too love or not to love?

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Quitter. 8P

Seriously, though. You’ll find love, and you probably already have plenty of it. Look around… you have a family, don’t you? And a mother? Do you love them?

Now, I know you’re talking about a girl to love, but you’re giving up too early. How old are you, Manus? If the answer is anything less than about 60-80, then you’ve got PLENTY of time left to seek out someone. True love probably won’t hit you until you’re about 20-25, maybe older… so why quit in your teens? [/b]

Because I don’t need it and it’s not worth the trouble. Frankly, I couldn’t care less if everyone else finds it, let them take the risks and suffer for the rest of their lives.

As for me, I’m completely satisfied with a heart of stone, thank you very much.

I’d prefer to find it and lose it. Good to know that feeling for at least a short amount of time. Not all that different from life really. It comes and goes, so take what chance ya got when you can and you know its the right time.

Originally posted by Manus Dei

Which is why you hit on every girl that graces our message board?

As for me, I’m completely satisfied with a heart of stone, thank you very much. [/b]

Please. I know that makes you sound like some “cool” Squaresoft hero, but you’re not being honest with yourself. 8(

[b]Because I don’t need it and it’s not worth the trouble. Frankly, I couldn’t care less if everyone else finds it, let them take the risks and suffer for the rest of their lives.

As for me, I’m completely satisfied with a heart of stone, thank you very much. [/b]

Not everyone needs to find a certain person to love, but I am inclined to disbelieve you regarding the heart of stone bit.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
[b]Oh-kay… not gonna ask.

In my short and almost non existant experience I can honestly say it hurts. However if all goes well it can be the most magical thing in existance, Love is like a rollercoaster, or better yet a drug, it has immense ups but at some point, the downs will hit you hard. It is our ability to recover from the pain that makes us what we are, whether you are hurt once twice or how many times, if you can stand back up and say ‘I’m not giving up, it’s worth it’ then you are truly of stout heart. However there are those coughcough who will simply mope about and cry for themselves, if you are hurt yet do nothing, I say you are a coward, not willing to take the risks, but then you miss out on something truly great. [/b]

That is a really good point. If it fails bad time then you might feel like me and feel like you have just had your heart pulled out. But hey I recovereed extremely quickly. And if it succeeds then I wouldn’t have a clue what to say to that as for me it never has.
( then again I have only really been in love once.)

This is debatable but you can’t get over a love of your life extremely quickly, I believe that’s impossible. It takes quite awhile, with a lot of moping, crying, feeling sorry for yourself and several attempts at trying to get the love or person back, to get over such a thing. Most people believe they’ll never love again after such a life altering experience.

Manus, please drop the “OMGWTFLOLZ i r teh sqaullz0rz luv is baaaaaad” it’s sickening, there’s angst and then theres just plain retardedness.

Heh, right. Sooner or later it’ll catch you too, don’t worry, if you want or not :stuck_out_tongue: And you will learn.
If it doesn’t though, that’d be pretty bad.

Hm…bit of both, really. But I’d say find love and then lose it. Because it’s nice to have that feeling, although I have never personally had it, and then lose it. Sure, I’d shed a few tears, but then later it’d all be good. True that inside, I may never forget that person, or the feeling he gave me, but I’d eventually get over it.

Hear the song ‘I Will Love Again’ by Lara Fabien, and you’ll understand!

I will love again,
Though my heart is breaking I will love again,
Stronger than before
I will love again,
Even if it takes a lifetime to get over you,
Heaven only knows

…Change heaven to hell if you’re one of those people… -.-

~Kasumi~

I’ve never been in love, but I’m one of those hopeless romantics. Only a matter of time . . . ^.^

Originally posted by ~Kasumi~
[b]Hm…bit of both, really. But I’d say find love and then lose it. Because it’s nice to have that feeling, although I have never personally had it, and then lose it. Sure, I’d shed a few tears, but then later it’d all be good. True that inside, I may never forget that person, or the feeling he gave me, but I’d eventually get over it.

Hear the song ‘I Will Love Again’ by Lara Fabien, and you’ll understand!

