Unjustly banned

I was banned by Xzeppelin at approximately 6:20PM EST on January 28th. I’m going to argue my case since, instead of receiving warning or discussion of any kind on the topic, I was banned for 48 hours without explanation. I didn’t receive one until asking seven channel operators (including Xzeppelin himself).

Xzeppelin’s original statements can be found on the Chat Administration Board as well as his log, though I encourage operators to investigate their own logs.

Early this afternoon, Xzeppelin expressed his disgust with a 6’3" tall woman that had walked by and mentioned that her height had creeped him out. I found it particularly offensive that he was so disgusted by the nature of this individual that he felt the need to tell everyone in #rpgclassics. The reason I took offense, as I told him, was due to the fact that I myself am rather tall and that I, growing up, had been a victim of teasing by peers in schools for that and other reasons. I indeed called his statement idiotic because it reflected the ignorance displayed by children that I had encountered, and I encourage any skeptical operators to investigate their log files.

Xzeppelin made reference to my “trolling” and that I had done it on a weekly basis, that I frequently insult him, and that I want him to be fired. The only time that I recall insulting Xzeppelin in any manner other than this morning’s incident would be on the Op Abuse thread of this forum when, in response to his repeated and current open invitations to “report this blatant abuse of power,” I presented evidence of power abuse to other channel operators.

I am not “trolling” nor am I being a “vigilante” as I am under no position of authority in the channel nor am I making any threats, but I have just as much right as he or anybody else does within the channel to express my opinion on the topic. He said something I found offensive (and later apologized for it, in fact), and if something I said seemed offensive to him, I see no reason for him to blame barring hypocrisy.

Xzeppelin concludes by expressing the lack of desire to understand my disrespect and insists that I repeatedly harrass him without provocation. I do not recall doing so, since I rarely speak in the channel anymore anyway, but had I attacked Xzeppelin, I apologize. I remind any operators reading this that I admit to two instances of what might be considered attacks: the response to Xzeppelin’s invitation to report his abuse, and my moral objection to his disgust with a random woman’s height.

Last but not least, I would like to add that I do in fact feel that Xzeppelin should not be a channel operator any longer. Firstly, the amount of operators within the channel has lately increased to the point now that his presence is no longer needed anyway. Second, his random pwnage kicks are abusive of his power whether one considers them to be playful or not, especially since they seem to be done in excess “without provocation.” If you don’t consider random pwnage worthy of removing his power, perhaps his fraudulent case against me will suffice. The fact that he has stated numerous times (and even placed it in the channel topic) that he wants to have his powers removed by New Year’s clearly demonstrates to me that he intends to cause trouble and provide reason for users such as myself to seek his removal.

Thank you in advance for reading this.

I’ll go over some of the other points later, but I would like to point out that our total number of Ops has actually DECREASED from 15 to 13.

Every time that I’ve ever been in the channel, there are at least 5 operators available. Perhaps they’re just in the channel more often and I’m mistaken, but it certainly doesn’t seem like there is ever a shortage nor does it seem that it would be difficult to replace Xzeppelin with someone less trouble-making.

I said I saw a 6’3" woman and I said it was creepy. I never said I was disgusted. I never even said I thought it was a bad thing. I don’t think it’s wrong to feel a bit strange when seeing a woman who is taller than 99.9% of the rest of the women in the world. You are taking my words way out of context, like usual.

And also, if you want to complain to me personally…you’ll notice that for the next 15 minutes I am logged on as “zeppelin”, not as “xzeppelin”. I am at school. xzeppelin is logged on at home.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=19056

All you guys need to stop making these personal threads to inflate your ego over how the ops are cruelly oppressing you, use the designated thread we have for this stuff, and for the love of god. Post. Logs.

You guys should addresst he comments in the op abuse thread if you want people to keep posting in it. Otherwise, they’ll think the issues brought there are ignored.

I believe 984 addressed his comment in the op abuse thread, also this thread is pointless without logs.

Yes, I addressed his comments from last time in the Op Abuse thread. Setz has been banned for a while, and he even said not to respond to it. Ramza, well, that was just oversight that got quickly solved when we found out what happened.