The New Welcoming Thread!

Romancing SaGa 3 is great. For one thing the side quests are better in terms of story than later SaGas. As things actually happen. I’m actually replaying it again. I’ve beaten every quest but Mikhail’s quest. Which I won’t play. Oh yes the only real problem I see with RS3 is the eight main quests except for a few quirks are the same. Ie there is not much difference between them.

Hey thanks for the welcome. I initially thought that the freedom to curse would drive everyone to idiocy like on the ytmnd forums, but I guess I was mistaken.

BTW, I got here via StAjora’s quote on GameFAQs, so he gets a Dragon Sword. Speaking of which, I just got one. 72 AP… gawd…

I just realized I never actually posted an intro for myself. Considering it’s about 20 minutes 'til Christmas, now is as good a time as any, I guess.

Hi, I’m Blair. Many details about me (sex, location, age) are already in the sidebar I’m pretty sure, so I don’t know what else to say. I have a degree with double honours in biology and chemistry. I have a LiveJournal, but it’s usually boring or whiny or stupid. Then again, most LJs are. I help write the Returners’ FFRPG in my spare time.

I’ve been playing SaGa games since I got my hands on the very first one, some time back in junior high school. I remember seeing a few pics of Romancing SaGa in an old Nintendo Power, and being very distraught that I could not get a copy of it in English. Discovering the internet (and getting to play SaGa Frontier) helped my SaGa obsession grow to what it is today. SaGa Frontier II is my favorite, though I have yet to really play RS, RS2 or USaGa. I’m eagerly awaiting RS:Minstrel Song. I came to these boards back when the SaGa Maniac Community was about to die, and space on these boards was graciously allocated for us to continue to obsess over this wonderful series.

And that’s all I’ve got. Now back to lurking.

Lots of SaGa fans in here I guess. I’m a big of Saga Frontier, even though it does have a feeling of incompleteness, and I really liked how the characters in that game powered up (Preferred Humans, with mecs as a close second). I have SaGa Frontier 2, and I did get pretty far (Gustave’s forces keep killing me though, so I can’t go any further) and I gave Unlimited SaGa a spin. That game is probably very deep, but it gave me the sense that the whole thing was a rushed project with little effort put in. The faces didn’t even emote a little bit. It’s hard to feel sympathy for someone who faced a tragic thing when his portrait is giving a goofy grin while he’s screaming “Nooooooo”

I personally like Mystics the best in SaGa Frontier followed by monsters. Humans and Mechs, I’m not sure where I’d place them. As for SaGa Frontier. Yeah the Battle of Southmound if that’s the one you mean can be annoying for many. Still beating it was kind of fun. As for Unlimited SaGa I love it, but they could have at least made some more effort animation wise. Honestly what’s the point in advertising a new graphics thing if you are barely going to use it? In general the SaGa games need more fleshing out.

Greetings, people!!! Saw recently the message boards and decided to join. I’ve been a big fan of RPGs, and one of the game series that I love most is the Saga series. I own Saga Frontier I and II, and Unlimited Saga. I also had RS3 on emulator, but a hard disk crash made me lose it (darn it!!!). I really got all the juice from the first PSX Saga game, playing all characters stories once or twice (haven’t seen all endings though). I even have a Memory Card reserved for this game only.

Next is Saga Frontier 2. It was a really great story, with lots of depth and intrigue. I really loved this game though I still have missed some of the techs and weapons. This game would really had been better if the Pocketstation came to America, but the game was pretty enjoyable with it.

At first glance, I looked down at USaga because of the screenshots, but then I decided to buy it after someone told me of the price. While I haven't been able to play it a lot (studies, Disgaea and SNES emulatros the cause), I found the game to be very enjoyable. I havent gotten through all the characters yet (only Kurt and Mythe), but sooner or later I'll attempt to play the game at its full length. That is, if I can sort out my time to play it some more.

i remember saint ajora.
at saga frontier 1 board at gamefaqs.

I think I used to be at the SaGa Maniac Community, but I joined shortly before it died, and all I really used was the chat room, anyway. I remember St. Ajora, and…two other people, though I probably couldn’t recognize them by name. I think one of them had Theta or Thena or something in her name, and the other one had Dragon in her name and posted at GameFAQs. I think…

Edit: Hell, I’m not even sure if I used this name there.

Hi there.
Good to see there are other Fans of the SaGa series.
Romancing SaGa 3 was my first one (English translation of course), afterwards i bought SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa (didn’t like it though). Right now I started playing RS: Minstrel Song.

And sorry if my English isn’t good, it’s not my native language.

Hey, I’m back

Hi… not really real new but not old either… but ne ways hi.

Hello to you.

Heh welcome. Well it has been awhile since I’ve been here, but ah well I’ve been kind of busy.

Hello I’m New
Anyway I’m pretty dissapointed with the whole cancelling of Endless SaGa as it looked really awesome(the one shot/poster) but I think it could have fit very well as a MMO with the series freeroaming nature(or at least the games after Legends III) I just wish it hadn’t been left so obcure.:too bad:

Where’d you hear about this?

I’d like to know myself because this is first time I even heard about this “Endless SaGa” thing. In any shape or form. Be it legit info or far fetched rumors. This is completely new to me. So I can’t say much about it one way or the other. Except of course wanting more info, sources, etc.

I read this at 1up.com about a month ago give or take a week or so.
It’s been awile since I saw this so I’m not excactly sure of the reason they gave for canning the game but I think it had something to do with the developers having too many projects, that and the actual game concept kindda fell off the radar for too long and did not receive much of any actual devolpement.

Ah I think I found the Article in question. It’s clear this Endless Saga has nothing to do with Square’s SaGa series. In case anyone may reading posts here may have been thinking that. Although that’s not to say it would have been a bad game.

So!

I’m here. Umm…I’m Eroneous Waylay, devout member ov the KVLT ov Turnip. I’m apparently part of some data mining expedition that started on GameFAQs and at Skankin’'s suggestion has semi-migrated here (I plan to keep both updated, inasmuch as I keep ANYTHING updated, really.)

Umm…I’m so distracted by the smilies. OMG pure win. <3 THERE NEEDS TO BE, however, an icon ov the almighty RedTurnip. :moogle:

Okay, so. I’ve a page, on the web, ergo I guess by definition a ‘webpage.’
http://geocities.com/passiflora_amethystina

Like I say, you won’t find (at least on my page–the links from it may vary) any character reviews or the like (not yet, anyway.) Purely semi-ish-not-really-organized raw data with some semblance of an explanation from time to time.

Word wrap is recommended. ;x

A hearty hail, all!

Sir_Vimes, Reporting In!

Mir_Vimes, Reporting In!

AL-BLOUGELLUS, REPORTING IN!

we are here to discuss technical data.

if you’re wondering why there’s three of us, that intense looking young man in the capri pants over there absorbed us.

DAMN RIGHT.

so we only exist as part of him now. specifically, we’re the capri pants. he only let’s us talk when discussing saga frontier technical data, so please, start hacking. just don’t piss him off, or he’ll absorb you too.

SHUT UP.

wait, we have to tell them about the site!

HMPH. VERY WELL.

http://www.geocities.com/grand_flamingo/
it’s our crappy little geocities page, a repository of everything SaGa, and a back up in case our computer dies, we break the external hard drive, and the flash - ! oh no! not the iron!

THE IRON, YES, THE IRON! NOW SHUT UP!