Videogame review sites.

Anyone know of any good ones? Preferable ones without tons of popups? And not just RPGs, either, in fact, I’d like a site that doesn’t focuses on RPGs in the least (I’m already aware of most RPGs out there). You see, each day I work at CVS (I got hired and became a photo tech two weeks ago, whee! I like developing film) I walk past an Electronics Boutique twice - once coming, once going. Naturally I can’t resist raiding the used game shelves…this past week I came home with two real gems, Star Wars: Starfighter and Seek and Destroy, both for the PS2. The first is a great spaceshooter that’s much more fluid than the stiff N64 Star Wars games (though I loved those, too). I’d already played the sequel, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, so I knew what this was when I bought it. The other one, Seek and Destroy, I knew nothing about. From the back of the box I’d gleaned that it was a tank game, but not much more…turns out it’s more complex. You can get lots of different tanks (which are all drawn Super-Deformed style) and customize them with fantastic weapons (we’re talking chainsaws, here, folks, and things like that). It’s a little like Armored Core, but not as complicated. The graphics are nothing to write home about, but that doesn’t bother me. Oh, and I can’t forget to mention that game is mission-based…basically you have a world map with battle areas (the campaigns) and towns you can visit. The towns are like any towns in an RPG - people, shops, and all…but they’re all in tanks! I’ll stop rambling now, 'cause I want whoever’s reading to go fetch some review site links for me.

gamefaqs. gamefaqs has more reviews than any one of us can read in a day.

Yes, GameFAQS is one of the better review sites because pretty much anyone can review of it, so you get both the good and bad opinions of multiple people(depending on popularity you could get up to like 50 reviews)

Other gaming news sites, like IGN, Gamespy, and Gamespot also had their own review sections and are usually more in depth than the general public’s reviews but yeah, one man’s opinion might not mean a lot to you.

Originally posted by Gamer5389
Yes, GameFAQS is one of the better review sites because pretty much anyone can review of it,

And that is precisely the reason gamefaqs reviews are off limits to all passengers. A lot of the reviews just downright suck.

I just mean that you get the full spectrum of reviews, both lovers and haters of the game.

I always hit Gamespot.com and Gamespy.com.

Gamespy is definetly much better.

I use Gayspy and Gamefaqs.

Gamefaqs is pretty useful, but watch out for the lamer reviews. They will scar your mind.

Gamespy rarely does a professional job, and their reviews aren’t always totally accurate, but at least they give you the Pros and Cons right off the bat. Gamespot’s a little more thourough and pofessional, and they review MORE. A lot more.

Gamespot. GameFAQs always has some lamer reviews, and GameSpy rarely does as good a job as Gamespot.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Gamespy rarely does a professional job, and their reviews aren’t always totally accurate, but at least they give you the Pros and Cons right off the bat. Gamespot’s a little more thourough and pofessional, and they review MORE. A lot more.

Yeah, but wasn’t it Gamespot that had the “We give any game a 7!” syndrome?

Gamespot, Gamespy & Gamers.com.

Urkani…check your spelling. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I thought it was lamespy…

Originally posted by Igatona
Yeah, but wasn’t it Gamespot that had the “We give any game a 7!” syndrome?

Not really. Most of their games are in fact, properly rated :stuck_out_tongue: