Warning: Political/Mature People Thread

sigh I just hope that’s not carrying on Roun. That’s not right. I was actually physically sickened by that, and I see myself as leinent on the age issue.

And EXACTLY Weiila. Most kids do NOT know what they’re getting into.

And I thank you for not listening to your friends. laughs

Peer pressure is way overblown. I never listened to my peers when it came to sex or anything else that I truly cared about; I followed my own path as I saw fit. Overblown as it is, however, peer pressure does play a HUGE role in a teen’s life, including his or her sex life. Everyone pressures them to have sex, and then they blame their friends for pressuring them.

Originally posted by Cala
Peer pressure is way overblown. I never listened to my peers when it came to sex or anything else that I truly cared about; I followed my own path as I saw fit. Overblown as it is, however, peer pressure does play a HUGE role in a teen’s life, including his or her sex life. Everyone pressures them to have sex, and then they blame their friends for pressuring them.

Funny. I never felt any pressure into having sex until recently, when I got into college, and that was by the girl who wanted to have sex.

I’m so fricking weak. -_-

I’ve never felt much peer pressure in my life, but then I kept to myself about 80% of the time. Sometimes though… I usually just kept myself away form crap like that. Didn’t want nor care for it.

And Roun, don’t tell me…

Originally posted by StarStorm
And Roun, don’t tell me…

I didn’t plan on it.

Well I know I certainly didn’t. I don’t think most people plan on thier first time. Nothing wrong with it inherently though. Just be stronger this time.

And chalk it up to experience.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]Well I know I certainly didn’t. I don’t think most people plan on thier first time. Nothing wrong with it inherently though. Just be stronger this time.

And chalk it up to experience. [/b]

I meant that I didn’t plan to tell you, but- yeah.

After we had sex, we went out. Of course, like most things based off sex, it was destroyed (thank God).

Originally posted by Obadiah
MY most-likely-unwanted-around-these-parts philoophy?
ABSTINENCE!!! - You have to admit, if you follow it, there are less STD’s, divorces, etc.

Ah, the perfect answer. This is comparable to how the solution from war is to just make every single person get along perfectly.

And about the girls and statutory rape: I don’t think it applies to us, which makes it a sexist law. Equality for women, my ass.

Women can be charged with statutory rape. Anyone remember that teacher and 6th grade boy from a few years ago? If you mean girls can’t be statutory raped, well, that’s wrong too.

From CNN

Clergy scandal overshadows teacher-sex cases
This year, one of the few cases to capture national attention was that of Tanya Hadden, a 33-year-old San Bernardino high school science teacher who went to Las Vegas in April with a 15-year-old male student. The boy told police the couple had sex multiple times.

Hadden, charged in Nevada with 17 felony counts, is the sixth teacher in San Bernardino County jailed on sex-related charges since March.

In Hackensack, New Jersey, this spring, a judge sentenced 43-year-old teacher Pamela Diehl-Moore to probation after she admitted having sex with a seventh-grade student who was 13 at the time.

Man, I wish my teachers would take me to Las Vegas and have sex with me…

>.>

<.<

escape

True, 984, but you seel it a whole lot less, for good reason. What’s on a guy’s mind 99.9999999999999% of the time? Sex, that’s what.

Nice Cala, way to make yourself sound like one of those sterotyping idiots who judge a whole group according to impressions and generalizations :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t I know it, Cless. But really, most of the guys who I do know can convert anything into something sex-related. It’s sad.

That doesn’t justify your belief statutory rape laws don’t apply to women, though.

A few things I think need to be said:

1. We’re talking about the age of consent; not the age where you absolutly must give up your virginity the night of your 16th birthday. “No” doesn’t loose its meaning past the age of consent, if you don’t want too, then don’t. You don’t have to have sex when you hit that age.

2. We’re also talking about criminal prosecution, which is what the age of consent means. If you are of age, and you are having sex with someone who is not of age, you can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law under a charge of statuatory rape. Because more and more children are having sex below the age of consent, we would just be filling our jails, which raises taxes and blahdie blah blah blah. Just because some people don’t have the emotional maturity to maintain a sexual relationship at the age of 14, or 13 or whatever, doesn’t mean that nobody of that age has the correct frame of mind to do so. As such, because some people can, then the law should be changed, so that those who do have the maturity can legally maintain such a relationship. Like I said below, “No” never looses it’s meaning.

True, 984, but you seel it a whole lot less, for good reason. What’s on a guy’s mind 99.9999999999999% of the time? Sex, that’s what.

I’ll admit that I am an oversexed person, but even I don’t think of sex even thirty percent of the time.

Do you want me to get into gross generalizations about lesbians/bisexuals? >_<

Go for it, Roun. It’s not like I care.

And 984, I said “I figured,” which is a rough equivalent to “I think.”

I don’t think it’s so much thinking as much as a physical and physiological thing; it’s much harder for a woman to force such an act upon a man than it is vice versa. Thinking of the handicaps in such a situation, and where all the testosterone are.

Go for it, Roun. It’s not like I care.

Then I won’t.

I just want you to know that I am not responsible for all of the fracking idiot men out there. And you know what? I bet you aren’t responsible for the idiot women, either. PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS- NOT GENDERS! Not races, not sexual orientations, not religions… NEARLY EVERYONE is an idiot.

I’m not saying that mankind should necissarily unite under this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I know many more horny women then I know horny men, actually. Most of them I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole (both sexes).

I’d take the pole and shove it up their asses if I could find some more room. :stuck_out_tongue:

But anyway… I think the opposite way. People can be smart by themselves, but a mob mentality – and humanity on the whole – are dumb, raving idiots.