chrono Cross
Xenosaga 1

I’ve had this problem for a while. I’ve started going back and completing games I’ve been meaning to beat, but the list is still pretty long. As of right now, and in no particular order:

Arc the Lad’s 2, 3, and both PS2 games
Breath fo Fire 3 and 4
Legend of Legaia
Tales of Destiny
Suikoden 1, 3, and 4 (Might not bother with those, though. Julia can have them.)
Sword of Mana
FFIV Advanced
Grandia

And, umm… FFVI. I’ll beat it soon, I swear! I mean, I’ve only put off beating it for 10 years! …Not PLAYING it, I’ve played the game so many times since it first came out. I jsut never beat it.

There’s probably more, but I’m too lazy to go downstairs and look.

I’m not counting bonus areas after finishing once. Normally I get to the end and can’t bear to finish the journey.

Xenogears
Symphony of the Night (damn, are my level and my coordination lacking?)
Lunar EBC
Harvest Moon BtN (hush Ori!)
.hack Infection (never even played, it’s sitting in one of my media boxes)
Dragon Warrior 7
Wild Arms 2 (it was only $5!)

I beat DWVII a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been delaying it for almost uh, 3 years, I think. Got stuck for a while at Lefa, bah.

I’ve no idea, lots, about every game I’ve played I suppose. I’ll get bored and put it away somewhere in the middle, forget all about it, the game, the story, the gameplay, everything, and have to start anew to have any clue as to what is going on when I get back to it.

Virtually every game I own, far too many to list here. Last game I completed fully I think was the “adventure” mode on Mortal Kombat Deception (great fun btw, the whole game is class). That said, I’m making good progress on Mario & Luigi 2 and Kameo, both of which are fairly hefty efforts.

I usually get to a certain point in game (mostly PRGs) where most of the story is done, and it is just like the final dungeon left. At that point, I occassionaly lose interest, especially if I have already completed them.

At the moment, I have games going on:

Zelda: Ocarnia of Time
Star Ocean 3
Final Fantasy X-2

And loads of others that I have left for months.

Star Ocean 3: Main story finished, but secret dungeons makes me go nnnfghfjsdhfjh
Castlevania - Curse of Darkness: The game just…bores the hell out of me. Maybe it’s because Bird Demons you can raise are like the ESSENCE of twinkdom, or the whole lack of challenge, or maybe because I could not digest the fact the fight against Trevor turned into a cutscene where I seemed to be LOSING when in reality he had not yet managed to land a HIT. Son of a…
Lost Kingdoms II: Stopped caring about the story. Also have no idea where to go, also have lent my gamecube.
Boktai: The sun lens thingy stopped working. It somewhat screwed my chances of win.
Evolution Worlds: Oh god the tower, fucking tower.
Megaman Network Transmission: I got to the last level, and then they start tossing me enemies with Bullshit Shields? Screw this.
Megaman Dash 2: Just never got around to it, I guess.
Gotcha Force: It’s a fun game, really fun, but I got bored of winning. Seriously, the degree of tactics needed is either really low or insane depending of missions. Most of the ones involving Fortress level Borgs tend to be effin hard. Other times, I could solo five guys without breaking a sweat.
Bloodrayne: It was cheap fanservice.
Dark Cloud 1 & 2: Watched Dark Sand do it. Didn’t want to bother doing it myself.
FF10: I got the airship, and then the whole SUCK of the game made me unable to bear it anymore.
Breath of Fire 5: The replay system just annoyed me and I stopped playing.

There may be more, but those are the ones I remember.

FF8
The Incredible Hulk
RE outbreak file #2 ( I beat # 1 completely)
ninja edit: FF 10-2

I dont usually do that so I only have a few. BTW Dark Cloudand Dark Cloud 2 are good choices Setz.

The list if unfinishedness:
-FF9
-Legend of Dragoon
-FFX-2 ~ I might just never get around to this one. I got bored really quick.
-I’m sure I’m forgetting something. This is were it/they would go.

Let’s see, I do this a lot…
-FFX. Got up to Seymour Flux, and since I don’t Aeon Rush, got sick of trying to beat him.
-Kingdom Hearts. Up to the End of the World, kinda lost interest.
-Prince of Persia, SoT. About 80% through, hit a glitch, killed my file.
-Beyond Good and Evil. Not sure WHY I haven’t finished this, actually.
-Chrono Trigger. Right before Lavos, haven’t decided to kill him yet.

That’s all right now, I think.

Man, I had this problem with FF6 for years. I finally beat about this time last year. What a nice ending :slight_smile:

Current ones:
-Dragon Warrior 7 - I’m at the end, and probably able to beat the boss, I just haven’t done it yet
-SNES Harvest Moon- Couple years ago, I got to spring of the third year with a perfect game, basically. Y’know, second kid, money out the wazoo, all the gold stuff, etc. Then, my sister hit the SNES while I was playing and I lost my game :frowning:
Needless to say, I don’t think I’ll ever get around to beating it.
-Parasite EVE 2
-Tales of Destiny 2
-Vanguard Bandits
-Final Fantasy IX
-Star Ocean 1+2
-Romancing Saga 3
-Fronteir Saga 1+2
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Secret of Mana
-Seiken Densetsu 3
-Lufia
-Baten Kaitos
-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

So yeah, I’ll get around to them, eventually… Probably about the same time I get a shrine done…

FFX: Am at sin and just havnt beaten him
FFX-2: Half way through and quit
Chrono Trigger: borrowed the game from a friend, got to the Underwater Palace and gave it back, still have files though.
FF8: Slowly getting though it, Looking for the white seed ship i think
FF9: Acquired for the first time a while back, havent started

Intend to get Soon: (which puts some of these back further)
LOTR II (that new RTS sequal)
StarWars- Empire at War

Lately, most of this has been put off by class, hwk, college stuff, and the only thing Ive been playing, is stuff on my computer, and occasionally with friends: SW BattleFront II.

No games right now. The last one I finished was HL2.

Luke, looking for that ship is a bitch but I think it should be off the coast of the orphanage.

i was stuck on that too in ff8

its westernmost part of world map in a multitude of islands

MegaTen: Nocturne
FFIV

Romancing Saga (PS2)
Xenosaga Ep 1
Arc the Lad 1, hence Arc the Lad two and stuff
Arc the Las TotS
Final fantasy IV GBA (please don’t yell at me)
FFT
Legend of Dragoon
Dark Cloud 2 (well, i mostly got bored with that one.)
Advance Wars 2 (it got hard)

And probably most of the roms I play.

My backlog used to be crazy. However, I’ve got it down to a few now:

Suikoden Tactics
Fire Emblem: Path of Radience
Tactics Ogre
Ogre Battle

Currently playing: Dragon Warrior VII

I plan on getting Dragon Quest VIII, Atelier Iris 2, and Disgaea 2 soon.

The trend continues…

Whoa, Atelier Iris 2 is out?