Upcoming (?) FF's

Since FF12 and 13 were mentioned in a recent thread, I have become curious about them since I haven’t really read anything about them before. I’m pretty sure there will be an FF12, but what about beyond that? Does anyone have any sites dedicated to these titles or some rumours to put down? I’d love to see the series continued with hopefully some new stuff…

Dunno if uve read it but this is all for now…

and well… evrything else on the net is more or less a dumb rumor…

You’ll probably see some fan sites sprout up in a couple of weeks. Final Fantasy fans are a dedicated bunch. I’d try checking out RPGamer in the meantime, but they probably won’t have anything yet.

You could also try checking geocities or other web communities like that. Fansites go up REALLY fast on those.

From what I have heard FF12 is supposedly going to be in a futuristic kind of time. And they are a spacefaring race. Which really hasnt been done too much. FF4 you went to the moon, FF7 the meteor, and FF8 the space station thats pretty much it. But if FF12 would be a full blown space Final Fantasy I think that it would something to check out. It would be a different pace that the original medival type setting that most of the final fantasys have. I havent found any sites yet on it, it was just something I read in an article somewhere.

That does sound interesting, but i dont think that would go over with a lot of people, look at how many people bitch about FF8. It is hard to mix magic with high technology. FF10 did vary well, but that was because they included religion to limit the use of technology… imagine if they use religion to limit the use of magic ?

I have some ideal concerning the lost civilizations of the past and the sudden rise in technology similar to that… PM or catch me at #edensworld if you wanna hear more.

FF12 probably isn’t going to even touch upon space or high-technology. The most you’ll see is maybe a glimpse at the stars or a chocobo-powered boat.

Remember, FF12 is being handled by the FFT/Vagrant Story people. Meaning, we can expect a dark, gloomy, medieval world where the rich are spoiled and pampered, and the poor are treated worse than dirt. It’s a great setting, and the team has already proven that it works really well.

I can’t wait… there will probably be a really complicated story involving betrayal, a church that’s corrupt in the inside and is tearing the common world apart with self-righteous holy wars, and a really sickening scene, like the scene in Vagrant Story where Romeo removed Sydney’s Blood-Sin tattoo with his sword and grafted it onto himself.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
That does sound interesting, but i dont think that would go over with a lot of people, look at how many people bitch about FF8.

But look how many cherish FF7, and that mixes hi tech with magic.

I hope FF12 isn’t too futuristic and technological… I tend to prefer the Rpg games that are based in a medieval type world… or at least a type of medieval world that can mix very small elements of the technology and future in them… but not too much.

sigh Did you even read my post? 8(

FF12 isn’t going to be futuristic. One look at the names on the team making the game and you’ll know. It’s going to be dark, gloomy and heavily medieval. Not FF1 medieval, but good old pseudo-Shakespeare, FF Tactics medieval.

A teaser poster that someone posted a while ago helps Dalton’s idea out quite a bit.

I never played Vagrant Story:-(

FFT is very similar to Vagrant Story in terms of story and overall atmosphere. That will give you a rough idea.

I;d like a fairly futuristic storyline, a darker one though, than FF8’s. I love the old school styles but I like to see what directions every game can take and how different they are from each other. I guess not too many people are bent on that…

I prefer medieval style RPGs. There’s just something about a mix of swords, knights, magic, kings, etc. and space, guns, etc. that doesn’t seem right.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I prefer medieval style RPGs. There’s just something about a mix of swords, knights, magic, kings, etc. and space, guns, etc. that doesn’t seem right.

One or the other, both doesn’t necessarily work as well.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I prefer medieval style RPGs. There’s just something about a mix of swords, knights, magic, kings, etc. and <strike>space,</strike> guns, etc. that doesn’t seem right.

FF Tactics in a nutshell.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
FF Tactics in a nutshell.

I think he meant stuff like phasers, laser cannons, chain guns, blasters, etc… The game designers did an excellent job of keeping guns relatively low key in Tactics.

Come to think of it, every FF had little bits of technology and sci-fi mixed in.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
Come to think of it, every FF had little bits of technology and sci-fi mixed in.
A few airships hardly counts as having a sci-fi or technological element.

But they still did. FF1 had the Lufenians and their floating islands in the sky, all of which looked very high-tech. And the Giant of Bab-Il was certainly a technological masterpiece.

Even FF9 had it. Look at the Invincible or Ark aircrafts. The Invincible is certainly a sci-fi-ish ship, and Ark just has that Power Rangers feel to it.