The mind of a killer.

Like the green power ranger, and Michelle Rodriguez?

Oh, no, he DEFINITELY looks like Tommy the Gren Ranger. At least, he used to. With his current avatar, it’s harder to see. Sin, go back to looking like the Green Ranger.

:frowning:

Maybe I was drunk when I saw the show.

Or Alan Shezar, or the singer from the red hot chilly peppers in that one bridge video, or the vampire Louis, or Bon Jovi in the 80s, or some other weird random musician I can’t think of. Where’s the list?

I’ve been asked by a lot of people if I was in a band / been told I look like a rock star. The irony is that I have the musical aptitudes of a gnat in a northern winter.

The only REALLY good comparison is the Green Ranger thing VE mentionned. Someone once found pictures of a scene he was with the pink ranger where Greenie looks _exactly_like me.

Every thread turns into a Sin lookalike- contest and new brilliant observations. We might have to rename the forum soon. <.<

Well, Sin, if you think that musical aptitude has jack and or shit to do with popular music, than you’re absolutely mistaken. I think that you should pose on music covers for people that don’t look like they belong in bands looking alternatively angsty or depressed/pensive. If not, I think that you could probably go through a rock band on looks alone. If you still believe that talent has to do with anything for certain kinds of bands, look at today’s (and for that matter, the 80s [since you’re compared to them]) pop acts and open your eyes.

It’s disturbing that more than half the posts in a thread titled “The mind of a killer” are about Sin. o_o

(I still think Bon Jovi from the 80s is an awful comparison.)

That is true. However, I have not been granted the oppurtunity to be in a band. I do not know where to even start with that.

Edit: In fact, I’d probably want to kill my band members if I go by what the majority of the music type people I’ve had the displeasure of meeting have been like. Now that’s an interesting band theme: “I want to kill the stupid fucks I’m stuck with”. I can already feel the inexisting songs brimming with angst and pulsating with hate. I can have melancolic and angry electrical guitar solos. Grammies, here I come!

“Yeah, we once were in the same messageboard, Sin and I. You know, the guy that swept the Grammies this year?”

^ Awesome by the way.

And on topic…well what can I say. This is the reason I dont watch the news anymore. Its the same crap over and over again. “Oh, they made fun of me so I shot them” Woohoo. Stop acting like a chick and being so anal. That kid lit a key on your hand? Hit that fucker, DONT shoot him. I find the reason behind muderers is much more than “anarchy and opinion” There is seriously something mentally wrong with the guy/girl. In my opinion, the guys excuse to for a shooting is lame. Im very open minded but I still cant see how an opinion negatively effects a person’s well being. Maybe Im coming off as harsh or not harsh enough.

What Im trying to say is that people should indeed leave people alone. Its not like that “loser” at your school will effect your life in any way, so why bother the bloke?
A little less caring here, less poking at there, and our civilisation is helped ^^

Wow, even less caring. Tell me how that’s gonna lower the rate of school shootings oO

Well, its so obvious! If crazy people were not crazy, then they wouldn’t act crazy! There would be no problems anymore! It’s all so simple!

If anyone honestly thinks that the thinking Mitsuko put forward is constructive should themselevs be shot. Address the problem. Not everyone will think like you or behave like you do. To them, you are the crazy one. I liked the bit about advocating violence in response to poor behaviour, that was really good. Especially how you then lambasted a violent response in the next sentence. Violence is violence. Everything else is just discussing degrees. Violence is either an acceptable outlet or it is not. There is no “A shove is ok but you can’t hit someone”, it’s all the same.

If you can’t see how someone’s opinion can affect your wellbeing then imagine if your parents hated you. Not this angsty “My parent’s won’t buy me an Ipod, they hate me”, but actual proper hate. Kicked out of house, all your stuff torched, you left with nowhere to go and only the clothes on your back. That wouldn’t affect your wellbeing? Even if you parents bought a seperate house and moved all your stuff there and just told you to go there, since they didn’t love you anymore and wanted you out of their lives, so no material upset has happened to you, you would still argue that it doesn’t affect your wellbeing?

Secondly, someone’s excuse for shooting is “lame”? People generally don’t do something as extreme as killing without a damn good excuse, at least if they value life to any degree. The excuse might seem “lame” to you, but it won’t make you any less dead when the kid you made fun of for being “lame” shoots you.

Something mentally wrong with them? Maybe you should present me with your credentials and examination of the person in detail so I can see where you pulled this from. Oh wait, I already know where it came from. You know nothing about this person other then hearsay from a report. You know nothing about their mental state. Perfectly sane people do crazy things when they reach threshold. It’s the reason we have the “temporary insanity” as a defense for mitigating factors. Sometimes people are not in the right state of mind.

Of course, This shooting is just another example of why we need to put more rules on video games. School shootings like this are caused purely by violent video games, according to far too many media outlets. It doesn’t matter what the guy said himself, it is the fault of video games.

Doing a thesis paper on violence in videogames and how they do not directly make people violent is awesome.

I hope you’re consulting the vast amount of sociological data which suggests that viewing, at least passively, violent media is actually not cathartic and leads to an increase in violent tendencies, however small (but statistically significant) and temporary. The Catharsis Theory as it relates to just viewing violent media has pretty much been debunked.

We’re going from school shootings to board shootings now…

I meant that people in general should be a little more lenient when it comes to peoples opinion, but thats on another branch. I read my post again and I could see faults on it , so you are incredibly right. I should have explained myself with reasoning and better vocabulary than just sound like a middle schooler. And in this case of course, I obviously dont know what his life is like and therefore should have considered all sorts of circumstances, like being thrown out of his house and the like. I see your point fairly well. I dont have anything more to say than “Poor soul”

If people are exposed to the same kinds of media in different places, but people aren’t doing the same things in these different places, then odds are, its not really the media!

Such an assumption would rely on watching violent media being the sole cause. It’s not, and I didn’t say it was. I said it played a small role, and that is the generally held sociological belief. A large range of studies have shown that violent tendencies do increase after watching violent media, but it’s a very small increase (that is still statistically significant). Other aspects of a person’s life, such as stable household, loving parents, etc play a far bigger role.

The Catharsis Theory was a belief, dating all the way back to Aristotle if not further, that watching violent acts helped to relieve violent tendencies for society as a whole. With the rise of psychology and sociology in the 1800s/early 1900s, that became a common belief. Studies in the mid-60s and on, though, have shown the opposite.

It’s a small increase, and it is not the main factor. It doesn’t even affect everyone. However, when looking at trends in the aggregate society as a whole, there is small but statistically significant increase.

I do wonder, though, if the Catharsis Theory applies to those engaging in mock violent acts. All the studies I know of and read about dealt with those passively watching media (such as movies, TV, or the more violent sports out there). I don’t know of any studies that relate to possible catharsis for those playing video games.

Except that people engage in violent behaviors for a lot of other reasons that what you just mentionned.

As for violent media, correlation doesn’t prove causation.