The Ultimate Crossover Universe

Yeah, I think it WAS Bast, but I suck at remembering names…

And about the power issue, well… Maybe the egyptians view of bast is just a small part of the whole, so that she can do a lot more than they knew.

I mean, I’ve seen in some book (not sure which one, might even have been the Call of Chtulhu RPG :P) proof that one of the egyptian gods was one of the Old ones (Nyarlathotep, Yog Soth-Oth or Azathoth. ot sure which one), that the kanji (chinese letter) for monster was created from images of Cthulhu and a lot of other stuff…

And I’m gonna copy some stuff from the Necronomicon too… The description of the Old Ones at least (y’know, all that Yog Soth-Oth knows the gate, he is the gate and the key, Great Cthulhu is blah blah blah…), but I will remove the parts about summoning :stuck_out_tongue:
(No, seriously. I <I>have</I> got a detailed description of how to summen then, when to summon who a.s.o. but I’m not spreading that info :P)

But right now I’ve got some notes about Mi-Go, The Color out of Space, a bit about Cthulhu and some about the Dunwich Horror (which I believe was just a half human/star vampire (gah, bad hentai mental images :P))

Wow, Poke, you DO know a lot about the Cthulhu mythos! Sure, do share it with the rest of us. BTW, I actually own a copy of a book with ROLE-PLAYING versions of the Old Ones: The ORIGINAL Deities & Demigods book (later renamed Legends and Lore because the title made some people accuse D&D of spreading paganism) :fungah: Later versions had this material removed because Cthulhu et. all are still under copyright, so it’s fairly rare. Curiously, it doesn’t mention the Colours, but I’ll bet they are in the Cthulhu RPG.

Oh, and wasn’t the movie THE UNNAMEABLE based on the Mythos too? Don’t remember which story, tho.

Damn those timelines had a lot of stuff in them. I must admit I am actually surprised thet had mention of the Civilisation games in them.

It is actually nice to know when all those events were meant to have happened, I have wondered about some of them.

Wil, I haven’t accidently summoned Chtulhu for nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I’m going to Umeå this afternoon, so I’ll drop by at the library to pick up as many Lovecraft books s possible, and the RPG if it’s there.
And after that I guess it will take some time to summarize everything (not to mention that I’ll have to read trough all the books to find te interesting parts :stuck_out_tongue:
(I hope there is something in the RPG that at least tess me where each creature/old one/elder god/outer race/whatever comes from, so I won’t have to search through every book to find it…)

As for the color, well… It’s basically a very evil, lifestealing color, not much for roleplaying :stuck_out_tongue:
And I wouldn’t be surprised if the movie The Unnameable is based of the Mythos since there is a short novel called, yes, The Unnameable :stuck_out_tongue:
But anyay, I’ll borrow some books, check through them and try to fix my notes.

(I’m thinking of writing it sort of like:
(And I will start with the Old Ones, then the Elder God and lastly the Outer Races. Alphabetic order.)

Name: (the name, duh, this will only apply for the gods though)

Race: (race, or kind of god. Outer Race (e.g. Mi-Go)/Old One/Elder God)

Physical Description: (sort of what the look like, a bit of anatomy of I can find anything, probably just stuff like that the Mi-Go have a green sticky substance as blood or similar body fluid)

Powers: (quick description of powers like the Color out of Space’s ability to drain the life out of people and it’s limited mind control (can drain people’s will to fight back, or even leave))

Location(s): (the creature’s/race’s current location(s). The Color is west of Arkham and in outer space, the Mi-Go are on earth in mining colonies, on Pluto (which they call Yuggoth) and outside of our known universe, Cthulhu is in R’lyeh, a.s.o.)

If you can think of something I missed, or some better way of organizing them please tell me, preferrably before Ive finished writing this stuff :P)

Oh, and speaking of R’lyeh, I found a cool thing in one of the books. It’s a longitude/latitude coordinate to a spot very near R’lyeh. O_o (A ship was attacked at that point after being blown off course, after beating the other guys they went on to see what was so important and found R’lyeh (or at least parts of it…))

Hey Will why not put the Megaman Battle Network series in the Near future part,i don’t think it would conflict with anything in the timeline,since there are no superheroes in that part.

Master: The Megaman NT Warrior part definitely fits in during the Cyberpunk period, right before people started jacking in directly into cyberspace rather than thru a handheld device. (And even afterwards, many people would NOT like the idea of messing with their minds.)

Hey, I wonder if the ANDROID Megaman can be fit in as well… maybe during the Space Colonies period, when robots are common? He could have been based on the virtual one! (reversing what happened in REAL life!)

Well, I’ve been to the library, and I managed to get my hands on the Keepers Companion for Call of Cthulhu, but I know that I haven’t read it before so the things I’ve seen before can’t be in there.
Might be other interesting stuff in it though.
But I was just going to tell you that it will take some extra time before I can post any real results.
/me has just gotten a nasty cold :frowning:
But don’t worry 'bout me, I’ve had worse colds, so I’ll just flip through the book and see if I can find anything interesting…

Edit: Oh, and I’ve become distracted by the Call of Cthulhu CCG too, but at least it’s related :stuck_out_tongue:
(And I’ve got <strike>Hastur</strike>He Who Must Not Be Named as a card XD
Now I only need to get Yog Sothoth, Cthulhu, and Shub Niggurath too, since that’s the only Mythos factions existing so far…
(you can just check www.chtulhuccg.com if you want to))

That’s OK, Pok. Get over the cold first. In any case, The Old Ones are probably not going to be used much. They’re too destructive; maybe we could have Cthlhu escape ocassionally so that Ultraman and the Justice League can take him down or something.

