The Ultimate Crossover Universe

Yay, fitting in. That could work quite well.

Wil have you seen the movie of Parasite Eve? It’s quite different from the game.

there was a parasite eve movie? was it good? could you summerize the plot for me? :moogle:

It’s a drama first off there is no real action that much. Second it’s Japanese (with english subtitles).

Well when Kiyomi, the wife of Dr. Toshiaki Nagashima, dies he decides to keep her liver alive by cultureing her liver cells as a form of still keeping her alive. The cells come back to life as a gel like form that turns into his wife and suduces him. One drop of the gel I mentioned possess Toshiaki’s helper Sachiko Asakura and the anounced to a bunch of scientists that the Mitochondria is just using us humans. To make matters worse the wifes kidney (I think it was the kidney) was put into another girl named Mariko by Dr. Yoshizumi. Dr. Yoshizumi, tried before too find a kidney but Mariko’s first transplant was unsuccessful, he now feels that he let her down and continues to pressure for a new one. (Just wanted to mintion him a bit.) Mariko will have the child that will rule the entire world.

The setting people on fire still happens but at the end and when Sachiko is possesed.

I haven’t seen the movie in a while so I maybe off. But I know not by much.

Also another good Japanese movie drama (With some of the same actors) is The Hypnotist.

Kamikaze: Thanks for the info, I didn’t know about the movie. But I still need to research Parasite Eve more (both versions) to decide if it fits in.

OK, back to work:

You know, it ocurred to me this would be easier if first, I prepare a Timeline of REAL WORLD events. After all, the ONE thing that all of these series MUST have in common is their connections to Earth! THEN, I can add all the typical fictional elements to it!

OK, here’s the HISTORY OF THE REAL WORLD, or as close as our understanding of science and history gets us to it (all dates aproximate):

13 Billion Years ago: The Universe is created in a superexplosion called the Big Bang, which scatters matter and energy across empty space. (Where did THOSE come from? Uhh, ask a physicist. 8P )

5 Billion years ago: The Earth Forms.

1 Billion years ago: Life starts in Earth’s seas, as microbes, them begins to evolve.

65 Million years ago: Something (a giant meteor, it is believed) kills off the dinosaurs, allowing mammals (and thus, humans) to evolve.

1 Million years ago: The first proto-human beings (you know, cavemen) appear. (tho’ true human beings wouldn’t appear until 10,000 BC or so.)

Thousands of years ago (5,000 or more): The first civilizations appear.

1500 Years ago: The Dark Ages- The Roman Empire collapses, leaving Europe at the mercy first of barbarians, then the Catholic Church, which forbids education (except among their allied nobles) so they can keep control. Ironically, this is also the time that the concept of Knights and Chivalry developed.

15th Century: Reinassance- with the development of printing, education was available to the masses again.

16th Century: The conquest and colonization of the Americas begins.

18th Century: The War of American independence; The Napoleonic wars.

19th Century: The Victorian Era (a period of extreme cultural conservatism, especially about sex, among Europeans and many Americans); The “Wild West”; plus the beginning of modern technology (planes, trains, power, industrialization, etc.)

The 20th Century:
*Turn of the century: First World War.
*The Roaring 20’s: Organized Crime starts in America; The Great Depression.
*The 30’s: World War II begins.
*The 40’s: WWII ends.
*The 50’s: The Cold War begins: Both the US and the Soviet Union begin stockpiling nuclear weapons. The Commitee of Unamerican Activities persecutes people in the US that are even loosely connected to communists. Stalin secretly starves millions of his own people (killing more people than Hitler). The Corean War.
*The 60’s: The Cold War continues as BOTH the US and The USSR mess with nations around the world to “win” the war, usually resulting in invasions or dictatorships. The VietNam war begins. The “Hippie” counterculture movements begins in the US.
*The 70’s: The VietNam war ends. Arab terrorism begins; The Oil crisis.
*The 80’s: The Fall of the Soviet Union.
*The 90s’: The Gulf War.

21st Century: The Present! (The War on Terrorism and/or Irak.)

Somewhere in the near future (about 100 years): Oil runs out. (Let’s hope we have alternate sources of energy by then…)

Thousands of years in the future: Humanity evolves again. (Assuming we haven’t blown ourselves up before.) Note that, since normal enviromental effects no longer affect humanity (not since the development of civilization) the results will NOT be what we were supposed to evolve into naturally. (Which may not be a bad thing. Who knows?)

