The nutcase with 14 fucking kids

Remember the octomom? She was all over the news about how she had just given birth to a litter of 8 babies? She’s jobless, in her 30s and is on food stamps and is living at home with her mother. Her mother is now facing foreclosure. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090219/us_nm/us_octuplets

The onion had something funny to say about that: http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/octuplets_domicile_threatened_by

“It’s okay. They can just live in her daughter’s huge vagina.” Fantastic. :smiley:

What the fuck? Her octuplets were in vitro and she’s on food stamps and disability? And she has 6 other kids? Why is it possible for this to happen, ever? Do doctors just not ask questions before impregnating women eight times in one sitting anymore? Does she honestly think she can raise any of them to any decent standard of living without completely neglecting the rest?

Just… what the fuck? I know the States aren’t exactly a bastion of people who give a shit about consequences, but this woman just fucked herself, her mom, and most of her kids straight up the ass.

I heard about this before and wondered why people were so pissed over it. Now I know.

There are people that like to have big families and while they’re often religious nutcases and the likes, they don’t usually go to the same lengths to have litters of children and often have the means to support their massive and ridiculous families. Unlike this woman. I am amazed that people are allowed to do this when its so fucking hard for others to adopt.

There is an unforgivable lack of standards and regulation of practice in fertility medicine. If one doctor wouldn’t perform IVF for her, another one would. :\

From what I read, she already had six children, wanted one more, and had eight embryos implanted; normally not all of them take, but this time they all did and she chose not to abort any of them.

Call me the childbearing police, but I’m against people having a lot of children in general - we don’t live in an agrarian society where we’re creating built-in workforces. I feel bad sometimes about thinking that way, but I guess that’s a personality quirk.

Whatever, I agree with you. It’s not safety-in-numbers any more. More kids just creates a bigger burden on the planet’s resources. And the sooner we eat those up, the sooner we all die. YAY!

Man, the grandmother should’ve aborted 33 years ago. Am I right?

Meh, this’ll be run into the ground until something happens and we all forget about it. Things to keep in mind: despite being on food stamps, she also gets money from the Govt. due to 3-4 of her kids being disabled, and apparently gets paid via a work settlement from some years back (ever wonder how she could take care of 6 kids w/no job?).

Many are pissed since the California Govt. will likely have to foot her hospital bill (which I imagine runs into around $1 million+? Hospitals are expensive and with 8 kids!)

Interestingly enough, she was gonna have like a reality show and book deal and all sorts of stuff, but then started getting death threats, so her publicity agents backed off and left her. (How does one, unemployed, obtain an agent?)

My guess on this: Shit won’t end well. She’s already got the parparazzi on her case, and 14 kids will drain money fast. Maybe she should’ve considered adoption? Do I think she’s completely retarded? Fuck yes.

This is the only solution: http://superstupor.com/sust05052008.shtml

Most of the children should be put up for adoption. Maybe the mother and grandparents can be granted visitation rights or something like that; but they cannot be raised by one family, even if that family theoretically finds enough money to support them all. There’s just not enough manpower to do the job.

Originally Posted by Genericangstyposter
This is the only solution: http://superstupor.com/sust05052008.shtml

I thought the suggestion of running a baby bikini car wash was more hilarious.

Also has she started naming all her kids with the same starting letter? (i.e. John, Jacob, Jenny, Jina, ect…)

I like the vagina reference better.

14 children, heh. Maybe she’ll insult Leto and piss off some gods. >_>

If only they lived in China.

>_>

From what I read on CNN in the Larry King interview with the head of the PR firm that represented her until recently, the agent was working pro-bono (hey, I guess it’s advertising at least). The agents approached her after her story became news since the media was banging the door down, so to speak, and it was a lot for someone to handle. The mother and the firm were all receiving threatening calls and letters; since the mother doesn’t have e-mail, she got to “miss out” on the threatening e-mails. She said that they decided not to represent her any more since it was putting their people at risk. Her story, not mine, I’m paraphrasing.

Apparently the clinic she got this done in is quite shady and is coming under fire for allowing it to proceed. Most doctors interviewed are floored that it ever happened.

I still can’t get over her attitude towards having kids. The “Oh I love children and and being pregnant! I had all these embreyos laying around so I said what the hell use them all!” response from her shows that she really has no regard for human life. All those kids should be given to adoptive families with stable mentalities.

I’d just like to throw out that people are made of meat, and some people are starving.

I too advocate eating the Irish.

Since I haven’t been home much, I didn’t realize it for awhile just how close the whole thing was. The lady had the babies at a hospital about a mile from my mom’s house and one that I went to when I was at home. Makes the world seem kind of small.