The RPGC Universe

Killmore and Arac: Ok, you convinced me. Added Wasteland to the original timeline (go and check.)

New Stuff!

-Added a note on Interdimensional Portals to the Notes Section above.

-Came up with a description of RPGC HQ:

THE RPGC Headquarters
Located somewhere in North America (possibly the US/Canada border) the HQ looks like a castle on the outside (locals think it’s an eccentric hotel) but it’s a modern building inside. It is maintained by RPGC Administrator Merlin, and its appearance varies with his whims (he once had it painted purple…) The base acts more like a waystation for non-evil adventurers than a true headquarters, but it is a rallying point when crises happen. It’s features include:

-Reinforced walls

-A modern security system, complete with code-requiring doors and anti-intruder traps on selected areas

-A combat room with imported monsters (for training)

-Several interdimensional portals

-Storage room for adventurers who need extra space to store their valuables

-A store that buys and sells adventuring gear of all kinds (they take most forms of currency)

-A caffeteria/bar where most visiting members hang out, share information or just gossip.

-Several sleeping quarters

-Medical facilities

-A game room with everything from poker tables to video games

Yeah, yeah, I know, the Game World examples are coming, sorry, I’ve been a little busy. :stuck_out_tongue:

More New Stuff!

No, still no game-by-game analysis, I’m working on that, but since I had this on my mind I decided to get it out first:

The Conspiracy

The Conspiracy is old- centuries, at least, possibly even millenia. It has gone by so many names, that RPGC just refers to it as “The Conspiracy” to avoid confusion.

Although it includes immortal and superpowerful individuals, it’s mainly composed on normal people. (This means we are free to decide who is part of it- even actual celebrities! :stuck_out_tongue: ) The vast majority of its membership is unknown and will likely remain so.

While they do have all manner of resources to use, most of the time they just manipulate others into doing what they need using information. It’s amazing what the right (or wrong) word said in the right ear in the right moment can cause. They’ve even helped some heroes destroy menaces that were inconvenient to them.

Secrecy is their main priority; they have gone as far as to create lesser conspiracies and then set them up for a fall just to trick the authorities into thinking they have destroyed them. Their members know that they’re expendable, especially if they fail to keep the secret of the group’s existence. The general public is unaware of their existence, except as the ramblings of conspiracy nuts. Espionage Agencies like the NSA suspect SOMEONE is behind many of the activities they investigate, but have no real evidence so far. RPGC knows The Conspiracy exists only because a few of its members (like Wil) have run into their operations in the past.

One thing that must be made clear, is that despite the claims of some conspiracy theorists, the Conspiracy is NOT behind everything. Sadly, things like wars, crime and hunger are mostly humanity’s own fault. They do have their fingers in nearly every criminal enterprise in the World, however, as well as many legal business ventures, and a few governments, including the American one.

The Conspiracy members do not see themselves as evil. They see themselves as the ultimate opportunists. They don’t waste time in vendettas, which is why they’ve left RPGC alone for the most part. Though circumstances may change that in the near future…

Ahh!!! Necroposting!! :eek:

Heh, sorry it’s taken me so long to update this, people, but I have been busy lately, mostly with writing RPGC SAGA 2007. But I haven’t forgotten this project, and I’m currently doing more research on RPGs to complete it. Today I added Glory of Heracles and Phantasy Star to the “Main Earth” timeline. More will likely be added soon. And yes, I’ll get to that list of off-Earth Game Worlds eventually, promise!
:cool: