This pretty much sums up the PS3.

Don’t forget that the new batch of consoles are not just about games. The new generation was supposed to be about what extra stuff they offer. (Blu-Ray, internet browsers, wi-fi, etc.) On this I think the PS3 comes out on top, because it offers more features than the 360 at a cheaper price. I won’t comment much on the Wii, because I don’t know all that much about it.

I went through GoW using the machine gun with the chain saw, rarely using anything else. You use a vehicle once and it is boring as hell.

Halo: I ran out of ammo and thus had to use other guns. Sniper rifles, the bruteshot, the green laser thing, the red laser thing, the hammer, these all have very limited ammo. They’re very useful but you can’t god mode through entire levels just using those. If those aren’t available, you don’t always have the chance to dual wield plasma rifles or dual wield the machine guns used by the humans. You obviously haven’t played halo 3.

The runs with the different vehicles were fun, further diversifying the gameplay. You didn’t always use the same vehicles. Sometimes it was a ghost. Sometimes a warthog. Sometimes one of those weird motorcycle like vehicles the brutes had. Sometimes a tank. Sometimes I just hijacked the fucking super tanks used by the covenant. Sometimes I felt like driving and letting my gf shoot. Sometimes I did the opposite. Diveristy ftw.

WOW, has this gone off topic. I tried to get you guys back on track, but nobody took the bait.:slight_smile:

Show me a game where you can make spaghetti with a gun and I’ll show you money.

ps3 wont have ninja gaiden 2

prosecution rests

Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
WOW, has this gone off topic. I tried to get you guys back on track, but nobody took the bait.:slight_smile:

That’s because the topic has been beaten to death, buried, dug up, beaten again, beaten some more, savagely beaten, and then for good measure, imploded, due to all the beatings it took.

(and that just at this website)

So pardon us for not dancing to your wicked tune, but we must fight on for the FUTURE OF THIS PLANET!!! (and everlasting peace too)

Well, 360 doesn’t have Assassin’s Cree-… I mean, GTA 4-… ummm… HAH! God of War 3! Dance vile infidels, dance!

As it stands, the PS3 is a perfect analogy to Hades’ mom. All these guys keep telling her that they’ll be faithful but they keep running to the ever popular Xbox 360. The only ones that have stuck around are the fat nerds no one likes and no one wants, like Lair (which is appropriate due to the presence of Dragons for role playing).

The PS3 has some decent games, but I think it’s still to early to judge it. Hell, half the games people have been waiting for since before launch aren’t out yet (Killzone 2, FF13, MGS4). Besides some of the better games from the 360 are coming to the PS3, such as Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

You missed my point that the PS3 is bleeding exclusives and saying its getting ports of games people have played on other consoles is not a good thing. Especially when they’re bad ports like the orange box.

Mostly, I just did’t get you’re analogy. (Hade’s mom? ) But like I said, none of the really good exclusives have come out yet, (Some of the skinny, likable nerds will be late to the party.)

And you’re missing my point too EI. The party’s over. You missed it. Hades’ Mom has left the building!

Now if you want to try and un-derail this thread try asking is the Richard Donner’s Director’s Cut of Superman 2 worth getting a PS3 for. :hint:

As much as i hate the PS3, it still has a chance. The playstation brand might be dead with the “hardcore”, but to them its been dead since the batarang, since 599USD, and since the PSP flopped. Nothing has really changed. But its not dead to “casuals”. The playstation brand still has power there, where the system can sell based on “i got the new playstation” alone. Whether or not Sony can afford to bleed money will determine its fate, and their misadventures with the PSP show they’re perfectly happy with bleeding. We all write the PSP off as dead, but they’re still trying as hard as ever with it. The DS may have solidly trounced the PSP, but its the only handheld Nintendo hasn’t managed to completely run out of the market. Sony’s stubbornness might be the thing that saves their brand. If you can keep the ship afloat long enough, things will work out.

I personally might buy one. I don’t know. As lame as it is, i like Gran Turismo. I mean, i REALLY fucking like Gran Turismo. I like it enough to pay five hundred dollars just to play it. I’ve been meaning to try out Forza though (probably getting it and a 360 for christmas), so if that can compare to GT, i guess i won’t be getting a PS3 anyway.

NES wins the console wars (again)!

Is Halo 3 worth getting a 360 for? It’s probably the most overrated game of all time (aside from FF7, of course). In any case, the 360 and PS3 are both losers compared to the Wii (any system where you can actually lose weight while playing is a definite hit, plus its enjoyed by all age groups, not just young people). It all comes down to personal taste. I like the games I have now on the PS3, and am looking forward to others. You guys like the 360, and I’m not gonna change your views. We just have to agree to disagree. Besides, I think the fact I typed this on my PS3 is pretty sweet.

It’s probably the most overrated game of all time (aside from FF7, of course)
FFVII’s ratings accurately reflect the game. Ten years later and it’s still a more satisfying experience than anything else on the market, usually by far.

any system where you can actually lose weight while playing is a definite hit
The Wii won’t take any pounds off. It’ll just slow the rate at which you pack them on. And not by much. Unless you’re REALLY into the games. Wii != physical activity, no matter how sore you think you are. Any normal active person would laugh at you for calling it execrise.

Is Halo 3 worth getting a 360 for?
No. It’s one reason, but it won’t make it worth it on its own.

I wouldn’t get a 360 just for halo 3. I really liked it but I wouldn’t get one just for it. There are many other good games on it, like Blue Dragon if you like old school RPGs. Overall, its worth getting. If you don’t have a pc that can run Bioshock, that’s another reason. Gears of War IS a good game despite how much I knocked it. I personally think Halo 3 was better designed (minus the ally’s AI). Since you like kotor like games, mass effect is apparently awesome. I can’t wait to play it.

Sin is exactly right. Don’t get a 360 just for Halo 3. Get it for Halo 3 and the many other reasons there are to get it, and believe me there are many. I’m still waiting for that breakthrough game, but there are still a lot of just really solid games to play in the meantime. I recommend Gears of War, The Darkness, NHL 08 (even though the gameplay is slow and clunky compared to its predecessor), Geometry Wars (which is downloadable and very fucking intense if that’s what you’re into), and I happen to like games like Ninty-Nine Nights as well, though they’re not for everyone. I hear Blue Dragon’s pretty good, but I haven’t played it so I can’t fully recommend it.

I know there’s more too. If I was at a store right now I swear I’d be able to throw at you two dozen games worth buying. The 360 is a solid machine and only really exhibits major flaws if you’ve been gaming for 17 years (of your 21 year life) like me and are jaded to the point that you’re actually turning into green rock.

PS: I got the analogy to my mom, so don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue: lmao it’s pretty harsh, but mostly true.

Sounds like I’ll have to get one sometime. But for now, I’ve got the PS3, and its keeping me happy. Anyway, my brother-in-law has a 360, so I can just go to his place for a little Halo or GoW. (They also have NHL, but I’m not a big fan).

P.S.- I don’t recommend posting messages from a console, at least not without a keyboard. >_<

I have a Wii and a PS3… I have multiple best friends with 360-s… I can go to them for that experience but I don’t try to judge a console too much until I own it.

I enjoy the large amount of good games for the Wii… but I find the PS3’s lack of faith disturbing…

Not to mention I was railroaded into buying one now before all pretenses of trying to be backwards compatible were dropped from the PS3 as a whole.