Valentines

Well, some poor sap had to start this one… may as well be me.

This year is the first time I’ve had a date for Valentine’s Day. What are everyone else’s plans? Spending time with that special someone? Is that special someone in actuality a game character? Or are you one of those lucky people who split the difference and can spend an evening both with your significant other and your games… AT THE SAME TIME? :smiley:

I’ll be spending my Valentines day with my brother in Tampa. Mom’s going out of town, so for some reason she thought it’d be great to buy me a plane ticket to Florida instead of letting me stay home. Not that I mind, but it kinda sucks.

Nothing amazing.

I plan to be at Dark Sand’s house with a bottle of rum and/or vodka, and possibly with QPZ4, as we play <insert game here> and crack lewd jokes every now and then.

At least, it’s how I see it.

No fuckin’ clue what I’m doing. I may be working.

If it’s anything like a typical weekend, then I’ll be sitting here with tgd playing games.

r0x0rz

Valentine’s Day is when? I might complain about how it’s a holiday created by Hallmark, flower companies, and chocolate makers, but that’s mainly because I’m bitter that females aren’t interested in me romantically. Ever.:too bad;

Heh, I don’t think I’ll do anything particular (it’s just Valentine’s day, after all :P), but I do plan to go out with friends I haven’t seen since Christmas, which is cool enough for me. :smiley: Ah, and since I’m in some weird mushy mood, I’ll probably give cards to my few good single boy friends that are depressed to spend Valentine’s day alone this year to make them feel loved and special. :stuck_out_tongue: However, I totally plan, also, to buy chocolate at low prices after that day, haha!

demigod: On the 14th? And don’t worry, you’re still young. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to be helping my mom host my brother’s and cousin’s birthday party. Gotta find that duct tape…
Yae! My mom got a jumping balloon for it.:yipee:

Originally posted by Walhalla
I’ll probably give cards to my few good single boy friends that are depressed to spend Valentine’s day alone this year to make them feel loved and special.

Awww, that’s so sweet.

I could try to get a date but I don’t care. I’ll probably end up hanging out with some friends.

I’ll probably give cards to my few good single boy friends that are depressed to spend Valentine’s day alone this year to make them feel loved and special.

WHY MUST YOU MOCK OUR SOLITUDE?!? ARGHHHHH! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, actually, that’s really cool. We need more people doing stuff like that in this world.

As for me, I shall be working Valentine’s Day Night. My co-workers have already been warned that, should they make any references or allusions to dating, significant others, romance, valentines, or any other thing that might remind me of the nature of this holiday and how far removed I am from it’s fuzzy sappy warmth, I will be taking Disciplinary Action. People will be written up, stooged off to the manager, and sent home for insolence and an unprofessional attitude. :smiley:

I’ll probobly be…right here. In front of my computer. As always.

sigh

I’m doubtful about CH’s seriousness, but hey, thanks guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by demigod
Valentine’s Day is when? I might complain about how it’s a holiday created by Hallmark, flower companies, and chocolate makers…

Rather, Hallmark saturated it with much of what we consider St. Valentine’s Day traditions. The day itself came into being when St. Valentine, a third-century Roman martyr who secretly married couples during his life, was canonised. The association of romantic love with St. Valentine’s Day originated in mediaeval England and France: it was believed that on 14 February all of the birds chose their mates for the year, and it became a special day for lovers for composing love letters and poems and sending love-tokens.

I myself am unsure what I shall do, but, unlike previous years, I intend to have a positive experience, even though I shall most likely be alone. I shall most likely compose some love poetry (following the mediaeval custom) or possibly go to a nightclub.

At home. Doin’ nothing.

Pretty much serious :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be uhh…on a bus between Denver and Chicago, probably. Playing video games, reading, and maybe if I feel up to it conquering my fears of pretty ladies (in honor of the day) and flirting a bit with whoever’s next to me, if it’s a pretty lady. But prolly not. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mazrim Taim

You probably have no clue how good that’ll make them feel.

Ah, and since I’m in some weird mushy mood, I’ll probably give cards to my few good single boy friends that are depressed to spend Valentine’s day alone this year to make them feel loved and special. :stuck_out_tongue:

What sort of sick joke is this? :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on taking my girlfriend to the box social that will be occuring soon. Afterwards we will go to the pictures and view a grand movie. Then we shall go to the soda shop for treats.

Hahahaha, no really, I’m doing nothing, for I have no one special, just like every other year. I think I’m gonna try to set a record or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man Gila, nobody cool ever had dates for Valentine’s Day in high school, so relax. :stuck_out_tongue: The high school social scene just isn’t made to accomodate awesome people like us :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, for all the teen (and even college-age) angst, all I can say is that I’m like, 90% certain that life isn’t gonna always be like that.

-Mazrim Taim