THE RPGC SAGA 2005

Who’s Gear to whom I wonder?

I was going to post a jab here, Wil, but…why post here, when I have a whole fic to tear you apart with?

Oh, and a great chapter, btw. Man, is Nelimar in deep shit or what?

Not So Good Ways of Making Extra Money:

#238 Selling odd things which might upset your relatives.

:stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, it’s still as good as ever. You go Wil. :smiley:

I thought you were ALREADY tearing me apart in your story, Gallo. And I’m enjoying it, too! :wink:

But seriously, I just thought I’d give your character a little more personality in my fic this year, I hope you don’t mind.

HYAA! NINJA POSTING CONTINUE!!

A few minutes later, in the Headquarters’ cafeteria:

“…Because 7 8 9!” the tall, brown haired boy said to the dark-haired-and-eyed teenage girl. Both laughed at the silly joke.

Though actually, the girl didn’t get the joke. She spoke English well enough, but was still not all that familiar with American culture. But she was doing her best to fit in RPGC; besides, Dude seemed a nice enough guy.

Dude smiled as well, and adjusted his glasses. He found Nelimar a wonderful girl, as well; smart and shy, just like he was.

And there was the fact that she was related to Martinez, as well.

Dude was in awe of the sorcerer, and of RPGC in general. He had only been a member for a year- ever since last Christmas, in fact. He had been in Filgaia III at the time, and happened to witness a battle between the group and the demonic entity Nyarlatothep. He knew right then, that this was the kind of group he wanted to belong to, and followed them to Earth. He had enjoyed his stay a lot, though he hadn’t seen much action yet. But he was confident that would change soon. And Martinez seemed to be familiar with Filgaia; he’d been trying to connect with him for a while, but curiously he hadn’t been around in a while. So, perhaps thru his niece he could-

-“NELIMAR” a harsh, cold voice came from behind the girl.

The girl turned around, only to see an obviously-furious Martinez standing behind her. She gulped.
-“U-Uncle Wil” she gasped. “I-I didn’t know you had arrived already-”
-“Is it true you’re selling adventuring gear?” he interrupted her.
-“Why, yes” she smiled. “And I’m doing great business! Look at all the money I’ve already made!” she said, showing him a wad of bills, some of them strange-looking.
-“You’re not selling MY stuff, are you??”
-“What? No!” she quickly said. “I’m only selling the stuff you gave me.”
-“Whaat? Why!?”
-“Why not? It’s the Law of Economics: you find a need, and you fill it. I learned that in High School. The guys here told me they were needing stuff to help in their adventures, and were willing to pay for it, so I fulfilled their needs.”
-“Indeed” Dude cut in, not noticing the tension in the air. “Why, I just got this beautiful medallion from her!” he said, holding along a golden medallion with magical symbols inscripted on it.
Wil’s eyes widened in recognition. “Nel! That’s the Amulet of Adaptation I gave you for your birthday!!”
-“Umm, well, yeah” she mumbled. “I hope you don’t mind. I mean, I had no use for it-”
-“I gave you that in case you ever landed in a world with a dangerous environment!”
-"…Oh."
-“I had to go thru a whole freakin’ Sahuagin lair to find that thing!” Wil snapped.
Nel looked contrite, but didn’t say anything.
“Nel, don’t you understand?” Wil lamented. “I’ve been giving this stuff so you would be SAFE when you went out adventuring!”
-“Umm, well, I see that, but-”
But their conversation was cut short- by a roaring sound!
GRRRRROOOOAAARRR!!!

Everybody in the room turned around- to see an androgynous person, with pink hair and wearing a suit of armor and a grey cloak, lifting a young man, who was wearing a baseball cap and casual clothes, by the neck!
-“I WARNED you that the next time you called me that I would-” the armored figured said.
-“Acck!! Let me go, you bitch, or I’ll cut you open!!” the man managed to say, pulling out a pocket knife from somewhere in his clothes.

But then THEY were the ones who were surprised, as a bolt of lightning arched over their heads, striking the roof above them:
KRRRAAKLE!!

The bolt left a smoking spot in the roof, and small bits of debris fell on the combatants, causing the armored one to let go of its victim. The two of them looked at where the bolt had come from, to see Wil, standing with his right hand lifted over his head, still sparkling for the spell just cast, as well as Nel and Dude, standing by his side, equally shocked.
-“That’s ENOUGH!” Wil snapped. “We don’t allow fighting in here. You should know that, Lugia.”

The pink-haired figured, obviously ashamed, bowed. “I’m sorry, Wil. I… lost control for a moment there. But it’s HIS fault! You have no idea how he has been teasing me!”
Wil looked at the other person. He didn’t recognize him.
-“And you are?” he asked him.
The young man scowled, but then, putting away the pocket knife, answered. “I’m known as Dave. Sometimes… Evil Dave” he grinned.
-“Really” Wil said, unimpressed. If you’re evil, what are you doing in RPGC?"
The young man shook his shoulders. “I’m not here to do any bad stuff, if that’s what you’re thinking” he responded. “I just… wandered in here. The beer’s good. So, I decided to stay.”
-“Mm-hmm” will nodded. “Well… Dave… RPGC is not necessarily a Super Hero club. We welcome any adventurers who wish to join. However, we do have rules to follow. And one of them is NO fighting. Got it?”
-“Hey, wait a minute” the young man said. “You’re that Martinez guy everyone talks about, aren’t you?”
-"…So what if I am?"
-“You don’t have any official rank in the organization, do you?”
-“No” Wil admitted. “I never cared for any.”
-“Well, you sure sound bossy” Dave grinned.
Wil decided not to continue arguing with the newcomer; he had better things to do. "Just make sure you follow the rules, ‘Evil’ " he said, then turned around.
Self-righteous dick Dave thought, but said nothing. He too, turned around and went back to getting another beer from the fridge. Lugia had already walked away.

All this stuff- with CC, Nelimar and Dave- only made Wil feel worse. What had happened to RPGC while he had been gone? Dammit, he needed someone to talk things with. Someone RATIONAL.
-"…I need to talk to Weiila" he told Nelimar. “But, we WILL continue this conversation later, young lady” he finished.

Then he walked out of the cafeteria.

<< Next: What’s going on with Ken? Plus, some clues about our mystery villain(s). Maybe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: >>

Very nice Wil. I like this ‘Ninja’ updating idea.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see what happens next. Also again we have a secret villain, very nice.

Yes, the ninja updates are nice. >.>

As is the chapter. ^.^

:hahaha; Really cool episode,Uncle.

Nice. You really got my peronsality right.

And thus Wilfredo finds out that the march of time leaves no one behind, and those that do not keep up with the train of change are left wallowing in the past, wondering what could of been.

Ninja or not, I hope to see more.

Great job so far Wil. Keep it up :smiley:

Whee, i get to threaten someone :biggrin:

Good job Wil. It’s turned to a more light-hearted theme now.

Sweet… nice chapter. :smiley:

That reminded me of a joke I heard in college:
Why was 10 afraid of 7?
Because 7 8 9.
Why was 11 afraid of 7?
Because I eat babies.

I’m keeping up this time!!

Lav!

I wonder what I said to Lugia.

Lol, I’m just drinking beer and pissing people off.

Just as a guess maybe you mistook me for a girl and tried asking me out, calling me female several times in the process. but what do i know ;p

So far… ^_~

Once again, I’m delayed by work. BUT! The Ninja Poster shall strike again- TONIGHT! :enguard:

Sweet.

I love conspiratorial winks.

Oh, God… I just realized, Wil neevr took a position of power, but now, technically I have. THis’ll be real fun.

HII-YAH! Like Ninja, I appear, post, disappear!!

The young woman worked feverishly on the papers on the desk in front of her; the locks of her long brown hair bobbed as she nodded while writing. Her concentration was total; beads of sweat even ran down her nose, causing her glasses to almost slip off. And yet, she smiled strangely in satisfaction. The feathered wings on her back, protruding from her red kimono-like dress, fluttered excitedly. The air they moved almost spilled some of the papers stacked around her in the office.
-Knock, knock! The door sounded.
-“Who is it?” she asked, without even looking up from her work.
-“Weiila? It’s me, Wil. May I come in?”
-“Sure. Give me a moment” she responded. She took the papers she had been writing on, stacked them neatly, then put them away in a drawer on the her desk. She took a moment to wipe the sweat from her brow; then, smiling, said, “Come in.”

Will opened the door carefully and peeked inside. Yup, Weiila and her office looked pretty much like they had every time he had visited her before.
-“Nice to see you, Wil. It’s been a while” she said kindly.
-“Thanks. Great to see you too” he said. He walked up to her desk, then sat in a chair that was in front of it.
-“What can I help you with?” she asked.
-“Well… I just wanted to talk, to be honest.”
-“Sure, Wil. About what?”

Wil hesitated a moment before continuing, something that was not lost on the young goddess.