BTW, it might interest you to know that SOME of the characters from the Cthlhu Mythos show up in the Persona 2 RPG. Of course, as I mentioned in my first Xmas story, those are likely imposters, not true Old Ones.

BTW, Guys, I’ve started editing and adding stuff to some Wikipedia articles (not to the Timelines yet, but I may soon.) Remember, ANYONE can do it, so if you know a date for a specific fictional event that isn’t listed in them, go ahead and add it.

Well, I’ve finished copying the Mad Arab’s description of the Old Ones, and I’ve found some info about a few races and some places in the CoC RPG Storytellers Handbook…
Paces: Fungi from Yuggoth (Mi-Go), Deep Ones, Snake People (and some that I can’t remember)…
Places: Mu, Atlantis, R’lyeh, Kadath, Hyperborea (and some that I can’t remember).

And there’s also a LOT of books there (some real, some fictional) but those are basically unimportant. (Some like Necronomicon, Unausprechiliche Kulten, Book of Eibon, Pnakotic Manuscripts and Cultes de Ghoules appear all the time, so you should know about them already.) And there’s also some woundrous items and artifacts, but they’re also mostly unimportant.
(And most descriptions tend to end with “(synonym for being caused severe pain) for all eternity” :P)

Anyway, here’s the part from the Necronomicon that describes the Old Ones:

Al-Azif
Ye Book of Ye Arab, Abdul Alhazred, 730 at Damascus

Of Ye Old Ones and their Spawn

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are and the Old Ones shall be. From the dark stars They came ere man was born, unseen and loathsome They descended to primal earth.

Beneath the oceans They brooded while ages past, till seas gave up the land, whereupon They swarmed forth in Their multitudes and darkness ruled the Earth.

At the frozen poles They raised mighty cities, and upon high places the temples of Those whome nature owns not and the Gods have cursed.

And the spawn of the Old Ones covered the Earth, and Their children endureth throughout the ages. Ye shantaks of Leng are the work of Their hands, the ghasts who dwelleth in Zin’s primordial vaults know Them as their Lords. They have fathered the Na-Hag and the Gaunts that ride the Night; Great Cthulhu is Their brother, the shaggoths Their slaves. The Dholes do homage unto Them in the nighted vale of Pnoth and Gugs sing Their praises beneath the peaks of ancient Thok.

They have walked amidst the stars and They have walked the Earth. The City of Irem in the great desert has known Them; Leng in the Cold Waste has seen Their passing, the timeless citadel upon the cloud-veiled heights of unknown Kadath beareth Their mark.

Wantonly the Old Ones trod the ways of darkness and Their blasphemies were great upon the Earth; all creation bowed down beneath Their might and knew Them for Their wickedness.

And the Elder Gods opened Their eyes and beheld the abominations of Those that ravaged the Earth. In Their wrath They set their hand against the Old Ones, staying Them in the midst of Their iniquity and casting Them forth from the Earth to the Void beyond the planes where chaos reigns and form abideth not. And the Elder Lords set Their seal upon the Gateway and the power of the Old Ones prevailest not against its might.

Loathsome Cthulhu rose then from the deeps and raged with exceeding great fury against the Earth Guardians. And They bound his venomous claws with potent spells and sealed him up within the City of R’lyeh wherein beneath the waves he shall sleep death’s dream until the end of the Aeon.

Beyond the Gate dwell now the Old Ones; not in the spaces known unto men but in the angles betwixt them. Outside Earth’s plane They linger and ever awaite the time of Their return; for the Earth has known Them and shall know Them in time yet to come.

And the Old Ones hold foul and formless Azathoth for Their master and Abide with Him in the black cavern at the centre of all infinity, where he gnaws ravenously in ultimate chaos amid the mad beating of hidden drums, the tuneless piping of hideous flutes and the ceaseless bellowing of blind idiot gods that shamble and gesture aimlessly for ever.

The soul of Azathoth dwelleth in Yog-sothoth and He shall beckon unto the Old Ones when the stars mark the time of Their coming; for Yog-sothoth is the Gate through which Those of the Void will re-enter. Yog-sothoth knowest the mazes of time, for all time is one unto Him. He knowest where the Old Ones came forth in times along long past and where They shall come forth again when the cycle returneth.

After day cometh night; man’s day shall pass, and They shall rule where They once ruled. As foulness you shall know them and Their accursedness shall stain the Earth.

(And from here on is just unimportant stuff like rites of summoning and so on.
Not really necesarry for this project :P)

Now I’ll try to get my hand on the core rulebook for CoC and I’ll summarize the info in the Storyteller’s Handbook.

I have returned and we did but not directly.

Alien nuclear attacks. My favorite books have lizards attack the world during WWII and drop nuclear bombs on Washington DC, Berlin, Tokyo and other places. I don’t know if you read World War: In the Balance or the other books but you just reminded me about it.

Kamikaze: Nice to hear you’re OK, I hear there was even more damage from this Hurricane than the last. And not to worry you or anything, But the new 'cane (Ivan) might reach Florida too- assuming it doesn’t lose strenght first. It looks like it’ll strike Jamaica, and possibly Cuba first.

As for Yamato, it’s a very cool series and I recommend it to you all. A friend of mine once wrote an alternate-reality Yamato story in which the Earth was NOT devastated, and the characters instead ended up joining- Star Trek’s Starfleet! : ) (It’s not online, tho, sorry- this was before the Net.) It would’ve fit well in my composite universe.

PS: I have heard of the novels you mentioned but have not read them yet.