Those stupid scrolling sigs

The Wizard Master, and a couple other people have these lame ass sigs, that you can scroll down and read an ass load of text in a small amount of space. And they piss me off because when I scroll down, I have to wait for the table to scroll down, and i’m pretty sure nobody would go through the trouble to read them. And the worst is steves, cuz its like you can only scroll like maybe 3 lines of text. I hate them. They make me dead inside.

I use PgUp and PgDn to scroll, so I don’t get stuck on sigs. And besides, if I put my sig without the scrolling code, it would be so long everybody reading pages where I had posted would be really annoyed.

I think there is something in your mouse config you can do so that when you scroll with the middle button/wheel it doesn’t get stuck on sigs. you could also use the scrolling bar to your right.

I don’t have any problems with them…

Originally posted by Charlemagne
The Wizard Master, and a couple other people have these lame ass sigs, that you can scroll down and read an ass load of text in a small amount of space. And they piss me off because when I scroll down, I have to wait for the table to scroll down, and i’m pretty sure nobody would go through the trouble to read them. And the worst is steves, cuz its like you can only scroll like maybe 3 lines of text. I hate them. They make me dead inside.

BUAHAHAHAHA! OUR FIENDISH PLAN TO IRRITATE CHARLEMAGNE IS WORKING!!!

The main message was sposed to be that nobody will read them!

Meh, they don’t annoy me that much. They just make me laugh 'cause unless a person has absolutely no life they won’t waste their time reading the damn things.

Who reads sigs anyways, I just look at the pictures.

I READ ALL SIGS, EVEN THE SCROLLING ONES!!!

I like having it there.

If nobody wants to read it, no big deal. If anyone’s interested, they’ll check it out once. Maybe a second time (but likely not).
I’m not pretentious enough to think my sig is some Bastion of Edification or Enlightenment that people fall over themselves to read so as to find deeper meaning to life. I’d hope people don’t (too much pressure on me to come up with something new and insightful).

Well, okay, I AM pretentious enough to think that. But I don’t.

The stuff I put in my sig, I put there for me.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]I use PgUp and PgDn to scroll, so I don’t get stuck on sigs. And besides, if I put my sig without the scrolling code, it would be so long everybody reading pages where I had posted would be really annoyed.

I think there is something in your mouse config you can do so that when you scroll with the middle button/wheel it doesn’t get stuck on sigs. you could also use the scrolling bar to your right. [/b]

Yours is just a song, so it’s not really something important enough to keep anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m with Charl on this one. They are a little annoying and pointless. I never read them since I think that they’re a bit stupid. Yes without the scrolling they’d be pretty long, but I wonder how many people really read them and if they do, read them frequently. It messes my scrolling up a bit (such as if my mouse is over it), but they aren’t too bad, just a bit pointless.

Originally posted by Dai ryuujin
Yours is just a song, so it’s not really something important enough to keep anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Same can apply to the pic in yours =p

And hey, if I’m not mistaken, there’s an option in User Options that hides ppl’s sigs.

My picture doesn’t scroll :stuck_out_tongue:
But I’ll take it out if people think it’s too big shrugs

Why are you bitching? It keeps sigs to a maintainable size.

Originally posted by Dai ryuujin

An excellent song God damn you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone explain to me the point of posting lyrics in your sig? I mean, seriously what the hell?

Originally posted by Ren
[b]Same can apply to the pic in yours =p

And hey, if I’m not mistaken, there’s an option in User Options that hides ppl’s sigs. [/b]

But some people have nice sigs that are quick and easy to look at. Just look at Xelo’s, it is a manageble size, changes each post, and is funny which makes it good to look at. Whose ever idea was to copy books, songs, and scripts into sigs made a mistake. If someone wants to read profound pieces of literature, they’ll get a book, if someone wants lyracs they’ll get a cd or search the net, if someone wants a script, they’ll search the net or buy it. They don’t have to read it in a sig. Yes it is a minor thing (the reason I haven’t complained about it besides now), but still.

Originally posted by Cloth Hat
Can someone explain to me the point of posting lyrics in your sig? I mean, seriously what the hell?

Every song has a message within its lyrics.

Originally posted by Infonick
But some people have nice sigs that are quick and easy to look at. Just look at Xelo’s, it is a manageble size, changes each post, and is funny which makes it good to look at. Whose ever idea was to copy books, songs, and scripts into sigs made a mistake. If someone wants to read profound pieces of literature, they’ll get a book, if someone wants lyracs they’ll get a cd or search the net, if someone wants a script, they’ll search the net or buy it. They don’t have to read it in a sig. Yes it is a minor thing (the reason I haven’t complained about it besides now), but still.
Heheh, mine’s down for maintenance right now actually. In the meantime, a banner to my webcomic…

Originally posted by Cloth Hat

I put lyrics in my sig that I think can define myself, or that I think hold an important message, or that I just think is damn cool.

As far as the scrolling aspect, mine scrolls mainly because it was too long otherwise. I had to make it scroll so that it would all fit and not be a nuiscience to other people.