What an asshole..

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
That’s absolutely despicable. That Minister should be removed from his position immediately for even openly suggesting something that cruel.

Exactly what I think. Is everyone going nuts?!
After all, even though I don’t support those practices, we’re talking about a human being here. He didn’t murder anyone, so why the hell would anyone want to celebrate his death?!

Because a 2000 year old book didn’t tell them too.

I’ve said it many times previously, and I’ll say it again:

So, this is what our world has come to…

… of course.

Originally posted by d Galloway
There is almost nothing said DIRECTLY in the bible about homosexuality, and in fact, Jesus himself says NOTHING on the subject. The only things about homosexuality in there are indirectly referring to it, like Sodom and Gamora.

Well, there are a few lines in Leviticus, but that was the legal code of Biblical Jews. They are still sins, but they are not things Christians are to enforce in such a manner (the Biblical Jews were not to enforce anything in such a way this “minister” wants to. Nothing even close for homosexuality).
I think there’s another line in one of the Gospels, but people can take it a different way, and I’m too tired to look it up right now.

It’s still no excuse for what this guy is trying to do, no matter how much he tries to make it one.

Leviticus doesn’t exactly say that being a homosexual is a sin. It all depends on how it is interpreted. If you take it word for word, one could end up like a puritans of old(hypocrites, indeed).

The preist guy is an asshole though. Incredibly. How can anyone ever celebrate the death of an innocent, how can these people have no hearts or souls. If i wasn’t trying to be an optimist right now, I’d say that the human race is doomed and shall forever exist within our own hells.

Kittens are so cute, though. I’ve got five cats now, but they all started out as kittens.

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Originally posted by d Galloway
There is almost nothing said DIRECTLY in the bible about homosexuality, and in fact, Jesus himself says NOTHING on the subject. The only things about homosexuality in there are indirectly referring to it, like Sodom and Gamora.

I’ve heard people quote a verse somewhere saying: a man shall not lay with another man as he lays with a women, nor shall he lay with any beast.
Something along those lines.

I don’t know why I’m saying this, as I completely agree that the minister is a complete moron who is forgetting the most important commandment, the love thy neighbor as thyself one (neighbor being anyone who isn’t you).

Originally posted by Kairi
Leviticus doesn’t exactly say that being a homosexual is a sin. It all depends on how it is interpreted. If you take it word for word, one could end up like a puritans of old(hypocrites, indeed).

That’s where this whole issue becomes fuzzy. Some people define being a homosexual as “what you are” (born that way), and some define it as “what you do” (choice). The Bible says for men not to have sex with other men, so “being” a homosexual is only a sin in the eyes of those who believe it’s a choice.

The preist guy is an asshole though. Incredibly. How can anyone ever celebrate the death of an innocent, how can these people have no hearts or souls. If i wasn’t trying to be an optimist right now, I’d say that the human race is doomed and shall forever exist within our own hells.

Sometimes I wish I were that optomistic…

[b]

[/b]

Ahh padawon, you have not been seeing the world then, your whole life if you ask a question like that.

It ‘could’ be worse.

The dead gay could’ve been the pastors son.

But still. Sickening nonetheless.

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
[b]It ‘could’ be worse.

The dead gay could’ve been the pastors son.[/b]

I wonder how much his tune would change then…

The tune would be the same. If not, then none of this would exist, and in that case, even matter.

The public reaction would’ve been more hostile, you can count your arse on that.

Oh yeah, and I also hate kittens.

I really loathe people like him, why can’t people come together and realize we’re not all the same, but it’s been far too long, they could have realized something like that long ago. I guess people will neve change, and there isn’t much you can do.

Sometimes I’de rather be non-existant than live in this world, it’s a living hell, I fear no death for it will only bring peace.

I’ll put this guy on my hit list right below the MTV Vj’s…

I like kittens.

I like “KILLING” kittens.

My new friend likes “LIVING” kittens, though.

There’s got to be a loop hole around this…