1 Billion Years into the future: The Sun grows into a Red Giant, consuming half the Solar System, including Earth. (Let’s hope our descendants, if any, have left the planet by then.)

?: Entropy overruns the Universe- all energy runs out. Everything freezes in place. The End.

I know, I know- boring! The good stuff comes later, when I start inserting Science Fiction and Fantasy concepts on the above timeline. Be patient! : )

Sounds decent so far.

Kamakaze: I never saw the movie - hell, I’ve scarcely heard of it - but Aya’s mother’s name was Mariko! Perhaps the game was a sequal to the movie? Or maybe it was just an homage?

This sounds a bit complicated but interesting. Alas again it’s too late at night (or early in the morning depending on how you look at it) for this tired brain to think of anything useful… but I’ll be back, I swear…

Kamakaze: I never saw the movie - hell, I’ve scarcely heard of it - but Aya’s mother’s name was Mariko! Perhaps the game was a sequal to the movie? Or maybe it was just an homage

Well i believe the movie came before the game,and the movie was based on a book,that is what i heard thought.

Sorry for being off topic Will,But i know you can pull this timeline off so go for it.

No prob, Mune. You’re not really that off-topic.

OK, folks, Here it is! THE TIMELINE OF THE ULTIMATE CROSSOVER UNIVERSE!! I’ve decided to include some examples of series in order to help you all visualize it better:

13 Billion years ago: The Universe is formed by the Big Bang. The matter came from a previous universe (Galactus, from FANTASTIC FOUR, is a survivor of that universe.) This was the doing of God (or Brahma, or whatever you want to call The Creator) and its servants. Unfortunately, the nasty “Old Ones” also enter our universe, from another dimension.

5 Billions years ago: The Earth forms. By then, Life has already appeared in many worlds, including whole civilizations. Most of them die out, but a few survive, having evolved into a Higher State of Being (The First Ones from BABYLON 5 are examples). Most of these higher beings hide their existence from the less evolved races (including mankind) but still interfere, for both good and ill, in their development. Some of the races that died out leave incredible artifacts behind (like the ring-shaped planet of the RINGWORLD novels.)

1 Billion years ago: Life appears on Earth. The microbes are actually of extraterrestrial origin, brought here by unknown means. (In Larry Niven’s Known Space novels, it was by aliens. But note, there might have been more than one source.) This explains why so many series have planets with Earthlike lifeforms.

? Millions of years ago: Some Old Ones, such as Cthulhu and its spawn, settle on Earth. However, most of the Old Ones in the Universe are eventually destroyed or imprisoned by the “Elder Gods” (identities unknown).

65 Million years ago: By the time of the dinosaurs, several fantastic creatures exist on Earth: Dinosaurs of absurd size and power (Like Godzilla) and reptilian humanoids (like the Silurians from DOCTOR WHO). All may have been of Alien origin. In any case, that pesky Giant Meteor eliminates most of them and leaves the survivors in suspended animation.

1 Million years ago: Our semihuman ancestors appear. Aliens interfere with their development. (ex: 2001: A SPACE ODISSEY)

Thousands of years ago: The first civilizations appear. This included Atlantis, which developed incredible technology, only to sink below the ocean after some Great Cataclysm.
Aliens start kidnapping human beings, taking them to other worlds, sometimes starting lost human colonies. (ex: STARGATE.)
Also, powerful magical beings from other dimensions came to Earth, and were worshipped as gods. Humans invent many stories about them, and the “deities” themselves come to believe them. Eventually, however, most deities leave Earth. Most of Humanity remembers them only as myths. (ex: THE MIGHTY THOR)

Dark Ages: With the fall of Rome, Europe enters a long period of little social or scientific progress. The Wizard Merlin helps King Arthur set up the Kingdom of Camelot, and the Knights of the Round Table. They unite the British Isles and fight both evil and paganism. Sadly, they are eventually betrayed from within. (WAY too many versions, which are not fully compatible with each other; pick your favorite, or make your own.)
Also, several lesser magical races arrive on Earth from other dimensions. Known as Fairies, they delight in messing with humanity. (Note: most fairy tales ARE true, just not the way we tell them to our children. Think Anime, not Grimm.)

Reinasseance: Education is again widespread. With humanity becoming more numerous, powerful, and fearful of the supernatural, most magical beings decide to hide, either pretending to be human, or leaving for secret hideouts. (Examples: HARRY POTTER, VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE)

19th Century: The public begins their fascination with “heroes”, mainly cowboys (THE LONE RANGER, BUFFALO BILL, etc.) Several great scientific minds develop inventions way ahead of their time. However, most of these are either lost, or kept secret by the governments and conspiracies of the World. (ex: LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, THE WILD WILD WEST.)

