The new PSX...your thoughts...?

(Yeah…old news, I know. =P)

Dunno, to me it looks like a HiFi 8-Track stereo from the 1970s.

I love you

Convergence seems to be the big push for the console makers - at least the big ones.

The new Playstation promises to be a games console, DVD player, and TV recorder all in one, similar to what Microsoft is doing with the X-Box and upcoming versions of Windows.

I find that all these features the new console are comming out with are a bit unneccesary.

I mean I already have a dvd player and my VCR can record anything on TV. Plus with all these new features they just keep on getting more expensive, which I can’t always afford.

Old news for me.

The extra features are a bit overboard But it looks soooooo sleek…:slight_smile:

Yeah, the extra features make it nothing more than a richboy toy. I wouldn’t want my game console to do all that, it takes up space that could otherwise be used for gaming powah.

Take the Gamecube. It plays games. “But Twilleh, how about music?” No. Games. “I want my system to play movies, Twilleh!” Then have a weaker system. The Gamecube? That’s pur’ powah in a box. If only they’d start giving us some dang RPGs.

Also, the freaks are reusing the old threeletter for the original Playstation! Back before they got all retroactive with PS One (I hate that name) it used to be the PSX. They’re all crazy fools.

Naw. I definitely don’t need all those extra features. I mean, my PS2 works just fine for DVDs and gamings, but I <b>STILL DON’T HAVE A FRICKIN’ GAMECUBE GRR-BAHH!!</b> … I forget why I even GOT a PS2 instead of a GC in the first place!

Because you wanted the rest of the FF and MML series.

Oh. Right.

Wow, this is like the fifth or sixth thread that I have posted before, and nobody replied. Now somebody else posts, and it’s getting replies.

If it plays both SO2 and my Star Ocean DVDs, I’m happy.

I just see no reason for it. I suppose after this, all the sites that refer to the original PlayStation as “PSX” will have to change that. I guess Sony now has the parents of today’s kid gamers by the nuts, so it will most likely do well in spite of whatever exorbitant price tag.

I don’t think so… a little too over board if you ask me…

Supposedly, it uses Memory “sticks” rather than the old card format. You’ve seen those before, right? There’s actually a guy at my school who wears one of those memory sticks like a pendant around his neck.

I hear they hold more memory and all, but is it really worth it to purchase another system? I think not.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Supposedly, it uses Memory “sticks” rather than the old card format. You’ve seen those before, right? There’s actually a guy at my school who wears one of those memory sticks like a pendant around his neck.

I hear they hold more memory and all, but is it really worth it to purchase another system? I think not. [/b]

You’ve. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.
:fungah: Magus is displeased.

Really, though. To change from card to stick’ll kill the whole backwards compatability that makes the PS series so fun. A huge reason of why the PS2 was successful was that compatability. Take, for example, the conversation between Kid Who Wants System and Parent Who Is Iffy.

:ulty: MOM! GET ME THE PS2!!
:get it?: If I get you the Peace Estu, then all the games on your thing which your dad and I spent all our money on will be worthless!
:ulty: Mom! PS2 can play PS1 games!
:get it?: Alright, then. Honey, wake up, it’s time to do more contract hits for Billy’s new game!
:boring: Grrrnt.

See? Informative and witty.

Oh, for the days when games consoles were actually sold with playing games in mind

This is generalisation on a horrific scale- although admittedly not as bad as the mobile phone (or pda, portable games machine, portable internet, digital camera, digital radio and digital TV when they find a way to stick it in there) insutry as become… yet

Or, to quote ToastyFrog <i>somewhere</i>, they assume that what gamers are after is not a good gaming system, but instead an in-depth multimedia EXPERIENCE.

That was in reference to the 3D0 … I think …

Well, in any case, it still applies here.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Wow, this is like the fifth or sixth thread that I have posted before, and nobody replied. Now somebody else posts, and it’s getting replies.

I still love you Xelo ;_;

Anyway, I don’t like this much, as has been said, consoles should be used for gaming, not for turning on your toaster and brushing your teeth.

Originally posted by Urkani
I still love you Xelo ;_;
Aww, you’re so nice, Urk.

ps2->psx=gba->gbasp
Just the same.

Originally posted by sun
ps2->psx=gba->gbasp
Just the same.

…what? No. The PSX does everything a COMPUTER can do, with absolutely no actual improvement to the gameplaying factor in and of itself. The GBA SP still does nothing but play games, but includes a better battery pack, a lack of headphones, and the ultimate upgrade - a backlight. The screen is also a fraction bigger, and it’s set up like a good oldschool Gameboy. They’re negatives of each other, as the case is.

psX is what they first want ps2 to be, but for some reason(cost), it become the ps2 now.
gbasp is what they first want gba to be, but for some reason(cost again), it become the gba now.
These improvement should be done earlier.