I will love again,
Though my heart is breaking I will love again,
Stronger than before
I will love again,
Even if it takes a lifetime to get over you,
Heaven only knows

…Change heaven to hell if you’re one of those people… -.-

~Kasumi~ [/b]

You don’t get over losing a life partner, sorry and you don’t shed a few tears either :stuck_out_tongue: because of the fact that you claim to not have experienced love to a particular intense level rules out your “i’d shed a few tears and move on statement”. Imagine losing part of your body, or your mind. Just a piece of you. You don’t recover from something like that quickly.

“I Don’t Believe In Love” - Queensryche

I awoke on impact
Under surveillance from the camera eye
Searching high and low
The criminal mind found at the scene of the crime
Handcuffed and blind, I didn’t do it
She said she loved me
I guess I never knew
But do we ever, ever really know?
She said she’d meet me on the other side
But I knew right then, I’d never find her

I don’t believe in love
I never have, I never will
I don’t believe in love
It’s never worth the pain that you feel

No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all
From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move
Every open hand’s there to push and shove
No time for love it doesn’t matter
She made a difference
I guess she had a way
Of making every night seem bright as day
Now I walk in shadows, never see the light
She must have lied ’cause she never said goodbye

I don’t believe in love
I don’t believe in love
I’ll just pretend she never was real
I don’t believe in lovev I need to forget her face, I see it still
I don’t believe in love

No chance for contact
There’s no raison d’etre
My only hope is one day I’ll forget
The pain of knowing what can never be
With or without love it’s all the same to me

I don’t believe in love
I don’t believe in love
I’ll just pretend she never was real
I don’t believe in love
I need to forget her face, I see it still
I don’t believe in love

(don’t really believe this, I just like the song ^_^)

Originally posted by Evangelion
You don’t get over losing a life partner, sorry and you don’t shed a few tears either :stuck_out_tongue: because of the fact that you claim to not have experienced love to a particular intense level rules out your “i’d shed a few tears and move on statement”. Imagine losing part of your body, or your mind. Just a piece of you. You don’t recover from something like that quickly.

indeed i’m not sure if I’ll ever get over it… sometimes it feels like i’m completely lost and I don’t even feel like anything is worth doing. oh god i hate those times… THANK GOD THERE IS MUSIC TO PICK ME UP WHERE HUMAN BEINGS FAIL

Hmm, that’s a tough question. On one hand you would have found the person you adore yet you lose them (which happens eventually, if not by choice, then by death. Yet on the other hand, if you remain reserved you never experience great loss, but the trade-in being that you never experience great love, either.

In my opinion, I think it would be better if you were able to have had such an experience than to have felt nothing. Love is a form of expressing affection, and without it, we would wither, no matter how tough we think we are.

(woo, I guess I’m all warmed up for writing my essay now. >_>; )

I would rather never have it, it would be much to hard to lose it if I ever had it. I would rather not know what I am missing out on.

Originally posted by Trillian
[b]Hmm, that’s a tough question. On one hand you would have found the person you adore yet you lose them (which happens eventually, if not by choice, then by death. Yet on the other hand, if you remain reserved you never experience great loss, but the trade-in being that you never experience great love, either.

In my opinion, I think it would be better if you were able to have had such an experience than to have felt nothing. Love is a form of expressing affection, and without it, we would wither, no matter how tough we think we are.

(woo, I guess I’m all warmed up for writing my essay now. >_>; ) [/b]

Plus the pain of “great loss” is pain directed at something in the past, whereas the joy of great love is something directed entirely in the present.

If you use the argument that, the present is the only thing which is actually real; and as such, is way more important, then it only follows that the gains and happy feelings presented by love are way more important/real than the pain presented by that loss.

After all, that pain (being part of the past, which only has form in our minds) is just something that we make up in our minds (and which we could then, hypothetically, get rid of - which is what happens anyway as memories of past love fade from our minds).

So like, yeah. Love is totally worth it, especially if you’ve got a good understanding of your mind and are able to weather through depressions (knowing that they’ll pass and they’re just feelings and feeling shitty but not feeling shitty ABOUT feeling shitty…if you know what I mean).

THAT’s a crazy thang. QUALIFY.

-Mazrim Taim

Love is the most wonderous thing on this planet, and there is absolutely nothing that will convince me otherwise.