Weird Al!

Woo! Weird Al is in concert in Poughkeepsie tonight and I’m going. Weird Al puts on quite a show, that and I get a couple of cool Weird Al t-shirts out of the deal.

So go me :yipee:

I’ve always wondered what a Weird Al concert would be like, as he covers so many Genres. Does he change before each song, or what?

IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUXCOUNTRYGUY!!!

wants to see Wierd Al

Originally posted by Green Mage
I’ve always wondered what a Weird Al concert would be like, as he covers so many Genres. Does he change before each song, or what?

Yeah he has a costume for pretty much every song. The groups have little skits while Al gets changed or they have funny shorts on their huge monitor leading up to a song or just something to buy the group time to change. They’re funny and they help keep a funny change of pace to the concert instead of just hearing songs.

He is still doing concerts? I remember the one I went to in Boise about… 2-3 years ago…

Damn, I really enjoyed it… he performed in his outfits from the videos, and he even included a little bit of a song I don’t think was ever released… a spoof of Celine Dione’s Titanic.

Tell me what you think of it… I am going to be here in nostalgia mode.

Weird Al > all of j00 :slight_smile:

Wierd Al is teh roxxor. I wish I could go.

Careful.
I have heard that it is his hair that is the genious: A parasitic alien from the second star to the right. It might have a devious plot to conquer the world: The concerts being a tool, with which to do so.

Bah. Why can’t he come to Norway?

Weird Al Rocks!!! Im sure that would be a blast to see him in concert.

Meh… he’s okay.

OK, well I just got back from the Weird Al concert. Second row seats in the center! No lie.:yipee:

My ears are still ringing from the speakers. Anyway the opening act of the show was none other than Goatboy himself, Jimmy Fallon. He sang a couple of his songs and said he was a great fan of Weird Al… and he from Saugreties. Didn’t see that one coming.

Then Weird Al comes on and does his songs. And there were a lot of songs. Not all of his classics, (he didn’t do Dare To Be Stupid, dammit) but he did a lot of songs that I liked. He seemed to be pushing his album a bit. I didn’t buy his album there, but I did get 5 t-shirts. An during Smells Like Nirvana he kicked a cup of water on us, ahhd a moment I’ll cherish :p.

So much fun was had by all and I can’t wait to see if he ever comes back to Poughkeepsie.

Now for your comments.

Originally posted by PC Glenton
[b]Damn, I really enjoyed it… he performed in his outfits from the videos, and he even included a little bit of a song I don’t think was ever released… a spoof of Celine Dione’s Titanic.

Tell me what you think of it… I am going to be here in nostalgia mode. [/b]

Yeah he did the spoof on Titanic about delivering pizza in his mega medley of songs.

Originally posted by Nulani
Bah. Why can’t he come to Norway?

He doesn’t have enough of an overseas fanbase to make a world tour possible, but he’d still like to do one, says he.

Originally posted by Steve
Meh… he’s ok.

No, he’s awesome, nothing else to it.

shrug
I’d just rather listen to the original songs rather than parodies.

Yea, Im not a big Weird Al person. A lot of his songs just aren’t funny, and in fact, quite a few songs I find to be insults of the originals - just complete defamation.

Sorry
I’m a Weird Al geek

I’m going to see Al on September 9th
Have you been to www.weirdal.com?
They changed the site around, it’s really cool.

Originally posted by the_sickness101
[b]Sorry
I’m a Weird Al geek

I’m going to see Al on September 9th
Have you been to www.weirdal.com?
They changed the site around, it’s really cool. [/b]

Yeah, I’ve been to his site a few times, that where I got the show time for the concert in Poughkeepsie.

His FAQ is funny to read.

Congrats Countryguy, you’ve officially gotten my envy.

Dang I’d love to see Al in concert, I wonder what the chances are of him coming to Newfoundland are… eh, who’m I kidding. No chance, I’ll have to wait for when I finally leave this rock…