Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (Froth ;) ) impressions...

From the sound of it, it seems like there’ll be another exp.

Also, before bitching about the game being too damn easy, play hard mode. I did all of normal wc3 on hard and some of it gave me a challenge and had me thinking.

Well, there isn’t an easy mode, there’s normal and hard. Normal shouldn’t be easy, and I shouldn’t have to play hard for the game to be a challenge. I did say, however, that quite a few spots for me did serve as a bit of a challenge.

Normal is easier than hard. Its all relative.

Ah yes, but as it isn’t labled Easy, you should expect some difficulty along the way - which I did, and which I got.

I could call it “jiggles like pam’s tits” and
“jiggles like Janet’s woddle” and it wouldn’t matter Sorc 8P.

Originally posted by Sinistral

I’ve been thinking about that for a while. The ending cinematic just leaves too many plot holes. For example, What are Sylvanas and the last surviving Dreadlord going to do now that they’re in power on Lordaeron? For that matter, what happened to Jaina?

By the way, I was fairly confused by the ending. I’m not sure what Arthas and the Lich King did. Can someone explain it quickly?

Actually, I think they are just moving their pieces to set up the story for Blizzard’s MMORPG, World of Warcraft.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
[b] For that matter, what happened to Jaina?

By the way, I was fairly confused by the ending. I’m not sure what Arthas and the Lich King did. Can someone explain it quickly? [/b]

1. If you play the Orc Campaign to the end, you’ll know she’s on one of the islands in south east Kalimdor

2. Arthas broke the Lich King’s ice prison and essentially put his ‘helmet’ on, which was where all the Lich King’s thoughts were coming from. He would be able to directly control Arthas, and gain much more power that way.

Blizzard has never done more than one expansion for any of their games and I honestly don’t think they’ll start know, I agree wtih PC they’re just setting up WoW.

And the completion of the Orc Campaign will be downloadable through patches via Battle.net.

It’s no more open-ended then BroodWar was, and THAT certainly didn’t get another expansion.

Well I thought the way the plot was going from the original War 3 it was obvious that’s what was going to happen, but that doesn’t mean I spoilered on purpose. My spoiler was a complete mistake; I just didn’t notice it. Let’s drop this.

[spoiler]In the Warcraft 3 manual it says right out that Ner’Zhul’s primary goal is to find someone to possess. Exact quote:

"Still, he had one chance for freedom - one chance to escape his terrible curse. If he could find a suitable host - some hapless dupe torn between darkness and light - he could possess that body and escape the Frozen Throne forever.

Thus, the Lich King sent his vast consciousness out once again and sought out the perfect host…"[/spoiler]

Originally posted by Curtis
The storyline was somewhat repetitive, and instead of resolving what happened in the first Warcraft: III, it only made things more complicated and messy by introducing even more characters, more races, more ancient powers. It’s almost like they keep wanting to change the storyline but they can’t make up their minds so they throw in everything they think of instead of narrowing down the choices to create a slim and focused plot. It suffered from the same problem that Merlin has repeatedly said that Matrix 2 and the Star Wars prequels suffered from: it was too bloated. Someone said on the Gamefaqs Frozen Throne MB that ‘it seemed like they threw in the whole ‘Forsaken’ thing in at the last minute’, and to tell you the truth I sort of thought that too. I liked the Orc campaign.

They are pusposefully making all sorts of factions… Know why? The more factions, the better for an MMORPG like WoW.

I mean, look at this huge list of apparently MAJOR factions:

1. Scourge
  2. Forsaken
  3. Lost Ones/Forgotten
  4. Naga
  5. Sentinels/Druids
  6. Wardens
  7. Thrall’s horde
  8. Jaina’s new Human nation on Theramore
  9. Kul Tiras, or whoever is responsible for the attack on Durotar in the Orc campaign
  10. Alliance Remnants
  11. Blood Elves
  12. Draenei
  13. Azeroth
  14. The Burning Legion
  15. The Dragon Aspects

I know I missed some, since I made a similar list once, only it had more things on it…

Well, there isn’t an easy mode, there’s normal and hard. Normal shouldn’t be easy, and I shouldn’t have to play hard for the game to be a challenge. I did say, however, that quite a few spots for me did serve as a bit of a challenge.

There IS an Easy mode… if you lose a Normal level, it gives you the option to play it on easy mode. If you lose a Hard level, it will give you an option to play on Normal.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OmegaflareX
[b]I’ve been thinking about that for a while. The ending cinematic just leaves too many plot holes. For example, What are Sylvanas and the last surviving Dreadlord going to do now that they’re in power on Lordaeron? For that matter, what happened to Jaina?

By the way, I was fairly confused by the ending. I’m not sure what Arthas and the Lich King did. Can someone explain it quickly? [/b]
[/quote]

Who knows what Sylvanas and the Dreadlord will be doing? However, whatever you think their goals are, don’t forget Kel’Thuzad… he promised to keep Lordaeron safe for Arthas… but he seems to have dissapeared. I wonder what he’s planning? :wink:

Jaina is busy founding a new Human nation on the island of Theramore

“Now, we are one.” Seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Either Ner’Zhul possessed Arthas, or they joined together and are now just one entity, neither Arthas nor Ner’zhul.