Same with Christmas movies released in December. It really pisses me off.

I didn’t really feel that this was the case. Out of all of the “9”, 7 was the best at fighting.

Precisely the stereotype set I was referring to.

Edit: There is a wonderful opinion among American writers these days that a ‘strong’ female character can’t be a deep or emotional character, they have to be the amazon woman. In fact this is not just a stereotype but rather a requirement for any non-comedy action movie to be produced. 7 is the same affirmative action badass girl that you see in almost every action movie made in the last 20 years >_< They can be fun characters, but only when they are well developed and not just token.

I don’t think women being good at fighting is really a stereotype.

Considering her build, and the situation surrounding her, I don’t think her physical skill was inappropriate.

How did they determine it was a female? Which restroom did it use?

Let me clarify a bit… When was the last time you didn’t see a character nearly identical to her in an action movie.

I know what you mean.

Basically to avoid the stereotype of “Damsel in distress” we’ve moved on to the stereotype of “Badass bitch”.

8 reminded me of Final Fantasy VII.

List of action movies I’ve watched recently that didn’t include an emotionally detached amazonian woman:

• Gamer
  • District 9
  • InkHeart
  • Inglorious Bastards
  • Tranformers 2
  • Dawn of the Dead (Hulu’s showing it for free right now)