-“Well… look, there’s something that has been bothering me for a while, and I want to finally bring it out and discuss it with somebody. I don’t want to bother you with my problems, but-”
-“Wil” Weiila interrupted him. “You know you can always talk to me when you need to. It isn’t a bother, I swear. We’ve known each other long enough for you to know that. So, just tell me what’s worrying you.”
-“…OK” he said, sighing. Then he added: “Weii, I’m seriously thinking on retiring as an adventurer.”
-“What?” Weiila gasped. She wasn’t expecting that, but she could tell he was serious. “Wil, I told you last year- we are not going to accept your resignation-”
He raised a hand, making her stop. “Weii, this is different. Last year, I was going to quit because I felt like I had failed the team. This time… well, I just don’t know if I want to be an adventurer anymore.”
-“But…why?”
Again he sighed. “It isn’t any single thing… it’s many” he explained. “First, there’s my epilepsy, whose cause I still haven’t figured out. No, don’t worry, I’m OK” he quickly added. “I got it under control, haven’t even had a seizure in a year. Still, I can’t keep acting like it won’t cause me problems someday.”
He continued: “Then there was that business with Naar and the Gatekeepers.”
-“Wil, you’re not still castigating yourself for that, are you?” Weiila interjected. “None of us knew of the damage we were causing to the planar barriers with all our planeshifting. In fact, if we hadn’t caused it, others likely would have- there’s plenty of planeshifters out there, you know.”
-“True” he said. “The Gatekeepers themselves admitted that. And they assured us that, as long as we don’t abuse our abilities, the walls should repair themselves naturally- that’s the only reason I even continue to planeshift at all. Still… I can’t help feeling, that if I’d been more careful, we could’ve caught Naar before he had the chance to take advantage of the situation.”
“In addition to all this, I have new responsibilities, as well.”
-“Your nephew Luis?” Weiila guessed.
The mention of the name made him smile. “Yeah, he’s one of them. You should see him, Weii. He’s so smart and gutsy. Reminds me of- well, of myself at his age.”
-“Heh. You really sound like a proud parent, you wily mage. Never expected that from you.”
Wil chuckled. “Yeah, I never thought I’d enjoy raising a child, but I do. However… I worry about Luis. Not that anything is going to happen to him, so much as-”
-“That he’ll miss you if you’re gone?” she guessed.
He nodded. “Yeah. He and Nel. Fate has seen fit to put the lives of these children in my hands, and I worry I might not be up to the job.”
-“Oh poo!” she snorted. “I can’t think of many people that would make a more responsible parent than you, Wil.”
He nodded in appreciation. “Yeah, but if I’m so good at it, how come Nel was selling away the stuff I gave her without even telling me about it?”
-“You didn’t know? Wil, if I’d known-”
Again he stopped her. “I know, you wouldn’t have allowed it. And I thank you for that. But, the point remains: have I been spending too much time away from her? From a lot of people who might need me, in fact? I mean, have you seen CC?”
-“Yes, I have. I’m worried about her, too. But I figured she’d talk to us when she felt ready” the goddess said.
-“…All of these things have been in my mind for a while” Wil continued. “I haven’t even been in a real adventure in a while. Maybe I’ve been at the game too long. Maybe it’s time to hang up the cape.”
-“Wil” Weiila said, after a moment. “That’s something only you can determine. But if you ask me, there’s still a lot that you can do. Heck, if you want, I could find you a desk job in RPGC. Gods know I could use help with all the paperwork’ she smiled.
Again Wil chuckled. “Err, I’ll get back to you on that.”

Both laughed quietly for a moment. Then Wil said:
-“Well, that’s all I wanted to say, Weii. Thanks for listening; I just needed someone to talk to, someone who would understand things. I think I can make my own decision. I hope you don’t feel worried or pressured.”
-“Not at all. Make sure you let me know about your decision as soon as you make it, thought. I got records to keep.”
-“OK” he said, and stood up.

However, before he got far, Weiila suddenly spoke:
-“Say Wil, before you go- can I ask you something?”
-“Sure. What?”
-“Have you seen Valkyrie recently?”
The question caused Wil to furrow his brow. “No, I just came back from another multiverse, I’ve been out of touch. …Why?”
-“Oh, nothing. It’s just that she hasn’t reported in a while. I find that odd… in fact, several RPGCers have failed to report” she added, going through her lists.
-“They have?” Wil said, now worried. “How many?”
-“Well, not that many… Valkyrie, Hunter, Percival, Ken… a few others.”
-“Hmm. Well, most of those are mainly loners. They may be off on their own quests.”
-“Yeah, I guess…” Weiila said. But Wil could tell she was worried.

Then again, Weiila always worried. She was very much RPGC’s mother hen- and its heart. The place just wouldn’t be the same without her. What a great girl… she’s gonna make some guy very lucky some day.

Smiling, Wil said, “Good afternoon, Weii” and he closed the door behind him.

Weiila smiled- until she was sure he was out of sight.

Then she quickly pulled out the papers she had put away when Wil arrived, and continued writing on them:

“The two of them gazed into each other’s eyes. Finally, they revealed their feelings for each other:”
-“I love you” he said.
-“And I love you too” the other boy said.
And then they kissed passionately…”

<< Don’t worry, guys, that’s the ONLY Yaoi joke you’ll see in this story! >>
[b]:mwahaha:

POOF! Ninja vanish before brickbats hit!![/b]