Voice Acting in games.

Lunar’s voice acting is a lot funnier when you realize that Ashley Angel, the voice of Alex, later went on to win ABC’s “Making the Band” and was a member of the boy-band “O-Town.” Also, he made an appearance on the short lived MTV animated comedy “Clone High.”

I thought the voice acting, plus the excellent animation, in the Jak and Daxter games made for an awesome cast. They got all the characters spot on, and every VA gave a memorable performance imo. Wasn’t happy when they lost the original VA for Keira in JIII, though :frowning:

Plus I’m utterly swayed by the amusing ‘out of character’ dialogues in the extras of Jak III.

“It’s mah lucky coin!”

:hyperven:

Are you serious? I actually watched that show when I was younger. Oh my gosh, that’s hilarious!

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve never played Lunar: SSC, but I own EB. I kind of decided that since, well, I already know the plot of SSC anyway, and since EB kind of gave out the major plot point of the game, there was no reason for me to hunt down a copy of SSC on ebay or anything.

I give special props to EB’s Ronfar, mainly because I can think of plenty of ways that character’s voice could have been done wrong, but whoever was Ronfar’s VA did it right incredibly so. When he needed to play the role of the joker, he did. When he needed to show his underlying serious side, like in his flashbacks or when he confronts, you know, his girlfriend I guess he doesn’t sound totally different, it’s just there. The way his emotions and words flow perfectly into each scene really pulled it off. I mean, seriously, as long as Hero doesn’t sound like a snot-nosed brat, how could you go wrong? Then again, I’m no voice actor, so I really shouldn’t trivialize how easy I thought it would be to sound like the standard “young adventurer” type.

Someone mentioned Ashley’s voice from Resident Evil 4 as sounding like nails on a chalkboard. I really don’t understand that…at all. I thought she was just fine. I’d go so far as to say her voicce wasn’ t just well-suited, but near perfect. She screamed when she needed to scream, she acted angsty when she needed to sound angsty, what more do you want? She didn’t sound like perpetually snot-nosed Roan from Grandia 2, so I can’t really say anything bad about it. My GOSH Ryudo needed to punch Roan in the nose, just to get whatever was stuck in the kid’s nose out of there.