Archer
Geomancer (Elementalist)
Summoner (too basic to FF to leave out)
Bard
Chemist/Alchemist
Dancer
Juggler (FFTA)

If the World includes an “Oriental” setting:
Monk (but I would call it “Martial Artist.”)
Ninja
Samurai

In a more Modern setting:
Gunner

Under consideration (I’m not sure about their abilities):
Bare (no job) (FF5)
Scholar/Sage
Dragoon (I think this should be TWO jobs, one for the Spear attacks, one for the Dragon-related magic.)
Mystic Knight (the ones who charge their swords with magic)
Time Mage
Oracle (cast Status Spells- from FFT)
Paladin
Illusionist (FFTA)
Morpher (FFTA)
Assassin (FFTA)
Gadgeteer (FFTA)
Gambler (FFX2)
Calculator (FFT)
Dark Knight
Mimic
Blue Mage
Beastmaster

Opinions?

I’m just curious why people say Red Mages become useless because their magic isn’t as powerful…that seems to completely forget that they have physical skill as well. The first red mages (FF1) could equip most of the weapons fighters could and dealt quite a bit of damage.

Red Mages are NOT useless- heck, no FF Job ever (with the possible exception of the Onionkids) was useless. But, the REAL reason to be a Red Mage was to access BOTH White and Black magic, which only Red Mages could do- in the early games. But when multiclassing became an option, the reason to be of the Red Mages disappeared. You’re right about their superior combat abilities (when compared to other mages) but that alone hardly justifies a Job, especially when after a while, they were overshadowed in that by other Jobs as well.
Personally, I LIKE Red Mages- Heck, I starred in a Group Fanfic (over at the Roleplaying Board) as one! However, only if the Red Mage were given some truly unique (and useful) abilities would I consider it justifiable (I have heard that in SOME FF games, they DO have such abilities, but I have yet to see them…)

One job that doesn’t really fit into any FF game is Pop Star. 8P

I made Kimhari into a red mage, although I’ve neglected his attack and defense abilities slightly. Does that make him a purple mage?

Yes.
Red+blue= purple. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
One job that doesn’t really fit into any FF game is Pop Star. 8P

Think of it as a bard or a dancer, preferable a dancer :mwahaha: . I actually did the opposite to my Kimhari. Given, I didn’t use him much (I basically only used Auron, Tidus, and Yuna), I used him as a fighter because a lot of his spears had “Piercing” like Auron.

Tremble, Mortals, for one of the usable Jobs in FFX-2 is… POP IDOL!!!

(NOW you know why Rikku looks like Christina Aguilera in the X2 promo art!) ^^

Seriously? Oh goodness! That’s just… :noway:

Yeah, seriously. I found about it in a FFX2 site, complete with pictures of our three heroines in their performing clothes. (I assume that this will be a new version of Bard.)

Calculator: Math has no place on a (medieval) battlefield.

Other thatn that, I can’t think of any that are totally useless. Well except for Berserker in FFV.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Calculator: Math has no place on a (medieval) battlefield.

Sure it does, calculating range for siege weapons. Which means you’d need a siege weapon. Why can’t you use a catapult as your primary weapon in FF?

Originally posted by demigod
Sure it does, calculating range for siege weapons. Which means you’d need a siege weapon. Why can’t you use a catapult as your primary weapon in FF?

Because you’re not attacking a castle with an army. You’re not trying to launch anyone inside a castle.

What the FF Calculator does is spread the effects of MAGICAL spells by calculating the levels (and such things) of his enemies, so that they hit them all over the battlefield regardless of range or position. Not a bad idea, and, since mathemathics ARE ancient (at least as old as the pyramids) I think it is justifiable. Problem is, one wrong calculation and you affect the WRONG target…