20th Century:
*Turn of the century: The first World War begins. It may have been the doing of a conspiracy group, like the ILLUMINATI.
*Roaring 20s: Prohibition of Alcohol, ironically, gives Organized Crime a chance to develop in the US. Many famous characters if the time, like AL CAPONE and THE UNTOUCHABLES were real. Several fictional heroes (but real in THIS universe, of course) appear as well, with either mystical or scientific abilities: THE SHADOW, DOCTOR SAVAGE, etc.
*The 30’s: The first of the modern wave of SUPER powered heroes appear (Not Superman and company, tho, they have been moved to the present.)
Someone creates the beings known as Toons (probably using magic). Most people find the Toons odious, and force them to live underground, ostricized from Society. Most people forget about them. (WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?)
*The 40’s: During World War II, many advanced weapons are invented but prevented from being used, such as the first Japanese Giant Robots (see TETSUJIN 28, aka GIGANTOR). Also, the Axis turns to find supernatural power sources, but heroes like INDIANA JONES stop them.

• The 50’s: The Cold War starts. Hostile aliens begin trying to take over the Earth, but are stopped by heroes, the government, the army, or even by normal people! (Ex: INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS) ALL these incidents are covered up (by the MEN IN BLACK.)
    Ancient Giant Monsters, created either by aliens or by ancient civilizations, start waking up, but are either destroyed or contained. (GODZILLA, THE GIANT GILA MONSTER, and lots of other 50s monster movies.)
    *The 60’s: The Cold war intensifies, with Secret Agents from both sides messing with governments around the world. JAMES BOND is one of these. Secret Organizations to protect the world are stablished, such as U.N.C.L.E. (THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E)
    Disappointed with society, many american youths start counterculture movements. Many of these are infiltrated, by everything from conspiracy agents, to aliens and vampires!
    *The 70’s: International Terrorism starts, lead by COBRA. GI JOE is formed as a response. Meanwhile, Japan gains a protector from Giant Monsters in ULTRAMAN, as well as TETSUJIN and many other Giant Robots.
    *From the 80’s to the Present: The vast majority of fictional series and shows take place somewhere in this period.

Near future: The “Cyberpunk” Era. Megacorporations become the real power behind governments. The public is kept distracted by the invention of CYBERSPACE, an updated version of the internet that people can directly link their minds to. Bionics and genetic engineering become common. (Note: cyberspace was actually created in the present, but kept secret by the Conspiracies.) Ex: The novel NEUROMANCER (the first one to stablish the Cyberpunk setting, tho’ many previous stories- and LOTS of stories since- have contained cyberpunk elements.)

Within one or two centuries: The Solar System is colonized. The colonies fight against Earth for independence. Eventually, they all join together as a federated government. (ex: The various GUNDAM series.)

23rd Century: The Earth Federation expands and becomes an interstellar power. (ex: STAR TREK, BABYLON 5)

1000 years into the future: Humanity becomes one of the main races in a Galaxy-wide civilization. (ex: LEGION OF SUPERHEROES)

1,000,000 years into the future: Humanity evolves into a higher state of being, and joins the other First Ones. (BABYLON 5)

?: The Universe collapses into itself (the Big Crunch) only to cause a NEW Big Bang! The cycle continues…

Feel free to comment. Anything I missed? Any suggestions for inserting your favorite series? Let me know!!

The only thing I can think of would be stars dying to create heavier elements like iron and gold, which could be worked into some kind of sci-fi thing: Death brings life. Looks pretty good though.

Nice start Wil. You got loads of different stuff in their already.

Quick question are you going to include animes titles, I mean in the future section, Or not?

what about werewolves?

there not mentioned once. they espeacialy need to be mentioned in the 70’s.
cause thats when a hidden colony of werewolves (called the colony) almost begin an invassion but get stoped by a female tv reporter and her camera crew.

you dont have to add that. i just thought i mention it. other than that good work. :moogle:

Darkness: Uh, I’m not getting into THAT level of science here. I’ll leave that for the fics. (Tho’ you did remind me that, in the A WRINKLE IN TIME books, Stars (or at least some) were supposed to be living entities. Maybe magical ones?)

Heaven’s Soldier: You bet your wings Anime goes in here! I’ve already named a few. And I’ll add more soon. But remember, this is just a general example, its up to each individual writer to figure out how to fit a series into the timeline.

