Two completely unrelated and yet related things:

I’m bored out of my skull, and I’m not tired whatsoever. Does anybody have any suggestions of any sort of music whatsoever. That’s right, ANY sort of music, I could give less than half a fuck (unless it’s St. Anger, in which case you die). I DO prefer metal and other rock genres, but I’m trying to be much less of an elitist asshole, so I’ll check out anything at least once.

Forgoing that, does anybody know any games that I could waste my time with? Flash games, MUDs, abandonware- fuck… anything. An online roleplaying group would rock my world- depending on what system it is (speaking of which, if anybody ever wants to play Toon sometime, I’m your man). I know that both of these topics have been brought up before, but man- I need stuff… now.

Or I’ll die.

Sonata Arctica. Go. It sounds so 80s.

What the fuck? Why does everyone listen to SA around here now? I was the only one who listened to SA.

Also, the 80s sucked, and they don’t sound 80s.

If you don’t want Sonata Arctica, try Edguy. Edguy is sex.

My Chemical Romance

The Frames, Ash, Bon Jovi, Wannadies, The Pogues.

There’s always the ever popular nethack. If you want somre boredom killing abandonware though I would go check out Home of the Underdogs. (If you already know about that site check it anyway since they just had an update)

I like the Quakes, psychobilly band…you could try watching Army of Darkness. That always makes me happy.

Download every single cover of “I Want Out” by Helloween. Yes, I know there’s an SA one. But there are others.

And here I thought me and Val were the only ones here who like Sonata Arctica. :hahaha;
They’re my favorate band. I’ll contact you via AIM and send you a few songs.

And also: www.addictinggames.com

A nice little archive of time-wasters.

If you’re in the market for games and have a PS2, pick up a copy of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. That game has the highest level of replayabilty that I have ever seen in a videogame. I’ve clocked almost 120 hours on it myself.

Since you said metal, give Chaos A.D. by Sepultura a try. Other than possibly Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets by Metallica, it’s probably my favorite “metal” album. Maybe try Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera too.

Try Reveille, and if you don’t like them, at least listen to Bleed The Sky. Awesome, awesome song.

Try The Descendents, or MU330. :smiley:

Cinema Strange! hops up and down They sound the way they’re called :smiley: And Eisregen if you want to listen to a rock/metallish band with a singer who has a gollumish voice.

I own Master of Puppets and Vulgar Display of Power- very good albums (although I prefer Cowboys from Hell for Pantera). :smiley:

And SG: The Descendents rock! I like food! Food tastes good!

The Cure, deLillos, Blind Guardian, Tori Amos, Gamma Ray, Led Zeppelin!

You rule, CC :stuck_out_tongue:

They released a new album last year, called “Cool To Be You.” You should check that one out, it’s really awesome. :smiley:

and Brand New

and also, play NS2 in #finalrealm on the same server as #rpgclassics

Is it annoyingly poppy or does it flirt with hardcore? It’s in the studio playlist at the radiostation I work at. I might check it out.

The Cure, Muse, Pixies, Rammstein, Infected Mushroom and Aphex Twin. Also, I guess you could throw in a bit of Keane and Snow Patrol.

It’s like every other Descendants album: A variety of sounds, a variety of lyrics, a variety of fun and goodness. If you’ve heard and enjoyed one Descendants album, it’s pretty safe to say you’d enjoy all of them. But, that’s just my opinion. It’s hard to get someone into the Descendants with one song because of how varying their sound is (All the band members write music and lyrics); consequently, you have to check em out yourself, if you never have before. Just take a while to give the album a listen.

Oh! CC! If you come on the chat, I can show you a rad band called Forthrite. They’re like Thrice only they don’t suck. :stuck_out_tongue: