Well hopefully this will help me.

I’ve been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder by my psychiatrist, and now I’m taking Straterra. I really hope that this will help me concentrate a little bit better, since it effects my schoolwork, my relationships with other people, and work (although I’m least concerned about work, quite frankly). It’s not really all that pleasant. I just started taking it today (about thirty minutes ago) so I doubt that I’ll feel a real change or anything quite yet, but here’s hoping.

And please hope that I don’t get any really nasty side effects.

Do you really have ADD? Alot of times it gets mis-diagnosed. =( But i hope that helps.

It’s usually misdiagnosed in children, actually. Some of the things about ADD are- you know… normal childhood behaviors. But I’ve had these problems all of my life. I WAS diagnosed as a child, and took Ritalin, but Ritalin didn’t really work for me (it made me very depressed) so I ended up getting of meds for a while. Also, I’m not going to share personal details, but let’s just say some of the things listed in the psychological record are not things that kids normally do.

Straterra eh? I haven’t heard of it before. According to the site, it’s not a stimulant, and has no abuse potential…so I guess you can’t have any fun with it. :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, good luck with your meds, hopefully they help balance out the bananas and the strawberries in your cerebral cortex.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a child. Then I got older and they figured out I didn’t have ADD. I really hope that medication helps.

I can understand how you feel, GAP. Recently, I’ve noticed that my ability to focus has diminished. Nothing too serious, but I keep doing annoying little things like putting the coffee in the micro and then forget to hit “start.” They wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t happen SO often. I fear it might be related to my epilepsy, or the medication I’m taking for it. I’m going to have to ask my Doctor about it on my next check-up.

Hope your situation improves.

Maybe you’re just getting OLD! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t have a serious comment without getting shut down, can I?

Ah, an extremely appropot and witty comment, Setz. Well played. polite clapping

Setz, that kind of posting is unnecessary and uncalled for. Any such further posting will result in a ban.

I had posted a serious comment, then like, 10 minutes after, people start messaging me like flies on shit. Asking questions about what I posted, and making accusations, poking fun, et cetera. So I decided to edit the post. I did not mean “fuck you all” to all members, just the individuals who won’t stop messaging me.

Bah drugs! Good luck though.

Don’t discredit drugs as a method of controlling adverse behavior problems, it has proven to actually be quite useful in several cases. I figured that there would be no harm in trying. If it doesn’t work, then I won’t take it anymore. No harm done. The only real thing that I’m worried about is the side effects, but luckily I’ve only noticed a slight decrease in appetite.

EDIT: Setz - What exactly did you say?

I don’t recall exactly, but it was similar to the lines of…

ADD isn’t that special. I was diagnosed as a child with it; and took meds for it. Later in life, I changed meds, 'cause similar to GAP, I became depressed all the time. I started taking Chlonodine to help focus. But, it didn’t help for the depression part. I’ve been 8 months now without medication, and it’s going fine. I think I was misdiagnosed. Not sure.

Well, when I was four, I was diagnosed with ADHD(attention deficit disorder/hyperactivity) and Asperger’s Syndrome. I took Ritalin until I was 15, and was taken off because my body had become dependent on it. I was switched to Cylert, and then subsequently put on an anti-depressant to try to balance myself out, and my brain asploed. The doctor then put me on Risperdal, after being re-diagnosed with schizophrenia and extreme paranoia(in addition to the previous diagnoses). I haven’t taken any(Rx) meds since I was 18, and I think that I’m doing considerably better now. But maybe that’s just an opinion, and everyone else thinks I still need meds…I dunno. I don’t think too highly of meds. The only meds I use now are street meds.

I was diagnosed with ADD when I was a kid too, but I like basic D&D alot better…

That’s a terrible joke and you should be ashamed of yourself.

hey that’s what I’m on! what a coincidence. and for same reasons too, minus the EXTREME paranoia. mines just to the max, not extreme. :stuck_out_tongue:

First you say vietnamese women look like dogs, then you say some Cambodia stuff, and compare it to the holocaust; then you discriminate against a widely known, and common er… syndrome (?).

You should be tolly band.

He wasn’t descriminating against a commonly known disorder, he was making a terrible Dungeons and Dragons joke. :stuck_out_tongue: