This isn't how it was supposed to be

The immune system can eliminate cancers and there is a lot of support to show that it does keep cancer cells in check; the problems happen when cancer evolves through natural selection and becomes able to bypass the body’s defenses. My project essentially revolves around creating a biological battering ram with which I can force the immune system to push through the barriers cancer has set up against us. Up to now my project has been cloning DNA together, creating viruses, transforming cells and giving mice cancer. Up to now my franken-protein works beyond expectations and if it keeps up, it could be very big. I have a couple years worth of work to do on it before I go to pharmaceutical companies.

Keep it up, Sin.

Well, you’ll find this interesting, but I’m going to give you advice I’d give to anyone else…and for the record, I find it sad that I hear more about you from a month old post than mom. But I understand not calling out of the blue for anything, so I don’t blame you.

You’re not stupid, and you never have been. You’ve had moments where you’ve lapsed in judgment, certainly, but we all have.

A college degree, as I’m certain you know by now, does not solve anything. It’s what you’ve gained along the way of earning it that matters more, namely your knowledge, experience, and friends. Yes, friends might seem rather clique, but the truth of the matter is networking lands people quite a number of jobs (granted you have the experience already).

Internships are quite helpful for experience and there are a select few that do actually pay. The one that I had (but never took) in Disney paid, albeit chump change (paying for the place they holed you up in). However, I know that’s not really a viable option, especially since you’re enlisted.

There are a few other opportunities you can add to your resume that don’t require you to relocate (aka online shiznit), and I’m currently doing one myself, although I don’t know if it’s ever gotten mentioned to you. I’m doing news reports, reviews, and even coming up with recently implemented podcast for RPGs at AllRPG while I go to school full time and work part time. Sure, it doesn’t pay, but after a few years of being on staff, It’ll look nice on my resume. Hell, I impressed the job I recently landed with being on the news staff for only a few months (lawlz at impressing Chuck E Cheese).

Maybe it’s not news that you want to do, that’s fine. I don’t think I want to do news for a living either, but I know I want to work with video games in some manner. So I get experience working somehow with video games and chalk that up as another step closer to getting a paying job that I will both enjoy and be able to live with.

Other than your awesome writing, I don’t really know what it is you want to do after your Navalness stuff is done (that’s just assuming you don’t stick with the Navy as a life career, but I realize it’s still a possibility). I will say this, however; if I ever find out that you stop writing, I will find you and shove a spiny up one of your nostrils.

If that didn’t help at all, a good smack to the head also does wonders, I hear.

http://www.eslcafe.com/

Well, I must admit that I’m exaguration a little bit. The place work is quite convienient seeing that a catch a bus that goes right into it’s parking lot as I don’t drive due to my medical problems. Also, I get my health insurance for free, which is the biggest plus. The people work with, including my bosses are great people and we joke around all the time. My main gripe is the negative feeling that there’s more work on my desk then I’ll ever finish at the rate that it’s coming. Everyone in my department is in the same boat, even my bosses, so it’s not like I’m slow or anything, but being in that kind of situation is depressing. The other problem is that we’re basically not paid enough: We work in the the fuckin’ MEDICARE department, and basically work for the government, but don’t get government job benefits or wages. HR says we make the same as the commercial side because the job descriptions are the same…bullshit they are. Anyway, there’s my little once in a while rant.