Too bad the presidential election wasn't this year.

Hades this forum is not catered for you ok >:E Go back to hippie non-politics land where you eat grapes and not cut your hair >:E

And really, this man should be charged with war crimes in the ICJ, except for the fact that the US pretty much owns the UN.

Yeah, I guess so, it just doesn’t seem likely to work out of fear of retribution, although this isn’t nearly as true as it once was.

I think that the only chance we have of getting Bush out of office prior to his term expiration, which still wouldn’t be good because we’d probably have Cheney, is that the investigation of the pre-war causes links Bush to lying about the war (which could tie to Cheney and get him out too). Other than that, we’re probably stuck with him.

I bet Bush would still win. I mean, think about the children.

<b><u><i>THEY COULD BE HAVING ABORTIONS RIGHT NOW! WITH THEIR MULTIPLE GAY AND OTHER ASSORTED MAMMALIAN LOVERS! PREZ BUSH PROMISES TO PROTECT THE SANCTITY OF YOUR FAMILY FROM THE GAYZ, TERRISTZ, HIPPIEZ, AND THE SPECIAL INTERESTS WHO WANT TO SELL YOUR UNBORN FETUSES TO SCIENCE! OH AND SPEAKING OF SCIENCE, PREZ BUSH WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILDREN WON’T BE INUNDATED WITH THE “DOGMA” OF SCIENCE IN THE CLASSROOM. PREZ BUSH WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILDREN GET THE RIGHT EDUCATION!</i></u></b>

Hell even I could get elected if I said all that shit. Hmmm…

Let’s not forget all the Educations issues. And that the Bloc, if I recall well the last few days, has elected an power crazed woman that instilled some sort of patriotism into feminists to vote for her because she is a woman.

Or it’s just the feminists’ for voting for her just because she’s a woman.

No offense to feminists, it’s a cool movement that did a lot, but you’ve got to admit that is rather sad.

The other alternatives werent much better, thought. Will suck for amateur sports leagues, that woman is known for hating that, and will likely divert the funds to ‘culture’ if the Bloc is elected. So much for getting the youth more active, eh?

Eden had it right.

Dems and Republicans are both full of crap. You know what it took in Pennsylvania to get series citizen action? A secretive, unethical pay raise of +34%. Legally, state congress isn’t allowed to give itself a pay raise, it takes affect at the beginning of the next term. You have to answer to the voters, see? But PA’s got this loophole called unvouchered expenses - take your raise now, no questions asked. It took months of constituent pressure before the pols took action to repeal that little piece of work (not the unvouchered expenses bit, just the specific pay raise). Bastards.

Yeah. But this mean lady is scaring me:
“[Grand Theft Auto] has so many demeaning messages about women and so encourages violent imagination and activities and it scares parents… They’re playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them. You know, that’s kind of hard to digest.”

• Hillary Clinton (next US president?)

Yeah. But Canadian politics are more fun. Is this guy wearing a condom on his head?

They are gone.
But there is Marijuana Party of Canada and it was very successful in the last federal election :wink:

Voting is a matter of choosing the lesser evil.

I’ll never quite understand politics, however, all it seems to me is that no matter who gets elected, nobody is happy and nothing really good comes of it. But I don’t really pay attention to politics either so that statemant could be complete ignorance and should be likewise ignored.

Just a random note, like that, a thought. Seemed to fit the situation on some remote faishon.

If you think living in a Democracy only means voting, then you are dead wrong. Communists in old USSR voted, altought just for one single party.

Dude, I’ve met and chilled with Marc Emery, who ran for governor of Vancouver with them when I was up in Vancouver, I’m glad to know his party’s still doing well.