Trilogy Tuesday

So, anyone else going to this shindig? In case you don’t know, selected theatres are showing the extended editions of Fellowship of the Ring, and the Two Towers, followed by Return of the King, all in succession, on December 16th, the day before RotK premieres normally. Imagine my shock when I discovered that my local theatre here in Newfoundland was doing this. Last night I went with a bunch of friends to wait in line, they started selling tickets for it at Midnight, $50 Canadian. Now, granted, this is for all three movies, discounts at the consession stands, and also a collectable figurine which we’ll recieve on the 16th. Not to mention getting to see RotK a day in advance.

So, anyone else going to this if a local theatre is participating?

I didnt even hear about this, oh well, my movie theatre isnt doing it. Too bad, that sounds awesome.

Wow, you must be in all day. ROTK isn’t out in the UK yet, which sucks.

Originally posted by Devillion
I didnt even hear about this, oh well, my movie theatre isnt doing it. Too bad, that sounds awesome.

Don’t feel bad, most theaters who are doing it sold out within a week. Check E-Bay and you can see some of the tickets going for $500 or more =)

That being said - yeah im going heh.

No.

I attended the first, midnight showing of The Two Towers last December, and I regretted it. I will wait this year. Since I already know what happens because of the book, this film is not very thrilling to me. Furthermore, I am not moved to sit in a crowded cinema with fanatics as I did last year.

I didn’t even hear about this. Hmm… I doubt my theather will do it anyways, but I can still hope! Or, if all else fails, I can have my own marathon.:cool:

Originally posted by Ness the Earth Bound Hero
I didn’t even hear about this. Hmm… I doubt my theather will do it anyways, but I can still hope! Or, if all else fails, I can have my own marathon.:cool:

If they havent done it yet, they won’t be heh.

Originally posted by Jakanden
[b]Don’t feel bad, most theaters who are doing it sold out within a week. Check E-Bay and you can see some of the tickets going for $500 or more =)

That being said - yeah im going heh.
[/b]

$500? It feels like the PS2 launch all over again. And damn you jak, DAMN YOU FOR HAVING A TICKET!

I have a ticket too.:hahaha;

Anyway, yeah, I’ve read the books also, so I’m well aware how the story goes. I’ll have to keep my mouth shut during the movie, it’d be a bad thing to blurt out a huge spoiler at a crucial scene to a bunch of rabid LotR movie fans
:mwahaha:

Anyhoo, I’m not just going to this for the movie itself. I’m going with a lot of my friends as well. Yeah I’ll be in that theatre for over half a day (movie starts at 1pm, and will likely last till 2am, and I’ll be there early in the morning waiting in line), I’m going with a lot of friends of mine. This is my last semester in University, and this will likely be the last time I get to hang out with most of these guys, probably for years. (if ever again) So, maybe some of it will be a pain in the arse, but I’m still going.

I still have, like, 6 papers and final exams to worry about BEFORE all that.:thud:

Holy crap, I have to go check up on the Avalon more often. I never heard anything about this >.>

And I have a psych exam that day, but it’ll be over at 11, so maybe I’ll be getting on the go. Now, to track down tickets… ^^

I am not. I’ve made a decision not to pay to watch the movies, and till now I haven’t. That doesn’t mean I haven’t seen them, though.

If I’m going to buy anything, I am going to wait until they sell the entire triology on DVD.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
Now, granted, discounts at the consession stands…

I could help but chuckle when I read this. When my best friend and I went to see LotR: TT, he bought a slushie and drank it withing the first five minutes. You just had to see the look on his face during the movie…:hahaha;