Torn between two choices.

I wouldn’t cut my hair. But that’s me.

They CAN fire me for not cutting my hair… It’s policy…
Oh yeah, thats right. You guys aren’t unionized. McDonalds essentially has totalitarian rule over its workers.

Shooting spree. That or just quit. I mean COME ON…it’s fucking McDonald’s.

cut your hair and save it;

go to work the next day and put a little bit of hair in every burger you prepare;

quit your job at the end of the day;

grow hair back.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Shooting spree. That or just quit. I mean COME ON…it’s fucking McDonald’s.

Yes, it’s fucking McDonald’s… And decent jobs are scarce around here… But as stated, I am going to cut it (and subsequently grow it back out), and begin looking for a new job.

<center>The Road Less Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I would ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.
</center>

Fuck man, get a new job. Don’t take any guff from those fucking swine.

They suck…long hair on guys rock. ;_;

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
Hairnet or cut it. You work in a food place, for gods’ sake, man!

I think this one said enough. They don’t have the policy to be jerks to employees - they have it because it’s a sanitation issue (even if it’s not specifically spelled out in the company regulations). The same sorts of rules apply in a lot of manufacturing jobs.

Ryuujin, I think you have the right idea.

Bah, short hair can end up in food as much as long hair can. =P

Just fuckin quit. Mc Donalds is like the worst place to work of all time. I rather have no job than work there.

I actually have no job, and I’d rather not work there. It’s just McDonalds, so do what you’re gonna do.

Originally posted by VickiMints
I think this one said enough. They don’t have the policy to be jerks to employees - they have it because it’s a sanitation issue (even if it’s not specifically spelled out in the company regulations). The same sorts of rules apply in a lot of manufacturing jobs.

I don’t mean to sound rude, Miss Mints, but if a guy cannot have long hair due to “a sanitation issue,” as you put it, why is it that a girl can?

I should have clairified - to me, hair cutting wasn’t the issue, but having one’s hair out of the way is. That’s why I think hairnets or a hat or something are essential for people with longer hair. The thing with manufacturing is a small reason in why I didn’t take a job in pharmaceutical manufacturing (the other, much larger reason being shift hours) and why I don’t particiapte in manufacturing campaigns in my division - anyone working on those must have all hair covered, and additionally one’s facial hair must be covered or removed (edit thanks to Sin the nong-nong poopy head - for myself, that’s inconseqential, but for those guys who happen to love their beards not so good). I digress… my own opinion is that if one’s hair is adequately covered or controlled, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Man, I spaced out on this one. I’m embarrassed.::dekar!:: I’m sorry about that.

You seem to have a particular dislike for the removal of facial hair.

Anyway, there’s a point you can attack the place you work at concerning unfair labor practices. If girls with long hair are allowed to wear hairnets and the like, so should guys. If not, that’s a different story. As RPT said, you do work in a food place. A hairnet for long hair is the least one can do. I haven’t really noticed a response to anyone saying “wear a hairnet” or anything like that. I would advise simply getting another job because McDs is the pits. But then again, it depends what you’re good at. … <.<;;;

Originally posted by Sinistral
You seem to have a particular dislike for the removal of facial hair.

Dammit Sin… you just had to catch me there, didn’t you? I had a rough night!

Well, firstly we don’t have to wear hairnets. And with the exception of the hair around my ears, the vast majority of my hair remained under a hat, with a roughly 4-6 inch (Never really considered measuring.) ponytail hanging out the back. I kept my hair well kempt.

Not to mention the fact that I am not even required to wear a hat, since I’m management.

I digress; I did cut my hair… But it’s probably not as short as they want. And honestly, they can kiss my ass if they don’t like it. They want to let me go over something as meager as this? Fine by me. They’ll never find another like me, honestly. Though this may come out as shameless gloating, I’m probably one of the hardest working employees they have. It’s to their benefit to turn a blind eye once more.

I would say to cut your hair. After all, hair grows back, jobs don’t just come back.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
[b]I believe it goes…

“Cut your hair you fucking hippy!”

But seriously, just get a hair net. THey legally can’t fire you because of how long it is. [/b]

It’s McDonald’s, it’s not like you’re on the Union or something, they can fire you for whatever they want, and if they can’t, they can make up 18 million other reasons. What are you gonna do, sue them for 5.50 an hour?

Originally posted by Trillian
They suck…long hair on guys rock. ;_;

thank you

damn ryu… why did you give in to those bastards… it’s not like McD’s is that clean anyway,