Wakfu

It’s not an anime, but there is no cartoon board. :wink:
And it’s the same thing anyway.

Either way, has anyone around here seen it?
If not, I really reccomend that you try to find it.

It has incredibly high quality of animation and the writing is very good. For the most part it is lighthearted humor but every now and then it surprises with some very deep and/or emotional scenes.

And the thing that I still surprises me a bit when I think about it.
It’s french.
(Not that that’s bad or anything. I’ve just never seen anything relevant to my interests come out of France.)

Could you provide some more details, or a link, Poke?

Yeah, sure. Sorry. ^^
I don’t remember the rules for posting download links, but here is a link to the official homepage.

As far as I know, 22 episodes have been released. I’ve been watching fansubs of them that I found through 4Chan. Not sure if it is actually released anywhere other than france yet.

(Not that that’s bad or anything. I’ve just never seen anything relevant to my interests come out of France.)

The triplets of Belleville, poke.

Or Ulysses 31 (co-produced with a Japanese company), Spartacus And The Sun Beneath The Sea, Fantastic Planet, Mariam Premier (not sure about the last one) and a few others.

PS: Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

I’ll check them out. :wink:

So what ARE the rules for posting links? As I said: I don’t remember (and I can’t find the forum rules on this new layout), but I’ll gladly share the link for the fansub site if it’s allowed.
Or, if you’re feeling brave, it’s usually all over 4Chan. Both /co/ and /tg/ can’t stop talking about it. Hell even /a/ could be all over it. Wouldn’t surprise me.
Those are all supposed to be worksafe but it’s 4Chan, so you never know. There’s still shit like Dranon’s Delight surfacing every now and then.
No, you don’t want to know what DD is.

No matter the rules, I’m sure linking this clip is okay.
As I understand it, it’s a trailer for Wakfu. It doesn’t really show anything related to the plot of the actual series, but it shows off the style and animation.
And Goultard is badass.

That was…different. Yet kinda cool. And yeah, Goultard was pretty badass.

Hey, it looks like RPG World animated! It’s kind of weird that there doesn’t exist a ton of French animated stuff, considering how big their comics (band dessinee) industry is. Lack of good animators or does it cost significantly more to go animated? Probably the latter.

Awh. Apparently someone posted a link to the fansub site on the official forums, which led to a cease and desist, so the site is gone.
The one who did the subs will now avoid active involvement in any further subbing of Wakfu episodes.

Oh well, since at least two boards at 4Chan LOVE this show, there will be more subbers. Just have to wait…