This post...

I had a 1337 dollars in my bank account once. I should have taken a picture of that.

Did 984 celebrate when he got 984 posts?

Go SG!

I celebrated when I first got 984 posts. That was back on the EZBoards. We were discussing something on the Staff Forum, I don’t remember what. Anyway, I got my 984 post there as I was too involved with the issue at the time. Now, since EZBoard kept track of which post was which number, I was able to take a screenshot and celebrated my 984th post on the Main Forum. That post, however, was my 985th post. Since then, I have not celebrated either of my 984 posts on vBulletin.

Ahhhhh! 1337 speak! My eyes are burning! Speak English people!

It is English. It just uses a slightly different alphabet and a few different spellings of words (such as j00 for you).

I have never liked that kinda of speech. It takes too long to work out what someone has said, especially when writing in ‘normal’ English, is so much easier to understand.

1337sp33k is sort of like the alphanumerical equivalent of a pun. And you have to have the intelligence and/or sense of humor of a coathanger if you think that it’s always good.

it’s not g8. it’s rubish.

nutter
I hate it, I have engough trouble with the writen word anyways.

That goes in my Sig.

I fucking hate 1337sp33k. It takes me forever to figure out what the heck you are saying.

Oh the irony.

g8 = gate?

Speaking of which, in RO I saw some German players speaking. I guess they were departing for the night or something, since one of them said “n8”.

After puzzling with it for a bit, the answer hit me.
Eight in German is acht, so n8 would mean Nacht, which for those who don’t know, is German for night. So it’s not only English that uses shortcuts like that. Sca-ree.

What makes the English language so special that it’s the only one speakers of whom sound like idiots? :3

A fucked-up one. I’m gonna make an unfounded guess that perc (where’d he go? >:) could tell you far better than I could, but English is like, the ultimate mongrel language.

Goddamnit, there has to be a better word than ‘like’ for that kind of sentence. I sound like a Valley Girl. :frowning:

Try “just about” on for size. :3

\m/

http://maddox.xmission.com/aliens.html

Methinks this explains the idiocy of 1337 or any other type of freako-English typing language.

I’ve officially un 1337ed my post count. I think I’ve given enough time for my 1337ness to sink in. If not, oh well, keep tryin’, kids.

You are bad man… A very bad man. Why did you do this to us?