The Ten Best Christmas Movies?

Not according to me, according to… somebody. I was just Googling for Christmas movies and found the site. And yeah, they’re pretty kooky choices. But the reasons given are hilarious, and I suspect you guys will enjoy reading them too. So here’s the link:

http://www.sydlexia.com/bestchristmasmovies.htm

The list:
10- Jingle All The Way
9-The Muppet Christmas Carol
8-Rambo: First Blood
7-Home Alone
6-The Nightmare Before Christmas
5- Die Hard
4- Batman Returns
3- The Ref
2- Lethal Weapon
1- Gremlins

The crazy thing is, I actually AGREE with some of his reasons. AND liked some of the movies in the list too (Jingle All The Way still cracks me up.)

So what are YOUR favorite (or most hated) Christmas Movies? (I can’t stand A Christmas Story, personally. I dunno, I don’t see why it’s so loved.)

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Nightmare before Christmas from start to finish. It scared the heck out of me when I was little. Gosh, I was a wimp. Anyway, you can’t go wrong with Die Hard. It’s hilariou, heartwarming, and action-packed. It doesn’t exactly instill you with the reason for the season but entertainment wise it gets an A plus from me.

I might watch Rambo now, because of this, and that the fact there’s the new sequel for it.

“The Christmas Story”. You know. The Self-Narration about that little kid who wanted to buy a beebee gun.

All of those claymation movies about Christmas, like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, that one where Santa was a young man learning to be good, The Little Drummer Boy, etc.

Gremlins is their number one movie??? No way… that’s a decent movie, but not the first movie I think of when trying to capture the essence of Christmas.

Actually, this whole list is lame… Rambo??? This was obviously made by film dorks who don’t care about Christmas. :confused:

Well, obviously whoever wrote it was being silly and just posted movies that took place in Christmas as opposed to being about Christmas. That’s what so funny about the list. But hey, they’re (for the most part) good movies anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for movies with REAL Christmas Spirit, my favorites are A Christmas Carol and Miracle on 34th Street, as well as The Grinch (both the movie and the cartoon, though I like the cartoon better.)

On the other hand, I don’t see what The Nutcracker has to do with Christmas other than having Santa Claus show up in the end. Somehow, beheading giant rats doesn’t fill me with Christmas Joy.
:hahaha;

I liked the original Miracle on 34th Street best. I mean, dood, using the post office to provce the existence of Santa is way cooler than that whole “In God We trust” thing.

My favorite Christmas movie is The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, by L. Frank Baum, the guy who wrote the Oz books. THe animated version, not the claymation one. It’s nothing special, but it appeals to the kid in me.

I rather enjoyed that list. His reasons for each movie were hilarious.

And he DOES raise a good point, a movie that’s only enjoyable at a certain time of the year isn’t a very good movie, objectively, is it?

Y’know, I’ve never, ever, sat down and watched A Christmas Story from beginning to end, ever. I haven’t seen the entire movie, and I don’t really care to. The bits I have seen bored me to death.

A Year Without a Santa Clause just for the Freezemiser and Heatmiser songs.

They may be good movies, but when it comes to Christmas, I like stuff that reminds me of when I was alittle kid.

Another good one is “Mr. Magoo’s Christmas”.

That’s a helluva thing to say to me Griswold. :wink:

What about Ernest Saves Christmas?

Trading Places? It’s got Dan Aykroyd in a Santa suit that can also be used to smuggle smoked salmon.

Wow, I’m going to go watch Die Hard now. Hilarious explanation.

Haha, mine too, for the saem reasons. I also like all the other Christmas Claymation movies and “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

How about some Christmas Movie Clips?

Most of these are nice, not cynical. Except Bad Santa, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, guess what? My best friend’s family just surprised me with the gift of a DVD of the original Miracle on 34th Street, which has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I was actually surprised, and very moved. sniff:victoly: