Vlakryie Profile animations

Hey, posted this in the Media forum and they sent me over here. Can anyone point me in the direction of good Valkryie Profile gifs, or sprites; I need Lenneth and I’m using them for a project in school, because I do cool projects like this.

Anyway, if you can’t show me any sprites directly; perhaps you could send me some good tutorials for PS sprite ripping and I’ll try to do it myself. Thanks in advance!

I can get you still sprites but not animated ones, PSP’d directly from the game. Would that be okay?

That is also the worst misspelling of Valkyrie I have ever seen. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’d be great! I’d really appreciate it.

If you need it, my email is darthjedimaster@hotmail.com

Thanks again.

Pierson, how did you manage to do those enemy sprites from before, anyways? They’re really good.

He uses the forbidden magicks!

Because he’s so damn awesome!

What have I told you about goddesses who appear in sprite theaters?

Errr… They have to mod the RP Forum?

Exactly.

I’ll be good. ;_;

Heehee!

Seriously though. I’m going to be taking pics and stuff for a shrine I’m working on fixing, and I need to know your awesome technique. Did you just screengrab then edit in PSP?

Sure did.

1. Set the ‘Stretching’ mode in ePSXe’s Video option to 1:1
  2. Screengrab of the sprite.
  3. Trace a 1-pixel outline around the outside of the sprite you want.
  4. Fill in the outside of the outline in same colour as outline.
  5. Make outside + outline transparent.

Done. It’s how I did the VP oens I sent you and my own MMBN3 ones. And how I’ll do the ToD2 ones for my newest shrine also.

It’s a mini version of my Freya avatar!!!11 :o :o :o

I r teh sprite mastah

Translation = I’m bored enough to take five minutes to sprite every enemy I come across. >_>

Oh, I forgot to ask. Which sprites do you want? 'Cause if they’re from characters you get later in the game you could have a wait ahead of you. Unless someone else (Dalton maybe) has some ePSXe savestates.

Ah. So Pie’s just grabbing it with an emulator. That’s not so hard. Now, if he knew a way to get sprites perfect like that using something like WinTV, I’d be impressed. And curious. Since there are no Saturn emus.

WinTV? This? Your entire post doesn’t make much sense to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, it isn’t hard. Just awkward, and maybe time-consuming with larger sprites.

TV Tuner card.

Well I can’t see how hard it could be. They’re still just pixels on a screen, and so easily outlined. It might take an extra minute or so to get it looking exactly right due to the colours bleeding into each other on the edges of the models/sprites, but that’s all, unless there’s something I’m not understanding.

No, see, the cards tend to have a weird ratio from what I can tell, so it makes slightly squished pictures that result in many more colors than should be in a sprite.

Still doesn’t seem so hard. Stretch them a little in the right direction and re-colour the wrong-coloured bits. Do you have a screencap/scan of one of these tuner-pics?