Weird chat problem...

After a few failed attempts, I connected to the server, but I can’t get into the room. I try to enter the channel, and nothing happens. The window doesn’t pop up.

I was talking to Val at the time, who said the room said I was “in” the room, but I wasn’t. Does anyone know what might have caused this problem?

Lag?<!-- -->

Hate to necropost, but I’m having the same problem again. It had corrected itself last time, but now it’s happeneing again. Any idea whats happening?

I’m having the same problem. The server won’t connect.

That’s an entirely different problem, Swift.

Here’s a quetsion…might being past my 30-day evaluation of mIRC cause this problem? ^^;

No.

What irc client do you use? If it’s mIRC, is it the most recent version?

Try connecting through a server.

Do you have a firewall?

What’s your connection?

I’m on a lan. Yes, I use mIRC, and I’m sure enough that it’s the latest version. I have a personal firewall that I can disable at will, but I’m not sure how to tinker with my router’s firewall. And I always connect to a server first. I’ve tried a few different ones, and the same problem always arises. It connects just fine, but won’t let me into any channels.

Kay…the problem seems to have fixed itself again, but if anyone knows what might have caused it, I’m all ears.