Unknown planet in the sky...???

If Mars is that close we have a problem. It would have to fall out of its orbit to get close enough to look like that.

It’s one of two things:

The moon. It appears red because it’s reflecting light that’s bouncing off Mars.

More likely - A LENS FLARE!

That was my big white fat ass.

you said, “pictures,” and only posted one. i believe the answer prolly lies w/that.

edit: :no2:

It’s lens flare. The large circles within it are the same colour as the sky.

you cannot be serious

Crap there on to us Mog.

:moogle: Then theres is no more time. Ready the Death cannon and prepare to fire!

<h1>OH MY GOD IT IS A NEW PLANET OSHI-</h1>

Archchancellor Ridicully: Y’know, all I thought you had to do to is get a world running, and before you could say “creation” there’d be some creature who’d stand up, getting a grip on its surroundings, gaze with a certain amount of intelligence at the infinite sky and say –
Rincewind: – “That thing’s getting bigger, I wonder if it’s going to hit us.”
Ridicully: Rincewind, that was extremely cynical and accurate.

The Science of Discworld

It may be lens flare or the Moon.

To all those who believe it’s actually MARS: go learn astronomy. Mars looks like a star, just not twinkling. Even at its closest approach to Earth, it’ll always look like a fucking red dot.

Really, you guys should get away from the computer and go outside sometimes. Any a normal person who has ever looked to the sky at night would know that other planets never look that big. And if you’ve been out at day you must have seen many red moons already.

When the moon is close to the horizon, its collor is usually close to red. When it’s so, as she raises, it gets yellow and then finally white. It all depends on the time that she raises, though. Sometimes you’ll only see her when she’s already white. And yes, she may appear during the day. It all depends on which phase she’s in. When I get a chance I’ll take a picture of the moon at afternoon here, she can be seen at 3:00 or 4:00 PM sometimes.

To check if it was the moon, just go to Heaven’s Above site and check what you would see from Jasper at the time you took the pic (see at what time the Moon would be rising there). I would check it myself, but I found cities called Jasper in so many places, I can’t tell which Jasper you were on.

I see the moon during daylight all the time and there’s no way that can be it, simply because it’s still too big and NOWHERE NEAR THE HORIZON. It’s a goddamn lens flare, sheesh.

I would say either that’s lens flare, or you need to clean your lens.

If it’s niether of those, my money’s on it being the Death Star.

AAAHHH ALIENS!!! THEY ARE COMING!!! COMING TO DESTROY US ALL!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Has Lavos already been mentioned?