Caith Sith: There are certainly werewolves in this world. In fact, there are more than one type. The ones you mention are from the movie THE HOWLING, which are quite different from the ones from the WEREWOLF:THE APOCALYPSE games. Both types can fit in; just assume they are DIFFERENT creatures (the ones in WTA call themselves Garou) and it’s human beings -those that know they exist- that get them confused. This same idea can be applied to other creatures, such as Vampires (wich explains why the ones in BUFFY are different from the ones in, say, FOREVER KNIGHT.)

I’ll be editing my post above to add more to the Timeline soon. Watch for it.

It’s not exactly science completely, it’s still theory, what I was getting at was dying to allow life to be created as in nobility of some kind. Which could fit in with the whole magical entity thing. But it’s your timeline, so it’s up to you, I’m just making suggestion for you to either accept or not accept as you decide. Sorry if it’s comes out like a rant, it isn’t, but it does sound like one for some reason, to me anyway.

By the way Wil, I noticed that you’ve included the Old Ones and the Elder Gods in this fic…
Do you need any extra help finding info about them? (I’m sure that I’ve seen some about the Elder Gods (which you have written as "unidentified) somewhere)
I mean, I don’t have much to do anyway, so I’m glad to help you in anyway that I can and you need. :slight_smile:

Darkness: Ah, I think I get your meaning now. Yes, if stars were alive, they would be the “parents” of all worlds, since most planetary matter comes from their suns. Would a living star CHOOSE to die to bring about living worlds? Interesting idea… BTW, there was a character in the old DEFENDERS comic book, Cloud, who turned out to be a Living Nebula. Her dream was to someday be a star… literally!

Poke: I only left the Elder Gods unidentified because I’ve never seen a clear explanation of who they were. If you know anything, certainly tell me!

Sorry about the delay in updating, I’ve been focusing on getting ready in case Hurricane Francis decides to visit the island today! (It looks like it’ll miss us, tho.)

Well, Francis missed us, so I finally updated the Timeline, adding the sections from the Present to the End of Time. You STILL can make suggestions, folks. And tell me where and how YOUR favorite series fit in!

Well… I think I’ve seen something at some book at the library, because I KNOW that one of the elder gods is a woman and partly (the head I think) cat.
Can’t really get the image of a cat girl kicking Cthulhu’s ass out of my head… :stuck_out_tongue:

I can check it next time I go to Umeå (living at home right now), because I know that the book was there…

I was hit hard by Hurricane Charlie I hope Francis doesn’t hit Orlando.

Anyway you should include the Super Battleship Yamato. (The spaceship version) I never saw the Anime but I thought the idea was cool.

Poke: I was doing some Cthulhu research today, and it seems that indeed, one of the Elder Gods is supposed to be Bast, the Egyptian Cat-Goddess. But that makes no sense since the egyptian gods came millions of years AFTER the Old Ones. Nor do I think she has the power to beat an Old One. It might just be a mistaken identity case. We’ll see later.

Kamikaze: Sorry to hear that. Hope you don’t get hit again! I lived thru Hurricane Georges (1998) so I know what it’s like.

As for Space Battleship Yamato (known as Starblazers in America) I’m afraid I cannot include it, for one reason: central to the series is the fact that the surface of the Earth was devastated by alien nuclear attacks. Even tho’ the planet was miraculously restored later (thanks to an alien machine) it still means that most of Earth’s original landmarks, natural and man-made, would be gone. That doesn’t fit in with most other series set in the future.

That may be something some of you have noticed about my Timeline: I’m excluding a LOT of stuff. It’s not that I don’t want them, it’s just that there are so many possible futures, that not all of them can fit together. In particular, futures where the Earth is devastated (like in TERMINATOR) are hard to fit with other series’. So I decided to go with (in general) a positive view of the Universe’s future.

That doesn’t mean that such series are unavailable for crossovers, however!! Remember, there are still such things as Alternate Realities, which CAN be reached via Time Travel. Besides, it would be fun to write stories about what the lives of certain characters would be like if the futures they were supposed to live in never happened.

Hey gang, look what I found! Two lists of fictional historical events, taken from LOTS of different series!! Even thought, unlike mine, these timelines don’t attempt to explain how these series could co-exist, they’re still great for reference. Check them out and see if YOUR favorite characters are mentioned!

Here’s the past!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_fictional_historical_events

And here’s the future!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_fictional_future_events

Even better, this is Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia that ANYONE can add stuff to. So, if you don’t see your favorite series, ADD it yourself!!